MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

test while cutting

hi
    i am cycling test enan with clen i am afraid that test would prevent me lossing water due to water retention should i cut it from the cycle?

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    You could use Liquidex or go with Sus because you will hold less water with Sus than enanthate . I'm big on Sus in case anyone didn't know

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I used test enth while cutting (I had extra left over) if your diet is clean with low carbs as most cutting diets are then the water retension won't be too much, I only noticed 5lbs of quick loss when the test was out of my system. If you are that worried about it use some dex. BTW, who cares if you lose water or not, you are looking for fat loss, I increase my sodium intake when cutting to hold a little extra water, I hate looking so damn flat.

Pain

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Keep your test low, here's a study that shows enan to increase mass and decease fat at 100mg a week. Keep it at 250-350mg a week, I think you'll be O.K.

The male contraceptive regimen of testosterone and levonorgestrel significantly increases lean mass in healthy young men in 4 weeks, but attenuates a decrease in fat mass induced by testosterone alone.

Herbst KL, Anawalt BD, Amory JK, Matsumoto AM, Bremner WJ.

Population Center for Research in Reproduction, Department of Medicine, University of Washington (K.L.H., B.D.A., J.K.A., A.M.M., W.J.B.).

In hypogonadal men, testosterone (T) in replacement dosages is known to increase fat-free mass (lean mass) and decrease fat mass. In young eugonadal men, similar dosages of T increase lean mass, but much higher dosages of T are required to decrease total body fat mass. Current T-based male hormonal contraceptive regimens include a second agent, such as a progestin, to maximize inhibition of pituitary gonadotropins and improve efficacy. To study the effect of such combinations on body composition, we randomized healthy, young, eugonadal men into four combinations of exogenous T and the progestin, levonorgestrel (LNG): 1) 100 mg T enanthate , im, weekly plus 125 micro g LNG, orally, daily (T+LNG); 2) T plus placebo LNG (T alone); 3) placebo T plus LNG (LNG alone); and 4) placebo T plus placebo LNG (placebo). We then analyzed body composition by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry after 4 and 8 wk of treatment. T+LNG significantly increased total lean mass after 4 and 8 wk of treatment (3.5 +/- 0.9% and 4.2 +/- 1.2%, respectively; P < 0.05) and truncal lean mass after 4 and 8 wk of treatment (4.7 +/- 0.9% and 5.0 +/- 0.9%, respectively; P < 0.05) compared with baseline and placebo. T alone also increased total and truncal lean mass significantly compared with placebo after 4 wk of treatment, but not compared with baseline (3.3 +/- 1.4% and 3.2 +/- 2.3%, respectively; P < 0.05 vs. placebo), suggesting an additive effect of T and LNG to increase lean mass. Fat mass significantly decreased in the abdomen in men administered T alone compared with LNG alone (-4.9 +/- 2.8%; P < 0.05). Fat mass significantly increased in the abdomen with LNG alone (4.1 +/- 1.0%; P < 0.05) compared with baseline and was unchanged with the combination of T+LNG, suggesting that LNG attenuates the decrease in fat mass seen with T alone. There was no change in weight or body mass index in any group during the study. This study shows that in young eugonadal men 1) T alone rapidly increases lean mass and decreases fat mass in 4-8 wk; 2) T+LNG rapidly increases lean mass, but has no effect on fat mass; and 3) LNG alone increases fat mass. The favorable profile on body composition by T is, therefore, partially attenuated by the progestin, LNG. These findings suggest that androgen-based male hormonal contraceptives might have favorable effects on body composition. The impact of these changes on cardiovascular risk in normal men needs further study.

JohnnyB

Originally posted by JohnnyB
    Keep your test low, here's a study that shows enan to increase mass and decease fat at 100mg a week. Keep it at 250-350mg a week, I think you'll be O.K.

The male contraceptive regimen of testosterone and levonorgestrel significantly increases lean mass in healthy young men in 4 weeks, but attenuates a decrease in fat mass induced by testosterone alone.

Herbst KL, Anawalt BD, Amory JK, Matsumoto AM, Bremner WJ.

Population Center for Research in Reproduction, Department of Medicine, University of Washington (K.L.H., B.D.A., J.K.A., A.M.M., W.J.B.).

In hypogonadal men, testosterone (T) in replacement dosages is known to increase fat-free mass (lean mass) and decrease fat mass. In young eugonadal men, similar dosages of T increase lean mass, but much higher dosages of T are required to decrease total body fat mass. Current T-based male hormonal contraceptive regimens include a second agent, such as a progestin, to maximize inhibition of pituitary gonadotropins and improve efficacy. To study the effect of such combinations on body composition, we randomized healthy, young, eugonadal men into four combinations of exogenous T and the progestin, levonorgestrel (LNG): 1) 100 mg T enanthate , im, weekly plus 125 micro g LNG, orally, daily (T+LNG); 2) T plus placebo LNG (T alone); 3) placebo T plus LNG (LNG alone); and 4) placebo T plus placebo LNG (placebo). We then analyzed body composition by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry after 4 and 8 wk of treatment. T+LNG significantly increased total lean mass after 4 and 8 wk of treatment (3.5 +/- 0.9% and 4.2 +/- 1.2%, respectively; P < 0.05) and truncal lean mass after 4 and 8 wk of treatment (4.7 +/- 0.9% and 5.0 +/- 0.9%, respectively; P < 0.05) compared with baseline and placebo. T alone also increased total and truncal lean mass significantly compared with placebo after 4 wk of treatment, but not compared with baseline (3.3 +/- 1.4% and 3.2 +/- 2.3%, respectively; P < 0.05 vs. placebo), suggesting an additive effect of T and LNG to increase lean mass. Fat mass significantly decreased in the abdomen in men administered T alone compared with LNG alone (-4.9 +/- 2.8%; P < 0.05). Fat mass significantly increased in the abdomen with LNG alone (4.1 +/- 1.0%; P < 0.05) compared with baseline and was unchanged with the combination of T+LNG, suggesting that LNG attenuates the decrease in fat mass seen with T alone. There was no change in weight or body mass index in any group during the study. This study shows that in young eugonadal men 1) T alone rapidly increases lean mass and decreases fat mass in 4-8 wk; 2) T+LNG rapidly increases lean mass, but has no effect on fat mass; and 3) LNG alone increases fat mass. The favorable profile on body composition by T is, therefore, partially attenuated by the progestin, LNG. These findings suggest that androgen-based male hormonal contraceptives might have favorable effects on body composition. The impact of these changes on cardiovascular risk in normal men needs further study.

JohnnyB
    well i am thinking of taking 250mgs/week this will be ok

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I think you'd be fine at 250mg.

JohnnyB

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I agree with JohnnyB on this one.

Thread Information