JP1570 is offline Senior Member

Anybody know where I'm coming from

Over the past 5 months, due to an injury and illness, I've lost a solid 20 pounds. I've especially lost a lot in my back and chest. If anything, I've gained some bodyfat because I haven't been in the gym until yesterday. I'm back now though and I'm starting a pretty good cycle soon.

Here's the deal: Recently, when I've seen some of my girl friends out, they've told me how much better they think I look since I lost so much weight. I look leaner now because my chest etc... are so much smaller than they were. I seem to be doing much better with the girls too, which is always important.

So, next cycle, I'm trying to gain mass only in my bi's, tri's, and shoulders, and sticking to high reps for quads, chest, back, and especially traps (I like having a kneck). Anybody else ever attempt anything like this??
    Am I a traitor to the BB community for caring more what women think??

Any opinions on how to best accomplish this task??

Any comments from women are always appreciated too.

tolinka is offline Senior Member

Re: Anybody know where I'm coming from

Originally posted by JP1570
    Over the past 5 months, due to an injury and illness, I've lost a solid 20 pounds. I've especially lost a lot in my back and chest. If anything, I've gained some bodyfat because I haven't been in the gym until yesterday. I'm back now though and I'm starting a pretty good cycle soon.

Here's the deal: Recently, when I've seen some of my girl friends out, they've told me how much better they think I look since I lost so much weight. I look leaner now because my chest etc... are so much smaller than they were. I seem to be doing much better with the girls too, which is always important.

So, next cycle, I'm trying to gain mass only in my bi's, tri's, and shoulders, and sticking to high reps for quads, chest, back, and especially traps (I like having a kneck). Anybody else ever attempt anything like this??
    Am I a traitor to the BB community for caring more what women think??

Any opinions on how to best accomplish this task??

Any comments from women are always appreciated too.
    TRAITOR!!! How dare you? BRAD PITT WANNA BE!

Alright, so not that skinny, but I wouldn't mind coming home to Jennifer Anniston everyday.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Bro do whatever makes you happy.. Personally I love being big (not fat like I am now but..) I want to be a big guy...eventually 6'2 260 @ 8% b/f and that will be my ultimate goal. Girls usually get into me b/c of looks and follow through with true interest after they get to know me. I seem to never have a problem with getting girls and have had a fair share having the bodyfat that I do..(24% according to MadMax and 19% according to Decoder) If it is girls that you desire then do whatever you have to do to get them, if that means not being huge then dont be...just do your thing and do what you have to do....but...when I was at my biggest and leanest 297 @ 17% was the same summer that I was with 75 different girls(not all sexually mind you) The 75 include dating, going out, making out, sex, foreplay, ect. ect. ect.... atleast one of those criteria. So I believe once im huge and lean i wont have a problem at all if i can run game while being almost 300 pounds

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by JP1570

Alright, so not that skinny, but I wouldn't mind coming home to Jennifer Anniston everyday.
    Ummmm Jennie.....

But no bro I dont have anything agains it.... But some bro's will give you a hard time on it!

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Hey JP1570 I know exactly where U are coming from bro. I chipped a bone in my ankle (painful as F*) while playing ball and was forced out of the Gym for 3 months.... I've lost a solild 15-17 pounds of muscle and gained a little something in the mid section. --- Like U I have lost width in my back and my chest has flattened down... Everyone is like U look soo much smaller yet soo much better.
    -- I think I look like shit (compared to what I was before) but thats contrary to popular opinion.
    I thougght about doing the same thing as u (focusing on building onlyu certain areas) but then I thought - fuck it I wanna be a freak

My advice: Do what ever makes U happy bro... Its your body why sarifice it to make someone else happy?
    Last edited by ECKO 747; 03-27-2003 at 03:58 AM.

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    FKITLETSGO... 292 pounds, 17% BF @ 6'2----- DAMMMMMMM
    Thats Fuck'n HUGE Bro. I got up to 260, 18.5% BF @ 6'2 and I thought that I was gettin to large... U must drive an SUV, Cause I know there is no way you'd fit into anything less than a Full size Sedan with the Doors sawed of and a suped up suspension system .... Damn bro I wanna be just like that!

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Actually I think I have really heavy bones... I had 54 inch chest but arms were only tad over 18''..(small small) Oh yea my heaviest was 297 not 292 lol haha......But yea I was heavy and not too too too high of bodyfat....actually I enjoyed being the weight and bodyfat that I was...I thought it complimented my physique....I believe im different from other people in the sense that my bodyfat holds different then others...for instance I believe that If I were to be 8% bodyfat I could honestly compete without looking too fat....before my first cycle (which I achieved 297 lbs at) I was a big guy still but my bodyfat was 14% and personally I like the way I feel more when im 17%...Of course now im not 17% so a journey is coming.....But this time instead of stopping at 14% when cuttting im going to just keep going till I get down to 10-8

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    brpo u need to do shot for ur self firt then aveeryone else ,if u like beeing big ,for u then do that if u like beeing lean for u and u aonlythen thats cool not cause someones else tells u too ,my gitl keeps telling me ohh ur too big this and that i feel like smackin her in the mouth ,if u cant compliment me on my hard work then shut the fuck up!also crankin out 12 reps with 110 lbs dumbells is a good thing also .

