zmatalucci is offline Associate Member

Wellbutrin? Help!!

Ok, I went to my doctor the other day. I need to quit smoking,,it's been killing me for years.So I asked him to put me on medication to help me quit. What he prescribed is actually considered an anti-depressant(wellbutrin 150mg), I guess it helps you forget about your sudden urges for nicotine. Anyway, I was wondering if there is anybody on this board with experience in drug interactions? I'm currently taking Fina,ethanate,cytomel ... Do you see any possible interactions or negative side effects? Or should I just save the script for after my cycle?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I think I have heard of this stuff. My uncle took it I think. I am not totally sure if there will be any negitive interactions. If you trust your doc, ask him stright up what will happen.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    You got nothing to worry about. Just don't drink.

Wellbutrin is an SSRI which I havn't experienced any interactions with AAS. I doubt you will have any problems, but might as well ask your doctor instead of taking chances.

bradbuck is offline New Member
    Wellbutrin does not effect the serotonin levels. It works by increaseing the dopamine levels. It is some times used to increase sexual desire as well as stop smoking and to help with depression. I have used it while cycleing and had no sides.

Haliaz is offline New Member
    I take Wellbutrin CR which is time released and you really don't feel any different. i am taking GH, Test CYP, EQ and Fina and everything is great for me. Last time I went to the Dr all was great also. And I drink some one the weekends but only when trying to bulk.

grabagear is offline Junior Member
    i also just startedd takin wellbutrin(the time released one) for depression. well not really depressed just blah. ya know. anyway i smoked for 8 years and after 2 weeks on wellbutrine i just quit. and its been 2 weeks since i have had one! its awesome! and yeah next cycle is in may.
    good luck bro

zmatalucci is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for all the help!! (grabagear) ,, I wish you well ,and congratulate you on your accomplishment. I will start the pills on Monday,, hopefully I quit smoking,,it's really messing me up in the gym.
    Thanks

BlocRoc is offline Member
    I was on wellbutrin after I was taken of Zoloft (which has sexual side effects) for depression.

Ultimately I decided to go off all the anti depressants....I didnt like KNOWING that the OK feeling was FAKE.

My recommedation is to use a transdermal nicotine patch, if you cant quit COLD TURKEY (call yourself a PUSSY in the mirror every time you want a smoke, thats what I did)........

I definitely would not use Wellbutrin JUST to help with quitting smoking.

My opinion is that you most likely dont want to quit smoking, or you wouldnt be resorting to using drugs to quit.

When I finally decided to quit, it was overnight. Sure I gained some weight and my diet got screwed, but I did quit.....If you're not serious about quitting without help, you'll never quit, only supress the urges.

I'll get off the soapbox now.......Just my opinions.

L8

joe_capone is offline Member
    IF YOU BROTHAS THINK YOU ARE REAL MEN... TRY TAKING ZYBAN TO QUIT SMOKING looooooool when i was on zyban i thought i was going to die. its potent man sheet!!

FinaLover is offline Member
    capone, i have not seen a good post from you yet, check your info

Thread Information