Myostatinus is offline Junior Member

First BB show in 24 weeks, cycle critique

I'm 33, 6'2", 225lbs ~12%BF (calipers), 300lbs 1RM bench, 400lbs 1RM squat, 500lbs 1RM Deadlift. I've been training since I was 14. I'm already bigger than I thought I would ever get, but possibly not big enough even for an amateur show. So I've been I've hired the same trainer as my girlfriend who is doing her first figure show next to see if I had what it took to do a BB show. She thought I had a pretty good base, but some points would need to be brought up. She also suggested we do at least 2 cycles before the competition (which was then a year away)

I have had some previous cycle experience going back to 2005. I forget the exact details, but it looked like a 500mg/week test E 12 week cycle, 500mg/week TEST E + 500 mg/week Deca . That brought some result, but the most productive were my 2 last cycles in 2009 and 2010, Test E + Tren E ( I forget the exact dosages, but I think it was about 250 mg Test E and 450 mg Tren E and 450mg Test E + 250mg Tren E for 12 weeks)

I just finished the first cycle she suggested 2 weeks ago. Considering I had told her about my previous cycle experience and the usual dosages I've read about, I thought the dosages she suggested were somewhat low. She had me on a 250mg/week sustanon (durateston (HG ampules I think ) + 40mg Winny (Estano "muscle power" ) per day for 8 weeks.

I had some winny leftover from a previous cycle So I did 250 mg/wk sust + 60mg/d Winny and I did gain about 10 lbs and tons of strength.

She is not designing the cycles herself but referring to a Pro BB friend couple who still live in her home country (who also happen to be her source). She suggested we do 2 more cycles until the competition in november (8 weeks on, 4 weeks off, then 8 weeks on ending at the competition) and I wanted to get a second opinon on the next cycle she suggested because I think the dosages are low too:

week 1 sust 250 mg/wk EQ 100 mg/wk anadrol 20 mg/d clen 20 µg/d
    week 2 sust 250 mg/wk EQ 200 mg/wk anadrol 40 mg/d clen 40 µg/d
    week 3 sust 250 mg/wk EQ 300 mg/wk anadrol 40 mg/d clen 40 µg/d
    week 4 sust 500 mg/wk EQ 400 mg/wk anadrol 60 mg/d clen 60 µg/d
    week 5 sust 500 mg/wk DECA 400 mg/wk anadrol 60 mg/d clen 60 µg/d
    week 6 sust 250 mg/wk DECA 300 mg/wk anadrol 40 mg/d clen 40 µg/d
    week 7 sust 250 mg/wk DECA 200 mg/wk anadrol 40 mg/d clen 40 µg/d
    week 8 sust 250 mg/wk DECA 100 mg/wk anadrol 20 mg/d clen 20 µg/d

Is it possible that the sust+winny cycle gave decent results because it was HG gear? She has had some of her recent orders not come through, so I will be sourcing domestic UGL for the next cycle so I think probably I should up the dosage to at least 500 mg test per week and maybe up the EQ and DECA to 500 respectively. I would leave the anadrol as is, and adjust downwards there are too much sides or something.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Myostatinus; 05-25-2011 at 09:48 AM.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I wouldnt follow that cycle at all.

Sustanon should be ran for 12 weeks @ 500mg
    Deca should be ran for 10 weeks @ 400-500mg
    EQ should be ran for up to 12 weeks @ 400-600mg (IMO its worthless)
    Anadrol should be ran for 6 weeks @ 50-100mg MAXIMUM
    Clen looks ok

What about PCT, you didnt mention one word about it.

Taking 4 weeks of EQ wont do anything for you neither will 4 weeks of Deca. It takes 4-5 weeks to build up in your blood stream and for the long esthers to release the compound. The anadrol is overkill for 8 weeks, IMO it would be ok to do it, but better to stick to 6 weeks.
    Last edited by wmaousley; 05-25-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    I wouldnt follow that cycle at all.
    What about PCT, you didnt mention one word about it.
    Since she wants me to run another 8 week cycle 4 weeks after this one, I was thinking ofusing HRT doses of Test between the cycles.

True PCT will come after the show (12 weeks after the end of this proposed cycle)

I've had good results in the past with a Test Taper

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    No HCG ?

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Myostatinus View Post
    Since she wants me to run another 8 week cycle 4 weeks after this one, I was thinking ofusing HRT doses of Test between the cycles.

