Todd the truth is offline Associate Member

Arimidex vs Nolvadex

I'm pretty far away from cycle but hopefully some confusion could be cleared up. I understand that you don't want side-effects from estrogen during cycle or during PCT.
    I also understand that Arimidex prevents estrogen formation, and Nolvadex blocks estrogen receptors. I see a lot of people giving advice to take Arimidex on cycle, and then switching to Nolvadex for PCT. What is the advantage of this, why not just continue Arimidex for PCT??

Cause u want ur e levels to fluctuate post cycle till they're finally stable and the nolva will make ur body not react to these fluctuations as it blocks it's receptors till it stableises so u dont get sides this is what I understand wait for the more exp guys to give u more info.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd the truth View Post
    I'm pretty far away from cycle but hopefully some confusion could be cleared up. I understand that you don't want side-effects from estrogen during cycle or during PCT.
    I also understand that Arimidex prevents estrogen formation, and Nolvadex blocks estrogen receptors. I see a lot of people giving advice to take Arimidex on cycle, and then switching to Nolvadex for PCT. What is the advantage of this, why not just continue Arimidex for PCT??
    These days I prefer the AI's during the cycle and NOLVA for PCT.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Keep an AI on hand but I wouldn't use unless necessary. You do need a certain amount of estrogen for gains and overall health.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    arimidex is a competitive inhibitor so you can have a rebound w/o some sort of exogenous test. nolva blocks the receptors and makes the testes more reactive to LH which is best in pct

Arnold jr is offline Junior Member
    I don't like AI's during PCT for the simple fact that during PCT you're not simply trying to stimulate test production but you're also trying to normalize your body and ensuring estrogen levels are proper is part of the normalization you need. Estrogen is an important hormone.

During cycle, if you are susceptible to aromatizing side-effects then sure, AI's are the way to go...what doesn't exist cannot aromatize and what doesn't exist cannot cause a problem. Of course some estrogen can help with growth and too much suppression may hinder growth to a degree, although not to the degree many people seem to assume and a little suppression is far better than horrific or problematic side-effects.

If it is a cutting cycle, especially one where you're really trying to get really lean as in very low body-fat, AI's can make a huge difference.

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd the truth View Post
    Airmidex is a mild AI that will help control estrogen but wont stop it completely unless maby you use a very high dose.If you have estrogen problems during a cycle like gyno then you should use it to prevent too much conversion,it wont stop the conversion completely but will help keep it at a normal level. Use Nolvadex and Clomid together for PCT.

Todd the truth is offline Associate Member
    Question answered thanks maybe I'll just arimidex on hand and use as needed instead of on cycle
    Thanks

Thread Information