anadrolavenger is offline Junior Member

steriods in canada?

i have a buddy going to canada in a few months and he has been inquiring about gear in canada.....if im not mistaking isnt it illegal there too?? any insite on the matter will be helpfull

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    illegal to buy. sell. use but not to own i believe... go figure damn french

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    If you have a personal usage amount in your possesion, no problems but it is illegal to buy and sell as TA said...so if he's looking for gear I'm sorry but he is SOL.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    Pete, how much is considered a personal usage amount? I've never found any details of that law to date.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by nj_
    Pete, how much is considered a personal usage amount? I've never found any details of that law to date.
    there is no fixed "personnal usage amount", its the court that usually decide if it was for personnal use or selling, in quebec they are more interrested by pot than gears... Selling gears goes in the same bag than selling prescription drugs w/t script but they are more concerned about morphin and other sedatives. If you get caught with gear, they will probably lets you go, cause it would be a mess to bring a case of "steroids possesion" in court...
    Last edited by FCECC2; 04-03-2003 at 12:09 PM.

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Yeah, unless you have a whole shit-load of gear, it's doubtful they'll charge you with "intent to distribute".

Yeah, it's legal to own and use. But it's illegal to buy, sell, import, or manufacturer.

Basically the law isn't interested in getting the end user, but rather at charging the dealers and manufacturers. I think all drugs should have the same sort of laws.

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    It's still illegal but they don't make too big of a deal unless you have a huge amount. I had the cops come into my place for something else one time, they found my gear it was about 2 light cycles worth, they didn't even take it, I got back home and they left it sitting on my dresser. But every municipality will have its own rules and it also depends on whether you get pinched by city police or RCMP, city police are alot more forgiving. They know they have more important things to do.

Originally posted by NEO-OEN
    It's still illegal but they don't make too big of a deal unless you have a huge amount. I had the cops come into my place for something else one time, they found my gear it was about 2 light cycles worth, they didn't even take it, I got back home and they left it sitting on my dresser. But every municipality will have its own rules and it also depends on whether you get pinched by city police or RCMP, city police are alot more forgiving. They know they have more important things to do.
    You might want to review your Canadian steroid laws .

Steroids are NOT illegal in canada to own or use personal amounts.

You may also want to review the Canadian criminal code in general. The municipalities cannot change the laws. The worst the municipality could do is fine you for having the steroids.

HOWEVER! That doesn't mean the cops won't take your gear. They could always say "I think this is heroin" or something like that and your SOL. If a cop wants to make your life hell, they can!

Yeah, you can possess them, but if they find a couple trays in your house they will try to find a way to charge you with distribution. You are right about the Municipalities I should have been more clear on what I meant. not being able to change the laws, but each municipality that has their own Police force will follow their own guidelines on how to treat the situation, Some local departments are alot more lax when it comes to seizing things. If the Vancouver Police would just leave your gear, it doesn't mean that New West or Delta wouldn't take it. I've had a couple buddies that had their gear taken by the RCMP, and all they said is, we're confiscating this and if you want to file a complaint and pay a lawyer to try and get it back for you then go ahead. I guess it actually up to the cop themselves.

anadrolavenger is offline Junior Member
    man they need to just make them legal again! im tired of all this sneaking around with gear shit!

Yeah, you can possess them, but if they find a couple trays in your house they will try to find a way to charge you with distribution. You are right about the Municipalities I should have been more clear on what I meant. not being able to change the laws, but each municipality that has their own Police force will follow their own guidelines on how to treat the situation, Some local departments are alot more lax when it comes to seizing things. If the Vancouver Police would just leave your gear, it doesn't mean that New West or Delta wouldn't take it. I've had a couple buddies that had their gear taken by the RCMP, and all they said is, we're confiscating this and if you want to file a complaint and pay a lawyer to try and get it back for you then go ahead. I guess it actually up to the cop themselves.
    Yeah.. but even then I don't really think it's a written guideline or anything like that.

But your right, once a cop has the stuff. While you can legally get it back, it's usually not worth the hassel.

Yeah your 100% right on the no guideline thing. Haha, can you imagine going to court and trying to get some D-Bol back. If I was rich I would do it just to piss the cop off, but really who could afford to go to court over something like that it would only be 1/1000 of the cost to go buy new gear. I bet the judge would freak and throw us and the cop in jail overnight for wasting their time.

Yeah your 100% right on the no guideline thing. Haha, can you imagine going to court and trying to get some D-Bol back. If I was rich I would do it just to piss the cop off, but really who could afford to go to court over something like that it would only be 1/1000 of the cost to go buy new gear. I bet the judge would freak and throw us and the cop in jail overnight for wasting their time.
    I dunno about throwing us in jail, throw out the case is quite possible.

But having said that... I'll tell you a little story...

I once got in some trouble with the law. Ended up getting arrested, being detained, interogated, and finally let go. I then had approximately 12 court visits. Ended up going all the way to Supreme court judge AND Jury. I was facing a maximum charge of 19years. 2 years, 12 court visits, and many thousands of dollars in court/lawyer fees later it's all behind me.

Wanna know what I did?

If they were trying to give you 19 years It must have been pretty bad, you must have bad mouthed hockey night in Canada, or got caught drinking Kokanee. hahah. Ive probably sat beside you in court my man, I spent a few good days down at 222 Main street myself. Got to stay away from Supreme tho, hahaha. But I'll bite, what did ya do?

If they were trying to give you 19 years It must have been pretty bad, you must have bad mouthed hockey night in Canada, or got caught drinking Kokanee. hahah. Ive probably sat beside you in court my man, I spent a few good days down at 222 Main street myself. Got to stay away from Supreme tho, hahaha. But I'll bite, what did ya do?
    Decided to start another thread about it.. Look here:
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=48673

Meee is offline Junior Member
    Actually, I just checked with an RCMP buddy of mine about a week ago on this, and posession is indeed against the law. So much as one amp in your posession can get you charged.

Now chances are you wouldn't be, but shit happens...

Meee

Originally posted by Meee
    Actually, I just checked with an RCMP buddy of mine about a week ago on this, and posession is indeed against the law. So much as one amp in your posession can get you charged.

Now chances are you wouldn't be, but shit happens...

Meee
    Your RCMP friend is mistaken, believe me, it says right in the Canadian Criminal Code. Maybe do a search on this, this topic has been discussed many times and links to the relevant portions of the criminal code have been posted.

If memory serves me correctly, Steroids in Canada are a "schedule F" drug. Maybe start looking into that..

But believe me when I tell you, it is legal. Doesn't mean the cop couldn't confiscate it, but it does mean you cannot be charged for having it (unless you were caught buying,selling,importing, or manufacturing)

Meee is offline Junior Member
    Cool. I will check into it again and mention that Class F to him.

Meee

Thread Information