True PCT will come after the show (12 weeks after the end of this proposed cycle)

I've had good results in the past with a Test Taper
    tapering is total bullshit! It does not work at all. You may want to do a lil more research on how these chemicals work. You shut down your hpta whether you use 1000mg per week or 100mg per week. You def need a pct dude especially if your running deca . Or the hrt dose your talking about will be a "for life" thing

Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    No HCG?
    I've read some really good things about HCG , unfortunately, I haven't been able to source it reliably in the past, and my current source does not carry it either

Quote Originally Posted by brad1986 View Post
    tapering is total bullshit! It does not work at all. You may want to do a lil more research on how these chemicals work. You shut down your hpta whether you use 1000mg per week or 100mg per week. You def need a pct dude especially if your running deca. Or the hrt dose your talking about will be a "for life" thing
    I'm sure there is no harm in covering all my bases, I already have nolva and clomid and some arimidex which I can easily include during the last 4 weeks of the test taper, and HCG if I can locate some by then.
    Last edited by Myostatinus; 05-27-2011 at 11:49 AM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I've never competed and dont really know about prepping for one. What weight class are you going to compete in?
    Also most importantly that cycle sucks on so many levels

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1986 View Post
    tapering is total bullshit! It does not work at all. You may want to do a lil more research on how these chemicals work. You shut down your hpta whether you use 1000mg per week or 100mg per week. You def need a pct dude especially if your running deca. Or the hrt dose your talking about will be a "for life" thing

Its pretty obvious that "bodybuilding girl" doesnt know a damn thing. I would not take her suggestions at all.

Sus for 8 weeks?? Tapering dosages?? Anadrol for 8 weeks?? No PCT?? No HCG ?? She is an idiot..

Your better off waiting a few weeks then running a 16-18 week cycle. Including other/better compounds. And of course HCG throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by warren916 View Post
    Its pretty obvious that "bodybuilding girl" doesnt know a damn thing. I would not take her suggestions at all.

Your better off waiting a few weeks then running a 16-18 week cycle. Including other/better compounds. And of course HCG throughout.
    Actually, she is not designing the cycles herself, she tells me that her source in her home country of argentina is a ifbb pro and he's the one suggesting these cycles. So cycle design is subcontracted by my trainer to a third party...

I figured that a longer cycle going right up to the show would be more productive, she would have me on 2x 8-week cycles with a 4 week break in the middle. I was thinking that 20 weeks on, with compounds being changed as the show was approaching would be more productive.

gixxerboy1: It's a competition reserved for first-timers the heaviest are the heavyweights and the division starts at 198 lbs. At 6'2 it would be impossible to be taken seriously below that weight, and even at that weight it's still light. At present at 225 ~12%BF so that is 198 lbs LBM, at 5% BF that would mean 208 lbs, factor in some dehydration and I would expect to be able to be about 203 on comp day. The good news is that in the last 5 years there were always only 2 competitors in the heavyweights except 2009 when there were 4. So I could suck and still have a 80% chance of coming in second... But I have more pride than that.

Ideally I would want a couple more pounds LBM and come in on contest day at 220 (100 kg), I'm sure a 16-20 week cycle can give me the 10-12 lbs of LBM that are missing.

To start I will have
    1x Test 400 400mg/ml, 10ml
    1x EQ 300mg/ml, 10ml
    1x Deca 300mg/ml, 10ml
    1x Anadrol 25mg, 100 capsules
    1x Clenbuterol 200mcg/ml, 50ml
    1x Clomid 50mg, 50 capsules

I'll browse through the posts to find a suitable "bulk-show prep" 16-20 week cycle. Or feel free to suggest one.

Thanks!

Antismallness suggested somethign in line with what I had in mind about making the first half of a 20-week cycle with what I already have on hand and then move and then move the next 10 weeks to a more hardening/cutting/precontest in this 2007 thread:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ght=precontest
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiSmallness View Post
    1-4 Dbol 50mg daily
    1-12 test prop 500mg/week
    1-12 EQ 600mg/week
    8-16 masteron
    12-16 anavar

nolva 20mg
    (he lists his stats as 6'4", and 290, training for 4 years, he must've been doing SOMETHING right)

I thought with what I have available I would be in line with that cycle by

1-7 Anadrol 50 mg/d
    1-10 Test 400 mg/wk
    1-10 Deca 300 mg/wk
    1-10 EQ 300 mg/wk

11-20 Test Prop 200mg/eod
    11-20 Tren A 75mg/eod
    15-20 Anavar 50mg/day
    19-20 Masteron 100mg/day

20+ PCT including HCG as per the "unofficial how to do PCT" in the stickies in the PCT forum.
    Last edited by Myostatinus; 06-03-2011 at 08:48 AM.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    remember though all injectables should be discontinued 2 weeks before your show and orals about 5-7 days i believe. So consider that when you cycle

Thread Information