Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member

Question What kind of alcohol do I use for cleaning the injection site?

In the article I found which covers how to inject it says I must use alcohol but what kind of alcohol do you use, does it mean like some kind of medical alcohol or just vodka?

It says this in the article I have in 3 sections, I've copied and pasted the sentences from the article here:

Wipe the top of the vial with an alcohol swab before the needle enters - do this every time you pull the bottle out from storage (do not blow on the top of the vial. Let the alcohol evaporate)
    *Clean the site with alcohol and you are ready to inject
    When you have completed this, wait a few seconds and then pull out and take your alcohol swab and firmly press down and massage the site to make sure everything stays in the muscle and the massage will also prevent soreness in the morning. You may bleed just a little bit, so it helps to tape the alcohol soaked cotton ball to your injection site.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Christopher_UK; 08-06-2011 at 10:44 AM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    vodka? Seriously?
    rubbing alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    vodka? Seriously?
    rubbing alcohol.
    Well in the movies, when someone gets shot, or when a doctor doesnt have his kit, they use alcohol, like vodka/whiskey...I'm sure humans have used alcohol like that to stop infections for hundreds or maybe thousands of years...so yeah I was being serious ! lol

I'll do a search online for rubbing alcohol then and see where I can buy it, thanks.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Dude...you buy rubbing alcohol at any grocery/drug/general store...or the "shops" as you would say over there.

Chris you are making things harder then they have to be for yourself. Glad to see someone doing research but damn

stpete is offline Banned
    hahaha...Vodka.

Dude, just regular rubbing like mentioned. Maybe you need to do more research on steroids before you hurt yourself.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    There is a special place for threads like this in the lounge ....

I think you guys are being over critical, I posted because I didnt know, therefore asking questions and doing research...am starting to get this vibe on this website like people just like taking the piss because they know it all...starting to get annoying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_UK View Post
    I think you guys are being over critical, I posted because I didnt know, therefore asking questions and doing research...am starting to get this vibe on this website like people just like taking the piss because they know it all...starting to get annoying now.
    dude it was a funny question. And it was answered

Yes we joke around too. Relax

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Oh lighten up...if u cant laugh at yourself who can u laugh at. I mean gimme an f ing break...you have never been to the doc and got a shot? Did he pull out a fvcking fifth of stolle and wipe your arm with it first? Relax...go get some isopropyl rubbing alcohol ....and be sure to take an anti estrogen....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Oh lighten up...if u cant laugh at yourself who can u laugh at. I mean gimme an f ing break...you have never been to the doc and got a shot? Did he pull out a fvcking fifth of stolle and wipe your arm with it first? Relax...go get some isopropyl rubbing alcohol ....and be sure to take an anti estrogen....
    Actually no I've never had any shots at doctors, we have injections at school when we kids.

I dont know what stolle is either, and I've never heard of isoprpyl rubbing alcohol, and I'm not sure what an anti-estrogen is either but I think you were joking there.

darkcrayz is offline Member
    rubbing alcohol.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Dude I know the vibe around here and honestly no1 is taking the piss....

It is knind of funny to us because as you say we know it... But obviously for you as a complete noob to the AAS' your going to ask questions... Some of which are really simple..

My advise is to keep researching and when you have a question try and get the answer using the search function or google before starting a thread.

My favourite way of searching on his site is.... go on google and type some key words, in this case 'alcohol pre injection' and then end with 'Anabolic review forum'.....

Thats the most successful way for me
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Well in the movies, when someone gets shot, or when a doctor doesnt have his kit, they use alcohol, like vodka/whiskey...I'm sure humans have used alcohol like that to stop infections for hundreds or maybe thousands of years...so yeah I was being serious ! lol

I'll do a search online for rubbing alcohol then and see where I can buy it, thanks.
    You can buy them from Tesco's, very cheap...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You can buy them from Tesco's, very cheap...
    Didnt know that.... Amusing u mean alcohol wipes

Im sorted tho.... Our man sorted me out with 200
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Didnt know that.... Amusing u mean alcohol wipes

Im sorted tho.... Our man sorted me out with 200
    Yeah they do sell them in all the big supermarkets thats where i used to get mine from, until our boy Gary came along lol.....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer

So you've really never used rubbing alcohol on cuts or anything? Odd...

And the reason why you wouldn't want to use rubbing alcohol for surgery is that it is toxic and only a few ounces will poison your liver and kill you (it is metabolized to acetone in the liver).
    However, it is dirt cheap and highly concentrated (sold as 70% or 91%), so it makes a good topical disinfectant.

R1Guy is offline New Member
    Get a bathtub of everclear(190 proof). Soak fully submerged for 15 minutes.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I'd use some vodka, you cant drink rubbing alcohol after the shot...

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Just use Budweiser on it. You don't want to waste the good stuff on it.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Just use Budweiser on it. You don't want to waste the good stuff on it.
    Damn you beat me to it.

Maybe when he was little they couldn't afford alcohol or any disinfectant so his momma only kissed it to make it better. That's the answer, call momma over to kiss it before or after you inject.

I can tell this one is going to be fun. Has anyone done an age verification yet? I'm guessing it's a good thing he isnt using Vodka since you would have to be 21 to purchase it and not for rubbing alcohol.

I apologise about my reply yesterday, when I woke up yesterday I was seriously depressed and feeling angry at the same time....not making excuses but thats the truth, I usually get one of those days every now and again, I think its because I'm cutting, sometimes the chemicals in my head or whatever, it gets all messed in and I have bad days where I feel depressed and angry at the same time...yesterday was defo one of those days for me.

Thanks for your replies anyways. Feeling much better today!!

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Damn you beat me to it.

Maybe when he was little they couldn't afford alcohol or any disinfectant so his momma only kissed it to make it better. That's the answer, call momma over to kiss it before or after you inject.

I can tell this one is going to be fun. Has anyone done an age verification yet? I'm guessing it's a good thing he isnt using Vodka since you would have to be 21 to purchase it and not for rubbing alcohol.

18 in the UK lovbyts!!

I use tequila, the worm is like a free swab

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I apologise about my reply yesterday, when I woke up yesterday I was seriously depressed and feeling angry at the same time....not making excuses but thats the truth, I usually get one of those days every now and again, I think its because I'm cutting, sometimes the chemicals in my head or whatever, it gets all messed in and I have bad days where I feel depressed and angry at the same time...yesterday was defo one of those days for me.

We all have those days, some of us more than others. As you see we dont let much get past us when it comes to giving someone a hard time.

BTW, random question but howcome some peoples avatar's are bigger then others? Just curious, I wouldn't mind mine been a tiny bit bigger.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    BTW, random question but howcome some peoples avatar's are bigger then others? Just curious, I wouldn't mind mine been a tiny bit bigger.
    That's because they are staff members here.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!

Are these the naturally occurring chemicals? or are you using other sbstances ?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Chemicals in your head? You have some diagnosed chemical imbalances?

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    I only use grey goose. Nothing but top shelf.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    a cheap ball of cotton and regular rubbing alcohol.

Thread Information