Thread: Androgel

steve1 is offline Junior Member

Androgel

I have got a prescrip for androgel because i have low test.

I know this is only going to bring up my test levels to "normal" but I am not sure if I want to take this long term as it is rubbed in daily and not cycled.

I am starting 5 gram pack a day( comes in 5,7.5, 10grams)which is 50mg daily but obviosly 50mg is not what is absorbed its prrly more like 5-10mg daily.

Anyways I dont know if I should do this and risk being on it long term or just cycle gear myself , as it is not makin my life miserable but it is starting to bother me.

And androgel is expensive to buy (although i have a drug plan to cover me) Its $5 for 1 pack daily . So in a month thats $150! I am worried that if i one day I dont have a plan that I will be royally fucked as I will be dependent on it.

So cycle the gear my self and use higher doses for anabloic effect or use androgel or use the two in combination of some sort???

superjew is offline Associate Member
    I know some guys that are on hormone replacement therapy as well. Though most of them are on 200mgs. test cyp. a week. That seems a hell of alot cheaper then the Androgel , which I've read has almost no use to an athlete. I would recommend staying on your HRT, you are obviously on it for a reason. Though maybe discuss a cheaper option with your doctor, such as test injections. Any AAS you use should be in addition to this, and the HRT shouldn't be stopped when you cycle off the juice.

Thanx for the reply

yes, i heard pple get injects but nowadays they favour androgel and insist u take that .PPle who have been on injects they tend not to change there routine if its going well.

My drug plan covers the androgel so no worries right now.

U suggested continung HRT,while on and off the gear, the problem is first of all u dont need HRT when on gear cause your test levels should already be above and beyond normal and second of all the thing about this whole issue is once your on HRt, your on it for life as eventually your body will completly stop producing test and you will over time beocome sterile.

So this is the dilema i am facing,any other suggestions would be appreciated.I really dont know how to go about this.

superjew is offline Associate Member
    I'm really not sure what your concerns are. Is it the possibility of becoming sterile? If so, discuss that issue with your doctor. I'm sure he can give you more info. on that matter then most people on these boards. I'm surprised your doctor didn't discuss all these issues with you. Be open with him about your concerns, he can't help you if he doesn't know your worries.

jersey juice is offline Member
    I'm on androgel too, my doc put me on HRT, best part about it is it costs me $30 everytime I refill my script which comes out to $1 a pack and when I cycle and then stop I don't have to worry about clomid cause I still got my script so I NEVER lose any gains but water retention LOL! I don't understand what your trying to say, but I get my blood tested every 3 months. I tried to get on cyp, but I actually think this stuff is very comparable to suspension. Supposedly your levels drop after 6 hours so right now I rub it on in the morning & then do a shot of prop at night. I've been on it for 5 months now and I throw in some clomid every now & then just to impress the ladies when I bust, but my nuts are still there so atrophy isn't really a major problem either & yea the doc checks that too...

OK the problem

The problem is once your on any HRT, your pretty much on it for life!, As it will most likely completly shut down your test production.

Androgel isnt cycled it is rubbed in daily for ever if u continuie that type of therapy.

And jersey , ya your nuts arent gonna shrink, cause your rubbing in androgel and giving your body continous test after your cycle so your body will always have enuff test.Its like those pple who are on roids all year long.

The thing is once your on androgel u gotta be on it for life or another form of test. I dont know if i want to do that cause my test is just lOW not really low.

Ive discuused all the options with my doc and the possbiiity of becoming sterile after long term use and its all just calculated risk.

Thread Information