peewee8234 is offline New Member

infections from needles, what type of infrctions can occur?

I injected myself on monday morning, and by tuesday I had a sore hip and sore groin. It was on the same side where i injected and there was a small lump, which was in the groin area but a little higher. I thought at first it was a hernia since I was doing heavy weight (back) on monday night. Doc said it dosent feel like a hernia, maybe a muscle pull.
    I started to think about it and thought it might be a infection?
    Doc took urine though and said I had no infection, but I never said I was taking roids. Does anyone know if a infection can start this way?/?
    Thanks

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    How many injections have you took so far, is this your first injection?

No, I am finishing my third week.

9 so far, 3 a week.

mammoth is offline Member
    It is common to have a lump in some areas that you inject in. I have gotten lumps in the groin area right in the crevice and I had it checked and my doctor verified that it was just a calcium deposit. Unless you see red streaks or unless you start running a temperature I wouldn't worry, although next time I would inform your doctor. Most of the time they will just slap you on the wrist.

Make sure you change glutes, there can be a large amount of scar tissue buildup, which can cause a lump, I have taken injections with a 21 guage inch and 1/2 needle that left my ass so sore the next day I could hardley sit down. Is there pain in the lump of the groin when you move, can you push in back in, did your doctor check for a hernia? give me more info, do you feel sick or feverish?

thats where its at exactly, in the crevace, but it is sore. Was yours?
    How long did it take to go down, or soreness go away?
    Yo, thanks very much for taking the time.

Yeah it was a little sore but you can make it worse by messing with it. It goes away in time.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by mammoth
    Yeah it was a little sore but you can make it worse by messing with it. It goes away in time.
    Agreed, I freaked out once and thought I had gyno, turns out after not probing the area every 2 mins the pain went away.

Pain

I injected in the butt, my first shot of the week, this being the third week. The next day I felt sore in the crevice of the leg, not were your penis starts, but higher up, right where you put your hand in your pocket if you had on pants. there is a small lump, feels like a something swollen, like a muscle swollen, because i can feel the same thing on my other leg, but there is no hurting or swelling. today though, my hip is going down to the spot where i am talking about is sore.
    At first the doc said it might be a hernia, but felt the lump and said feels like a lymph node (if I was sick a node would come out). he took urine and said there was no infection. Would a infection from steroids come up?
    I didnt realize it could be a infection until after I started doing some real thinking. Its not painful, just sore.
    Doc said it might be a muscle pull.

Would a calcium deposit be sore too>?>

any ideas? I am a WORRYWORT......I am gonna probably lose my hair from worrying about this more than from the steroids...

Bro, if you are so worried then go to the doctor again and be truthful with him. Tell him you injected some gear.

Make sure you rub your ass down with rubbing alchohol on the injection site, take a cotton ball with alchohol and rub the needle thouroughly with it as well as the top of the vial, (unless it is an amp) DO NOT REUSE NEEDLES!!!!! This is your best means of preventing infection, also try not to put more than 2 or 3 ccs of steriod in one injection site at a time, doing that always seemed to make me more sore.

Is there anything I can do now, if it is a infection? Will it get better?? I know to watch to make sure it dosent get worse, but do they sometimes go away?

Yup, thats what I AM gonna do, I will wait til monday, hopefully it will go down. thanks

If it gets any worse, go to the doctor, especially if you start to run a temperature, tell him your takin some juice, like most doctors he will lecture you and tell you to get off, do not worry about legal problems going to the doctor, besides it is better to get a lecture than to get Gangrene

good advice, thanks for your time.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I inject just in the glutes (going on 4th week) and I really haven't experienced any pain...I'm injecting with a 22gauge 1" needle....

Thread Information