ricktsa is offline Junior Member

Thigh Injections Hurt like shit

Whatup bros...Ive been having issues with my quad injections. Glue and delt have been fine, but on the lateral portion of my thigh im getting fuckin awful soreness immediately afterward. Ivfe been using al the tips from guys on the board and spotinjections.com but it still fuckin kills. Any of you guys had this, should i stop doing this spot or is there a trick with legs i dont know about.
    Thanks

Rick

ricktsa is offline Junior Member
    ive been using a 22 or 23 gauge 1 inch pin...injecting slow

Slypknot is offline Member
    The thing I find is it's difficult to completely relax my quads when doing injects. I start out relaxed but by the time the last of the gear goes in my leg jerks a little. This little jerk can cause some serious muscle pain later.... or worse, hitting a vein (as this hurts like HELL and usually is immediately following pulling out the pin).

However, I'd still stick with quads any day for the ease of reaching and use of two hands.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Slypknot
    However, I'd still stick with quads any day for the ease of reaching and use of two hands.
    I'm with you on this one.....Monday was the first time I ever injected into my quad...and it stil hurts today. But with how easy it was I'm sticking with it....no pun intended.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Originally posted by ricktsa
    ive been using a 22 or 23 gauge 1 inch pin...injecting slow
    use a 25 gage pin and that will help a lot - inject slow, even up to 1-2 mins per cc - its hard tnot to move it but it does help

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Try using a longer needle. I did 2 quad shots with a 25g 1" needle and it hurt. If I do them with 23g 1.5", no soreness.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

D Mc C is offline Associate Member
    make sure you legs are relaxed

Xtrastrength is offline Junior Member
    The first 3 times I hit each quad, the injects went smooth and painless. Now, I can't even get 1/8 of my 23g 1" needle in w/o experiencing MAJOR discomfort. I'm gonna just hit delts and glutes for a week or so and see if anything changes, so Ricksta, I identify with you on that. Hit the side head of your shoulder instead.

sceptic13 is offline New Member
    I had problems with extreme quad soreness on a cycle. Thought it was bad Test. but when I switched back to glutes no probs. My quads were so painful I was limping 4 days later! Some bodyparts can be sensitive I guess. I think the muscle fibres are very dense in the quads.

Thread Information