Thread: albuterol?

big swoll is offline Member

albuterol?

i have asthma and i have had an albuterol inhaler ever since i was about five years old...i know that is a very similar drug to clenbuterol as that it is used as a brochodilator, and i was basically wondering if anyone knew if abuterol had any of the same effects that clen has...i doubt it would work the same for me anyway because i am an asthma patient, but i just thought it might be interesting to see if they work in the same way

longhornDr is offline Member
    Albuterol is considered a short-acting beta2-agonist and Clenbuterol is a long-acting beta2-agonist.

Both do essentially the same thing, though albuterol is thought to target the B2 receptors in bronchial smooth muscle with fewer cardiovascular effects.

Clenbuterol was originally used in asthma patients, but because of it's long half life is no longer used in the US.

MacGyver is offline Associate Member
    longhorn's right. I used it for sports in highschool to raise the hrt rate and help the breathing.

I wondered if I could use it as Clen . I found out exactly what the dr just said so I gave it a shot. Turns out you have to take like 4 puffs every 4 hours to do what Clen does. THis really messed me up although I diddnt do that much. IMO its not worth it becuase it seemed to mess something up. Throughout that time and about a month after that my jaw would always be clenched for no reason and even in my sleep. It did help alot in the way of cardio workouts though.

BIG-G is offline Banned
    i use an albuterol inhaler on squat days or anything that takes the wind out of me (power lifts). I am not asmatic either. my .02

big swoll is offline Member
    thanks guys....lots of good info above....i think im start taking it to the gym with me

BIG-G is offline Banned
    big swole, just be carefull, to many puffs on it can be hasardous to ur heart!!!!!!!! Only take it when u feel u absolutely need to catch ur breath or feel heavy in the lungs!

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    how about albuterol syrup or serum. how would you dose that?

Thread Information