weaz12 is offline New Member

Getting back into it...Have questions

Male
    5'7 - 155 lbs.
    Body Fat - Way too high
    Cholestrol - Bad
    Testosterone Levels - Low
    Worked out for 7 years, then stopped for the last 3 years. I have been back at the gym for about 4 1/2 months.

Just to give a brief history of myself, I worked out hard for about 7 years, of which I used gear for the last 3 of, on and off of course. I was in great shape, felt good, had no real health issues. After meeting my current wife, I slowly started to fade away from the gym and obviously started to get out of shape. After a few years, I started to notice an overall decline in the way I felt every day. Energy levels were low, I was constantly tired, motivation was non existent, no real sex drive, etc.

I went to the doctor to have some blood work and found that my cholestrol was in bad shape, as well as my testosterone levels being pretty low. I felt like my past usage of AAS probably contributed to this, but mainly because I did not use them properly. Sure, I used some clomid and HCG here and there, but I never did PCT the proper way.

I was really active on these forums a few years ago, and learned so much here. I come back today to try to refresh myself on what the next steps to take are.

My biggest concerns moving forward are obviously that I do not want to hurt my health anymore than it already is. No matter what I decide to take, there will be sides, however I plan on minimizing those to the best of my ability.

In the past, my experience using test based substances have not been very good. In general, whether it was cypionate , sustanon , test E, or propionate , I would end up swelling up in my face so much. It was beyond noticeable, and people would comment on it all the time. In addition, I would get really bad gyno. I know that I am going to have to include some form of test in whatever cycle I decide on, but my concerns are that I do it without the swelling and gyno. I see pictures of successful cycles from members here that used test, and their faces look slim and dry. I am trying to attain that same look.

My first thought is to include nolvadex into my cycle. Right now, I am leaning to a Test E, Anavar , EQ cycle for 8 weeks. I am on a very good diet right now, and will remain so through the cycle. I have read as much as I could on what I should supplement with this cycle to reduce swelling and gyno, and it seems like Nolvadex is the best option because of the positive effects it has on cholesterol levels.

I am confident in its ability to block the gyno more than the swelling in my face, or water retention.

Is there another option that can help reduce the water retention that is also safe in terms of cholesterol?

Is water retention just something that I have to accept if I use test?

How do you guys feel about using Anavar, EQ, and just a small dose of Test each week just to keep my levels sufficient?

Any info on this cycle in general is appreciated. I want to use Nolva for PCT in conjunction with HCG as well, so I am a little concerned about its prolonged use. Again, any feedback is welcome.

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Here is my opinion, and im not sure how old you are...
    5.7 @ 155 pounds, you dont need any steroids yet.
    4.5 months of working out after stopping 3 years... you dont need any steroids yet...if you worked out before for 7 years , then give it more time before you start using steroids again; dont make the same mistakes you made in the past ( ever heard/read about muscle memory ???)
    Body fat to HIGH.... dont use steroids .... drop body fat first.
    cholesterol level bad...again, dont use steroids, eat right so that your cholesterol levels drop to normal, or ask you doctor for medication to lower you cholesterol first.

Most people want to jump right away to steroids, after a couple of months of working out, and not give their body a chance to change without it, and thats a big mistake.... people have to realize that bodybuilding is not a 100 meter race, its a marathon...

weaz12 is offline New Member
    Good points. I am 29 years old and when I say body fat is too high, I basically am saying that I hate the way I look, I am not actually sure if its higher than normal for my age and weight. Anyways, the point about cholesterol is a good one and I want to make sure that I am watching my health. My doctor already prescribed me Lipitor, however I have not started taking it yet, mainly because I wasn't sure if it would interfere with any steroids that I opted to start taking.

Another question......Is it ok to take Lipitor while on steroids, or should I take the Lipitor for a while in conjunction with exercise and diet, and then take the steroids.

IF your body fat is 18% and over, i would lower it first... as for you other question , take lipitor first and conjunction with exercise and diet (diet very importante), to get it back to normal, then in take the steroids ... you can take lipitor and steroids together, BUT first you have to get it under control....IF you take both now, without lowering your cholesterol first, lipitor is not going to do nothing....either way, i would still wait on the steroids, you only been working out for 4.5 months....

ny_livvy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Here is my opinion, and im not sure how old you are...
    5.7 @ 155 pounds, you dont need any steroids yet.
    4.5 months of working out after stopping 3 years... you dont need any steroids yet...if you worked out before for 7 years , then give it more time before you start using steroids again; dont make the same mistakes you made in the past ( ever heard/read about muscle memory ???)
    Body fat to HIGH.... dont use steroids .... drop body fat first.
    cholesterol level bad...again, dont use steroids, eat right so that your cholesterol levels drop to normal, or ask you doctor for medication to lower you cholesterol first.

Most people want to jump right away to steroids, after a couple of months of working out, and not give their body a chance to change without it, and thats a big mistake.... people have to realize that bodybuilding is not a 100 meter race, its a marathon...
    How long would you recommend to be in the gym for before you should be able to start a cycle again? I am also just hitting the gym again although I am still in very good shape and lift pretty well already... Thx

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ny_livvy View Post
    How long would you recommend to be in the gym for before you should be able to start a cycle again? I am also just hitting the gym again although I am still in very good shape and lift pretty well already... Thx
    one year minimum, you need tendons etc on par with muscle to prevent injury

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    one year minimum, you need tendons etc on par with muscle to prevent injury
    Wow, what if my stuff expires before then? I have some old stuff that I was going to use... Its only about a hlaf cycles worth

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Wow, what if my stuff expires before then? I have some old stuff that I was going to use... Its only about a hlaf cycles worth
    whats the expiry, ive heard of guys using stuff 2yrs out of date here with no probs. expiry dates on alot of things are general BS

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    whats the expiry, ive heard of guys using stuff 2yrs out of date here with no probs. expiry dates on alot of things are general BS
    Oh wow, mine expires (so it says) in a couple of months... maybe I will just wait then.. cool thx man

Rastapopolous is offline Junior Member
    Keep the gear out of sunlight and at room temp (should be on label anyway) and you'll have no worries years past the expiry date. In the case of gear, if it's pharmacy grade, then all the expiry date means is that by that date the lab cannot guarantee that the concentration of the active ingredient is still what the label states. If it's a Testosterone ester then there's a very slow decline in the active ingredient over time. I've read of people using gear that's 10 years old. :-)

If it's from a underground lab then the expiry date ususally means nothing really... they just pick a timeframe in line with the pharmaceutical brands and print it on the labels. concentration of underground gear is seldom what's on the label anyway just as likely to be overdosed or underdosed.

Minimum one year....8 years ago, i had had surgery on my neck , and took 2 years off of working out, when i got back to the gym, i worked out for 1 year and 8 months before i did a cycle... i kept seeing results, so why would i start a cycle??? what most people dont realize, is that If you worked out before, and for some reason where off for a while, once you start back in the gym, you muscle will almost grow back to what they where, before you left without using any steroids ... you just need a good diet, sleep and exercise... yes,eventually, you stop having those gains, then, thats when you should start thinking about using steroids.. but If you keep seeing gains ( when you eating right) then why use the steroids???

Thread Information