Originally posted by FKITLETSGO
    Bro do whatever makes you happy.. Personally I love being big (not fat like I am now but..) I want to be a big guy...eventually 6'2 260 @ 8% b/f and that will be my ultimate goal. Girls usually get into me b/c of looks and follow through with true interest after they get to know me. I seem to never have a problem with getting girls and have had a fair share having the bodyfat that I do..(24% according to MadMax and 19% according to Decoder) If it is girls that you desire then do whatever you have to do to get them, if that means not being huge then dont be...just do your thing and do what you have to do....but...when I was at my biggest and leanest 297 @ 17% was the same summer that I was with 75 different girls(not all sexually mind you) The 75 include dating, going out, making out, sex, foreplay, ect. ect. ect.... atleast one of those criteria. So I believe once im huge and lean i wont have a problem at all if i can run game while being almost 300 pounds
    I guess what really makes me happy is being attractive to the opposite sex. My face gets bloated really easily when I'm not dieting hard and I don't seem to do as well with the ladies. Maybe it's a mental thing, but I guess I'm gonna stick with my plan - big bi's, small chest.

Originally posted by ECKO 747
    Hey JP1570 I know exactly where U are coming from bro. I chipped a bone in my ankle (painful as F*) while playing ball and was forced out of the Gym for 3 months.... I've lost a solild 15-17 pounds of muscle and gained a little something in the mid section. --- Like U I have lost width in my back and my chest has flattened down... Everyone is like U look soo much smaller yet soo much better.
    -- I think I look like shit (compared to what I was before) but thats contrary to popular opinion.
    I thougght about doing the same thing as u (focusing on building onlyu certain areas) but then I thought - fuck it I wanna be a freak

My advice: Do what ever makes U happy bro... Its your body why sarifice it to make someone else happy?
    Thanks for the advice bro. Like I said, I guess I'll stick with my original plan. Once I get back on cycle though, plans may have to change

Originally posted by big N
    brpo u need to do shot for ur self firt then aveeryone else ,if u like beeing big ,for u then do that if u like beeing lean for u and u aonlythen thats cool not cause someones else tells u too ,my gitl keeps telling me ohh ur too big this and that i feel like smackin her in the mouth ,if u cant compliment me on my hard work then shut the fuck up!also crankin out 12 reps with 110 lbs dumbells is a good thing also .
    I know ya'll are right, but I think I'm gonna stick to my aforementioned approach. Once that test starts running through me again though, there's no telling what I'll do.

FlannelFace is offline New Member

wait a second...

I had girls tell me I looked much better too when I dropped about 15 pounds post cycle (kept 15). I think the majority of them thought I was on steroids and were only telling me that to dissuade me from going back on. However, some girls just aren't into big guys with no necks... but I think all of them love definition.

My 2 cents.
    (how come it's a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your 2 cents in? someone's making a penny...)

Face

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    I feel you. I was in great shape in high school - wrestled and ran constantly. Had natural size, which was traded in for fat post high school. That came from inactivity and contiuous eating. I needed 4-6k cals a day to support my crazy active life. Post high school I gained 45-50lbs cuz I kept eating - didn't do a thing. So I had a slide backwards with the girls - actually with the hoes/sluts - whatever you want to call them, cuz real girls don't care to much about that stuff. Anyways, I then got back into things by running and dieting - lost alot of weight over 5 months. Was lean but weak as hell. I would say most of my muscle was burnt by the cardio and lack of resistance training while diet/cradio was inplace. So I went from 6'2 260 to 6'2 190. Not good - but girls seemed to like it more. But then again - I believe I might know the reason. Girls always want to be smaller. Tall girls don't like to be tall. Short girls want to weigh less. I think girls think smaller is better when looking at a person from a distance. So when you got smaller they said wow - nice change. I also made the comment about a month ago on warriors cutting thread about adding 20-25lbs on a cycle - some will notice and those that did might think you get fat. That is if they see you with your clothes on. If you lose 5-10lbs and get more definition in your face/neck - they see right way a change and say - wow - you look great. Girls see things different then guys. I think guys - most guys want larger size - bigger arms - bigger chest - bigger traps. I think the best of both worlds is what you should shoot for. I am currently shooting for that, and not for girls but for myself. I want to find a new starting point. I am 6'2 about 229lbs on cycle now. I want to end around 210-215 - vascular and ripped. I then want to try and keep my bf sub 9% and add qaulity muscle. I want to try and keep adding lbm steadily but not quickly. When I add alot of weight - deca /test - I want to cut the few lbs of fat and bloat and I run off some muscle. I still end up gaining and keeping 12-13 "good lbs" but put my body through alot - ie, add 25 to keep 12. This is getting long - but I agree with your idea that others see things differently. I would suggest you do what makes you happy. You want to be super lean. Become a triathlet - swim/run/bike. If you want to get big - lift/aas/lift. I think you should shoot for lean quailty gains. I would not over train arms over chest/back. It is all a system that needs to stay equal. And don't for get your wheels.

Thread Information