lifter405 is offline Junior Member

im worried, first cycle and pulse rate is sky high

hey bros, i started my first cycle about 3 weeks ago,30mg dbol ed and test enan at 500mg. im worried because my resting pulse rate is about 104 beats per minute. i was just sitting watching tv and decided to check my pulse. should i go to a doctor? help me out guys... i don't think this is normal.

Slypknot is offline Member
    Mine was elevated as well as my blood pressure. I think it's pretty normal as the AS tends to thicken the blood. Unless you've tracked your resting heart rate for a while it's hard to tell just HOW MUCH it's increased for you....

But if you're seriously concerned there's nothing wrong with dropping into the doc's office.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Get your blood pressure taken asap.

Are you running any L-dex with this cycle?
    The dbol and test will have you holding water live a mofo which will escalate your blood pressure.

D

im taking nolvas right now, no liquidex. i really don't think i am holding too much water yet. my face isn't bloated very bad or anything. at what blood pressure should i be worried at? systolic and diastolic?

still growin is offline Member
    The bros are right. check your blood pressure, that is what you should be worried about. 104 is on the high side for a resting pulse, but nothing to be alarmed about. Everyone is different, and as with most things, there is a normal "range" your pulse should be in. My freinds have taken their pulse before (on drugs) and been over 170 bpm. That is high, and should cause alarm. I would monitor blood pressure, and if your pulse rate bothers you, go see a doc. Also, check in a few places. Your neck, wrist and if your bf is low enough, you can actually feel your heart rate by holding your hand on your chest.

yeah its not like my pulse is bothering me physically, i can't feel my heart beating or anything. i just checked it and it was a lot faster than normal (normal for me being about 65-70). i guess i am just paranoid since it's my first cycle and i didn't know exactly what to expect. i will go get the blood pressure checked at safeway or something on one of those machines.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    d-bol does provide CNS stimulating effects as well as test to some degree. It can be really pronounced on first cycles and may seem to adjust with following cycles. If you are only running d-bol for 3-4 weeks, it may not be too much to worry about unless you are symptomatic. But you wont want it elevated like this for longer. Cut out all other CNS stimulating drugs if you haven't already. Monitor your pulse and BP daily to see where you stand. If your arms are > 18 inches, you will want to be sure to use an adult XL cuff cuz the smaller ones can give false-high readings. The bladder of the cuff should encompass at least 80 % of the arm. Most of the machines you use at the supermarts etc., are not designed for large arms. So just be aware of this if you are trying to get accurate readings. I am pretty sure it will go back down when you stop the d-bol.

cal565 is offline Junior Member
    Ok I'm in college and majoring in a health care field. 107 for a resting pulse is high, depending on your age. The normal resting pulse is 50 to 100 a minute. I would take my blood pressure also if I were you. Any Systolic pressure over 139 is high and any diastolic pressure over 89 is high. Just check it out to make sure man.

Thread Information