Catch is offline Junior Member

Freaking out a little bit. Annual health exam.

So, I just got the email from work that my annual health exam is coming up next month. That involves blood work and urinalysis. From what I've read, I'm fuked if they're looking for Deca , but the vast majority don't look for it.

This is basically a health exam to make sure I'm not gonna drop dead at work and that I'm not snorting blow every day. Pretty sure the urinalysis is just for narcotics and the bloodwork is for cholesterol and blood sugar and what not.

I guess I just need to know if my blood work is gonna show something crazy even if they're not looking for aas that might raise a red flag for them to test specifically FOR aas.

There are several people here at work on the same Deca/Sus cycle and they've all managed to stick around, but I don't know the specifics of when in relation to their cycle they've been tested. I mean, some of these guys are monsters and the others are freaking shredded. There would be much more call to suspect those guys for usage because I'm neither humongous or 4% bf.

What say you, pros?

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Rbc, cholesterol, etc...

There are a few things that could "indicate" steroid use but i doubt that would be their assumption. They would most likely diagnose it and look at it as a bad factor in general overall health. Unless they specifically look for heightened hormone levels or exoneous hormones not produced by the body, you have no worries mate.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    whats the job...why would they test for steroids

It's just a random plant job and I'm 99% sure that they don't test specifically for aas.

I actually just spoke with someone who went through their annual while he was mid cycle. Apparently his cholesterol was through the roof. He's one of the guys who's shredded to the bone with some good size to him. He said that the doc told him, "I don't know what you're doing to your body, but I'd advise against it and try to go with healthier choices."

He said that it sounded like the doc knew/suspected his usage but wasn't concerned with it so much. He just told him to try to eat better and they'd retest him in a few months.

That makes me feel a bit better, but damn if I'm not still worried about it.

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Standard drug tests are for only the basic narcotics. I was mid cycle when I was hired on for a govt job. I passed my urine test and all of my bloodwork came back perfect. I was also using a weight gainer with very high cholesterol amounts. My doc said my good C levels are so high I could eat Twinkies everyday for the rest of my life and be ok, LOL.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    the more they look for, the more it costs....

they are looking for things that are a potential liability for them down the road.... you nursing and not fessing up to a bad back, then filing a WC claim later on saying it was on the job related

the other thing they obviously look for is rec drug use.

What they typically are NOT doing is giving you a free health exam for your benefit. So if it doesn't represent a potential liability for them down the road, they probably won't check. Case in point.... when was the last time you saw an employer prescreen physical give a shit about your prostate?

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    Find a good pro hormone and if you get questioned, tell them that is what you are taking. But you will probably be alright.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You could ask a lawyer but I would think that unless you signed a paper agreeing to share any and all of your health insurance information with your employer then they can not reveal it to your employer under physician patient confidentiality laws. A drug test is different as thats the sole reason for a drug test.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    They're not testing for AAS, standard CMP and recreation narcotics most likely

Just an update on this... Got my bloodwork done in week 11 of a 12w Deca /14w Sus cycle. Got my results last week and all is well. They obviously didn't test for aas.

My bad cholesterol was only 1.4 points high and my liver function was only .4 out of range. RBC was standard and the only other thing awry was my Ketones in my piss. Doc said that was probably just from my losing fat though.

I expected my cholesterol and RBC to be through the roof. I told the doc I was doing the Atkins diet and she was like, "oh, well that explains all of this."

All is well

Devils Advocate is offline Junior Member
    Damn, I better get me on the Atkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Damn, I better get me on the Atkins.
    Lol. I'm not actually doing Atkins. I just told the doc that to explain my high cholesterol and liver function. Seems to be a good excuse for those factors though.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    You boyz always worry about this crap.They aint lookin for you gym junkies.You will be fine sweetheart.Take two asprin and call me in the AM

Devils Advocate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catch View Post
    Lol. I'm not actually doing Atkins. I just told the doc that to explain my high cholesterol and liver function. Seems to be a good excuse for those factors though.
    Lolz... I know, was just sayin'. The fact that your doc just thought that it explained it all was pretty damn funny.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Catch View Post
    Just an update on this... Got my bloodwork done in week 11 of a 12w Deca /14w Sus cycle. Got my results last week and all is well. They obviously didn't test for aas.

My bad cholesterol was only 1.4 points high and my liver function was only .4 out of range. RBC was standard and the only other thing awry was my Ketones in my piss. Doc said that was probably just from my losing fat though.

I expected my cholesterol and RBC to be through the roof. I told the doc I was doing the Atkins diet and she was like, "oh, well that explains all of this."

All is well
    Are you in the US? Because these things are usually only measured in whole numbers, and on a scale from 0-~50 for the normal range (in the case of AST and ALT). So I don't see how you could be .4 over...(unless .4 over means 40% over)

Thread Information