Brian1200 is offline Junior Member

Mary Jane/ is she stealin my test?

Mary Jane keeps a callin my name, damn her! I read all kinds of conflicting reports about marijuana and the effects on the endoginous testosterone levels . A study was done a few yrs ago in Jamacia (surprise, surprise), a group of Jamacian men smoked an average of five marijuana joints a day, there blood levels were measured before smoking marijuana, during, and after usage, the study concluded, their testosterone blood levels neither dropped or had risen, including resting testosterone. I have heard numerous things about the negative effects on testerone levels when marijuana is smoked, I do not believe any studies to date have proven this a fact. Do any of you guys no any different studies that have been done to prove this theroy? I don't light up that much, but it feals good to every so often, there are even a few old time bodybuilders that used to light up before a workout, I have tried this also, I find it helps me concentrate on the direct muscle being worked, kind of a mind over muscle stimulous. I believe most things in moderation are okay. I like the fact that it does not have any calories, unlike alchohol. Alchohol has been proven to reduce testosterone, usually in high amounts, not to mention the amount of calories it contains. I myself have never noticed any loss of strenght or coordination from Mary Jane. Well guys give me your input, how many of you see Mary Jane from time to time? Let me know if there has been any new studies to prove the ones in the past wrong. Thanks!

Looks like I am flyin solo on this taboo of a subject tonight eh?

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    flyin solo, hellllllls no bro, not around here. I think all that crap about weed containing estrogens, or lowering test levels is a product of anti-drug propoganda. I get high every once in a while too; I find it helps me get that last 1000cal in before I go to bed.

yeah I am with you there man, I know someone told me what the bad side effects of Marijuana were but, uhhh I uh forgot, and damnit I am hungry. Hey Jp, have you ever got half baked and lifted weights, what did you think, could you concentrate more on the muscle being worked?

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    never tried it, the 2 just don't seem to mix for me. I know I would be walking around the gym with a shit-eating grin on my face the whole time. I don't handle my drugs well, I tend to get paranoid.

Your alright man, yeah I know the feeling, I have done that before, one time I ate some magic mushrooms and went to the gym, I walked in prepared to lift, the mushrooms kicked in, it put things in a whole different perspective, I saw a bunch of people sitting around staring at the wall, lifting things up and down, it looked so wierd to me( even though I have been lifting hard for 12 yrs) I thought I got beamed up to another planet. I think as far as the mind goes, I think it taps into the subconcious of the brain and allows us to use parts of the brain that we don't normally use on a regular basis in life except if we are dreaming, I believe pot and mushrooms has actually increased my awareness of things, and increased my intelligence, despite what they say about pot heads being stupid, and frying all there brains cells, mabye they only tested people who never had any brain cells to start out with.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    Damn - you know when you remember reading something but cannot remember exactly what and where. I read an article about five or six years ago that suggested or stated (can't remember which) that MJ blocks test receptors or in some other way inhibits the take up of test by the receptors. I read this article at a time when I was hitting the gym regularly and smoking the odd joint so I decided to lay off the MJ.

And Brian1200 are you for real? Taking shrooms before a training session? Surely not.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Brian1200
    have you ever got half baked and lifted weights, what did you think, could you concentrate more on the muscle being worked?
    first time i tried it i got the biggest pump i ever had in my life, i'd definetely recommend trying it. I thought i'd be standing there laughing my ass off, but NOOO way my concentration was unbreakable and totally focused on lifting.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by FedSki
    And Brian1200 are you for real? Taking shrooms before a training session? Surely not.
    I agree, that ain't too wise. I wouldn't smoke a joint before training either but thats me, I'd smoke it after to relax/post-workout cal intake. All that crap about marijuana making you stupid is a hoax. I've been smoking it for 7 years and I'm an engineering student in University. I've smoked up to 12 joints a day constantly and I'm fine. I know individuals who smoke marijuana frequently and maintain averages in the high 90's. So all the anecdotal evidence I have (based on mine and others experience) is that marijuana only makes you stupid if you believe it does, its an excuse people find and convince themselves of to alleviate their diffculties IMO.

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    I would give a FUCK about marijuna (no offence to any crackheads reading this)

if you are REAL bodybuilder, this word should not be in your dictionary, not to mention alcohol

.... and working out after smoking weed... I dont know about that.. you could get hurt

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I know many BB's who smoke marijuana. I personally haven't partaken in quite a few years but it doesn't seem to hurt their performance to much. Like all drugs I think you measure the risk in taking it against the reward or pleasure in using it. If you find the risk to reward ratio worth it for you personally then do what makes you happy.

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    you make a good point Rickson, some people need motivation or the "PUSH" to PUSH the weight

others just go RIGHT at it "NATURALLY" :P

mammoth is offline Member
    Watch the movie "Pumping Iron" and look for the scene where Arnold is laying down on a sofa smoking weed after winning a Mr. Olympia. I swear I about shit when I saw this. I think he was also drinking wine but I am not sure about that.

T$sMechamT/A is offline Junior Member
    well if mj reduces test she has got me by the shorthairs.
    mj is a funny thing, i wish both sides would quit lying so we could actually know wtf the real effects are. Have you seen the new anti-pot commercials? they are ridiculous

The adds about MJ supporting terrorism, yeah, I think they actually pulled them because most people thought they were horseshit. Yeah I am for real and yes I took some shrooms before lifting believe it or not, I was 21 years old, and with out a clue, it was sure a trip(literally). That night though, it felt like I understood the universe, it was the most fun I had in a longtime, anyway's thanks for the comments, does anyone have anything else to add?

Thread Information