Dwill36907 is offline New Member

Just a few Questions

I have been lifting since 8th grade and now am a sophomore in college. I have pretty decent diet as well as a solid workout routine (at least I think so), at any rate, I am having troubles losing my last 10-15 pounds and am looking for something to help me break this barrier. I have searched the forums, but could use a little more direct answers to my questions.

What supplements here would help me break this final barrier?

Also, how reliable is this website when it comes to buying products? I recently got scammed on another site and my bank went through a huge ordeal to help make sure I came out without getting that scam charges, and I would hate to put them through that again.

So, what supplements here are best to help me lose that final 10-15 pounds of fat? And do you guys find this website to be reliable in terms of good supplements and scam-free?

Thank you.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well before we get into supplements. Lets see ur diet. Diet will make the difference between some moderate fat loss and a great cut.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Welcome

AAS will not help you lose weight, diet and cardio will.

If you insist on using some type of aid go with a thermogenic, not steroids

realgear is offline Banned
    Exactly show me what your eating and be honest cause it will only hurt you if u lie. There is no miracle lose weight drug except crack cocaine to lose wait on. Losing wait takes dedication and a change in your eating habits.. Don't goto bk or Mcd's everyday and say why can't I lose weight.

My diet consists of fiber one cereal and 2 percent milk for breakfast. Pre-workout whey protein shake, post workout protein shake. White rice and grilled chicken breast. For supper I have brown rice and grilled chicken breast and then before bed casein protein. Those are my core meals all throughout the week with rand5'om fruits/veggies in between for snacks. Diet is typically the same during the weekend except I remove the shakes. That's my pretty general diet. Obviously I have splurge days here and there but 90-95% of the time, my diet is very clean.

Perhaps a little background on me is that when I was in 8th grade I weighed 255 at 5'6, now I weigh 195 at 5'10. Just I am struggling very hard with the final few pounds. Its been nearly 2 months since Ive seen legitimate change in terms of fat loss.

U have to much sugar in ur diet from one from what I can see. How many calories are u eating a day? What's ur macro split? Unless u r one of those people that can eat whatever and not gain an ounce of fat(which ur not, nor am I anymore) then u really have to track ur diet, down to the T.

After we sort ur diet down we can get into workout routine. Also could have a huge impact.

Would changing 2 percent to skim help in that matter? And I try to keep my calorie in-take around 2000 a day. Things to consider about me is that I'm a college kid, therefore I am on a college budget. What are changes in the diet that you personally would change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill36907
    Would changing 2 percent to skim help in that matter? And I try to keep my calorie in-take around 2000 a day. Things to consider about me is that I'm a college kid, therefore I am on a college budget. What are changes in the diet that you personally would change?
    Once u get around 12-15% progress starts to slow down and u really have to buckle down. I switched from milk to natural unsweetened almond milk. Doesn't taste near as good but cuts out bout 8 grams of sugar per serving. Skim, 2%, whole all have around the same sugar. Just diff fat content.

As far as $$$ chicken and tuna is relatively cheap. I'd switch to oats in the morning and egg whites, both fairly cheap. I drink my breakfast. 1/2 cup oats, 4oz egg whites, scoop of whey.

The changes I would make if I were u is to get a structure in ur diet. What ur eating and when ur eating it. Make it work for ur schedule. I work a lot (100 hours a week on average) and have to overcome many obstacles. It's not easy but can be done! First step would b WHEN can u eat? 5-6 times a day.

I have a very routine schedule with work and school. It is the exact same every single day, so I usually get in around 4-5 meals a day.

Would you also avoid fruit, or drinks such as v8 drinks? I know they have high sugar content, but was under the impression it was natural sugar instead of processed sugar though, I could see how v8 may have some unnatural sugar in it. I feel like just about everything aside from the high sugar content is in check. Just getting frustrated with minimal results lol.

I keep my cardio around 25 minutes a day, as well as working out 2 muscle groups per day (monday-friday) i usually just don't exercise at all on the weekends though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill36907
    I have a very routine schedule with work and school. It is the exact same every single day, so I usually get in around 4-5 meals a day.

Would you also avoid fruit, or drinks such as v8 drinks? I know they have high sugar content, but was under the impression it was natural sugar instead of processed sugar though, I could see how v8 may have some unnatural sugar in it. I feel like just about everything aside from the high sugar content is in check. Just getting frustrated with minimal results lol.

I keep my cardio around 25 minutes a day, as well as working out 2 muscle groups per day (monday-friday) i usually just don't exercise at all on the weekends though.
    U want to stay away from sugar as much as possible. Sugar natural or artificial is a carb. During cutting I limit my carbs to breakfast, preworkout and postworkout. All complex carbs like oats, rice, sweet potatoes etc. stay away from all juices. When u intake sugar it spikes insulin . Insulin carries the sugar to ur muscle cells until ur glycogen stores are full. Then stores it away as fat. All carbs r broken into sugar. If u eat complex carbs its released into the blood slower instead of all at once with simple carbs like sugar. As u go through ur day using energy the glycogen stores deplete. Hence eating it for breakfast(glycogen stores deplete even while sleeping), refueling ur stores. By the time workout rolls around. They have been slightly depleted again. Eat complex carbs 1-2 hours prior. Hit the gym with ful stores. After ur workout ur stores have been depleted again. Carbs after refuel them. Keeping ur glycogen stores full give u energy to grow muscle, but u don't want a surplus (stored as fat).

Also lypolysis doesn't start till after about 20 minutes of ur heart rate being bout 65% of max heart rate.

Lets see ur proposed diet plan with macros. Diet will most certainly get u over this hump!

Gamble32jn is offline Junior Member
    off the subject but its cool to see how everyone chips in a hand here to help someone out. Not many places do you see people take time outta their day to help people anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble32jn
    off the subject but its cool to see how everyone chips in a hand here to help someone out. Not many places do you see people take time outta their day to help people anymore.
    What is knowledge if you can't share it?! I believe most will agree that we just ask that people listen, learn (from it and reading), and share the info accurately as all it does is spread the sport and keeps people healthy!

Gamble32jn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    What is knowledge if you can't share it?! I believe most will agree that we just ask that people listen, learn (from it and reading), and share the info accurately as all it does is spread the sport and keeps people healthy!
    Couldnt have put it any better myself.

Thanks alot! I know who I'll be asking for help from now on.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Cut out your dairy and sugars. Dairy is high in sugar even if you choose 0% fat. And increase your cardio for those last few pounds.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Depends on how much "fruit" you are eating between for snacks. Alot of sugar is not good if trying to lose the "stubborn" fat.

Thread Information