Monster00101 is offline Junior Member

Warm,red and itchy under injection site.

I am on my first cycle of test and deca . I am using t400 and deca 200 every four days. On my fifth shot which was the day before yesterday my arm started to get red and itchy about 24 hours after the shot. I injected in my right delt and about 3" under the site it is red, hard and itches like hell. It's been 48 hours and dosent seem to be getting any better. The affected area is about 6"x4". I really don't wanna hear my doc chew me out. Should I go in or wait it out a bit.

Also I always clean the site and bottles with alcohol pads. I'm very clean about it.

Eazy20 is offline Member
    Check your temp. If you have a fever, go to your doc asap because infection is pretty much definite. As is now, I would still probably see a doctor, but you could try to wait it out another day or so and see if it relieves.

It dosent hurt at all. I have no fever. I had my friends wife look at it she dosent figure it's infection but the said it could cellist or something like that. Can't quite remember. She's a nurse.

Also should state it's rock hard

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd go see a doctor mate before it gets worse. Your health should b number 1... Just admit it to him...

I've got an appointment for tomorrow. I'm paranoid when it comes to stuff like that. I'm just curious thoughe what could it be if I took all the safety measures. I have a couple friends on the same cycle and there crude about it. Don't clean, don't aspirate at all and they have had no problems.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you get the gear from some one you trust fully? The oil itself may be contaminated if not.

However let me say that a couple cc's of oil injected can cause a lump. I have gotten nice lumps on my quads and they were warm to the touch...but they hurt like hell and never itched. I'm thinking your ok but better to be safe

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    better to be safe. i highly doubt its the gear though, most of the time it comes from the injection process.

without cultures they will prescribe keflex at 1,000-1,500 mg ED. I am not advising you to self-medicate, although i myself keep fishflex on hand in case this happens, its the exact same thing, and made with the same standards Human Grade is made with. i get mine on amazon.

I live in a small secluded town. It would take a while for me to get my hands on some. I'm kinda close with my doc and didn't wanna piss him off. But that's better than the alternative. This isn't really a lump. More of a stiff patch. It's feels like the muscle is hard but the other arm isn't that hard. I had a smallmone show up before but this is quite large. I just don't want him to tell me it's the juice and make me wanna stop. I really want to keep going. Appointments made now. I live in Canada so it's free health care. I'll report back tomorrow with what he says.

minimonster is offline Junior Member
    im not sure what it would be man,,, how fast did you inject, i usually do it slow 1cc per min just to let the oils spread throughout,, i would be suspicious about your gear the oil might be contaminated,, let us know what he (the doc) says,,
    I wouldnt be worried about the doc man that is his job and even if u know him good that should help u out even more with good health care, i dont think it would piss him off

didnt know you were in Canada OP, unfortunately here in the US we got screwed in the health-care dept. even with my 500 a month insurance it still cost's me an arm and a leg to go to the doc................

I get a friend to give me injections. I'm not good with needles. Go figure lol. It definitely wasn't 2 min. It seems to be shrinking a bit but I'm still gonna go in. This was my fifth shot and a couple other guys I know are using the same stuff from the same source with no problems so I wouldn't think it was the gear. It's not as hard as it was ealier either. I'll let u guys know what I find out. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    didnt know you were in Canada OP, unfortunately here in the US we got screwed in the health-care dept. even with my 500 a month insurance it still cost's me an arm and a leg to go to the doc................
    Yeah we got it good as far as health care goes. We don't pay a cent.

Keanu Reeves is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster00101 View Post
    I get a friend to give me injections. I'm not good with needles.
    Did he wash his hands?

He did but Its not like I watched him to see how well. He's a pretty crude user. Dosent really take any safety measures on himself. So it's very possible that could be where the problem came from. But I watched and he never touched the needle or near the site

Also the area that's affected is about 3-4" under the injection site. It's from the top half of my bicep to the bottom half of my shoulder

are you sure you injected in the right spot, its hard to miss but if you do, there is usually some pain.

Yeah this isn't injection pain. It dosent hurt the skin is really tight and red and itchy as all hell.

It's a closer to I the site more like 2" under.

i bet the diagnose cellulitis just to be safe brother, im sure they will give you some keflex, it will fix it right up, no worries.

That's what my friends wife said too. She's a nurse so she's got a bit of knowledge about that kind of stuff. I'm gonna get her to give them to me from now on. I hope it's all good I really don't wanna have to kick it.

it will fix you right up.

Like the sounds of that. So if that's it what can be done to prevent this from happening again? Where did I go wrong?

robofish is offline Associate Member
    i would go to the doc i got an infection once in my a$$ waited a few days got some antiboits form a friend tried them for a few more days got to the point it was hard to walk; you could visibley tell one cheeck was HUGE. so i finaly went to the doc and got a few shots and some pills and everything went a way in 3 days or so. but moral of the story i was an idiot waited for ever cause i was afrid what kinda questions the doc would ask and it turned out he just said dang you must work out like crazy and told the nurse to give me a some shots and that was it. So i wouldnt worry about the doctor asking and giving you lectures they arent the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster00101 View Post
    Like the sounds of that. So if that's it what can be done to prevent this from happening again? Where did I go wrong?
    getting an infection from dirty gear is very very rare, you would be surprised what your body can handle. most UG's use a .45 filter and thats not nearly small enough to get all the bacteria out. .22um is the only thing i use. they use the bigger filter so they can filter more gear faster. the alcohol in the gear just prevents new growth it doe not sterilize.

so its usually from injection process, like not wiping bottle first or bumping the needle on an uncleaned surface, or not letting the alcohol dry all the way, until the alcohol dries it has not killed all the bacteria. so you need to be very clean.

wash your hands. wipe bottle and skin thoroughly, and let the alcodol dry. do it in clean area and do not let needle touch anything.

I would NOT let anyone pin me, thats like riding on the back of a harley, not gonna happen.

robofish is offline Associate Member
    i agree with everything the-det-oak says... espically not letting anyone else pin me... cause lol my wife pins me so now i just figured out why i got an infection.

Riding the back of a Harley lmao. That's funny. Pretty sure if I pinned my self I'd wake up on the floor. I dont know y. I don't have a week stomach and I've done some pretty gnarly damage to myself over the years never botherd me once. Yet stick a pin in my arm and I'm sweating and almost puking. Weird how the mind works. I'll definitely be taking more precautions. can I keep going while on the meds? Also the guy who hooked me up gave me one larger needle for drawing. Could the fact that I reuse the drawing needle be the cause of contamination?

Just got back from doc office. Showed him the arm and he didn't even ask. Gave me cetrizine and prednisone. Said will clear me right up. No signs of infection. Did I do the right thing or should I have told him even thoughe he didn't ask.

esc0bar is offline New Member
    He probably figured it out all by himself, he just didnt wanna put you on the spot i believe... especially if you know him kinda well, he probably did not want the "awkward moment".

Yeah I guess. Glad I went. There's a lesson for anyone in that position. It won't b as bad as your mind makes it out to be. Lol. Was literally in and out in ten min.

clutchking403 is offline Junior Member
    Ya was most definitely your drawing needle, should change that every time. I've also taken t400 an gotten the same thing. But I never went to the doc...

turkishexpress is offline Junior Member
    Draw with 18g and switch the needle to 23 to inject. Since this happened on your fifth shot, there are several probabilities. I'm going to guess, you may have hit a nerve or damaged (gone through) a vein and possibly injected too much too fast in one area. Also are you rotating sites? You should let each site rest about a week before injecting to be on the safe side. Try putting some heat on the hardness couple of times per day. See how you feel in a couple of days.

Thread Information