jersey juice is offline Member

Just so I know for the future to ask my doc

What kind of medical blood test could I ask my doc to do after my next cycle is over?? I'm gonna be doing alot of stuff including winny, fina, test & dbol ..of course broken up....but I'm gonna want to check my liver values, test levels (after clomid of course) and all the other good stuff that goes with it. I know there has to be a name for this kind of test. Thanks guys

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool The List

Originally posted by jersey juice
    What kind of medical blood test could I ask my doc to do after my next cycle is over??
    Great question, jersey.

The short list: Total testosterone (if you're using test), comprehensive metabolic panel ("CMP"), lipid panel, hemoglobin, hematocrit, and prostate specific antigen ("PSA").

We've had the opportunity to address this a few times in recent weeks, so . . .

Go to the search function at the top of this screen and do a search on the term "lipid panel" (include the quotation marks). That will lead you to a few threads in which I've discussed this very question and described the various tests, why you should have them done, and the need to ask for copies of your lab reports to monitor your effects.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    I just asks for test levles and liver value tests. Simple as that...

REM
    REM is offline Member
    my doc recommended me
    it,s call liver function test,
    includes 5 different test in 1.
    is good to do 1 before and 1 after the cycle,
    this way you start and end clean and no need to
    worry. this is good for everyone specially those
    who hit hardcore juice you know, keep it in mind
    you may need it later..

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by REM
    my doc recommended me
    it,s call liver function test . . .
    is good to do 1 before and 1 after the cycle,
    this way you start and end clean and no need to
    worry.
    A-ha, a little elaboration might be in order since I usually recommend the Comprehensive Metabolic Panel as one of the key tests for AS users . ..

The CMP is actually a combination of two tests: The Hepatic Function Panel (which is what your doctor recommended) and the Basic Metabolic Panel (same type, but more for the kidneys).

(For those who haven't taken anatomy, the word hepatic refers to the liver, and the word renal refers to the kidneys.)

The Hepatic Function Panel actually consists of seven different analyses: Albumin, Total Bilirubin, Direct Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Asparte Aminotransferase, Alanine Aminotransferase, and Total Protein.

The Basic Metabolic Panel consists of eight different tests: Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Glucose, Blood Urea Nitrogen ("BUN"), and Creatinine.

(Lest we get too complicated, you can, from a practical level, think of the first as the liver list, and the second as the kidney list.)

The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel consists of 14 different tests - all of the above except for the Direct Bilirubin.

So why do I recommend the CMP as opposed to just the hepatic (liver) panel? Because some AS can have an impact on the kidneys as well as the liver. You only have to get stuck for one tube of blood on any of the three tests, so if your insurance pays for it, you might as well get the big picture (liver and kidneys) instead of part of the picture.

In other words, if your doctor will approve it, ask for the CMP. You'll still get the liver function panel, plus all of the other cool stuff.

Incidentally, I agree with your doc about the timing of the tests. The pre-cycle test gives you a "normal baseline" (it tells you what your various levels are when you're not on AS), and the post-cycle tests will tell you how the cycle affected those levels. If you have any out-of-normal-range readings before the cycle, you will have a more accurate picture at the end of the cycle. Therefore, the idea is not just to get an indication of how whacked any readings are after your cycle, but to establish what your normal readings are beforehand so you have a more accurate comparison.
    Last edited by TNT; 11-29-2001 at 05:01 PM.

REM
    REM is offline Member
    Originally posted by TNT
    A-ha, a little elaboration might be in order since I usually recommend the Comprehensive Metabolic Panel as one of the key tests for AS users . ..

The CMP is actually a combination of two tests: The Hepatic Function Panel (which is what your doctor recommended) and the Basic Metabolic Panel (same type, but more for the kidneys).

(For those who haven't taken anatomy, the word hepatic refers to the liver, and the word renal refers to the kidneys.)

The Hepatic Function Panel actually consists of seven different analyses: Albumin, Total Bilirubin, Direct Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Asparte Aminotransferase, Alanine Aminotransferase, and Total Protein.

The Basic Metabolic Panel consists of eight different tests: Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide, Glucose, Blood Urea Nitrogen ("BUN"), and Creatinine.

(Lest we get too complicated, you can, from a practical level, think of the first as the liver list, and the second as the kidney list.)

The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel consists of 14 different tests - all of the above except for the Direct Bilirubin.

So why do I recommend the CMP as opposed to just the hepatic (liver) panel? Because some AS can have an impact on the kidneys as well as the liver. You only have to get stuck for one tube of blood on any of the three tests, so if your insurance pays for it, you might as well get the big picture (liver and kidneys) instead of part of the picture.

In other words, if your doctor will approve it, ask for the CMP. You'll still get the liver function panel, plus all of the other cool stuff.

Incidentally, I agree with your doc about the timing of the tests. The pre-cycle test gives you a "normal baseline" (it tells you what your various levels are when you're not on AS), and the post-cycle tests will tell you how the cycle affected those levels. If you have any out-of-normal-range readings before the cycle, you will have a more accurate picture at the end of the cycle. Therefore, the idea is not just to get an indication of how whacked any readings are after your cycle, but to establish what your normal readings are beforehand so you have a more accurate comparison.
    nice PM TNT well explained too, i,m learning
    thanks for the extra info....

Thread Information