Slypknot is offline Member

Sanity check on gyno treatment

Morning bro's!

Just need to pass by what I'm doing for treatment of gyno to make sure my thinking is on the money.

Gyno symptoms started a couple weeks ago - serious pain in right nipple and a tiny little lump on the outside of the nipple area (not directly underneath the center as I thought it would be). So immediately I began running Nolva at 80mg ED for 3 days, then down to 40mg for another 3-4 days then down to 20mg ED.

This seemed to work ok but then my lymph nodes started swelling (in left arm pit). I've never had em swell so bad, most of my armpit is swollen and hurting still! I attribute this to the Nolva since that was the only addition to my diet/cycle and seemed coincidence that my lymph glands would start swelling right around this time.

SO - starting today I began taking .5mg Liquidex (to help stop arom. of the test) and will cut out the Nolva entirely. My thinking is that once the test aromatizes is when Nolva is required - so as long as I continue to run Liquidex through the remainder of my cycle (which is only 2 more weeks) I should be ok....

Make sense? Haven't read of anyone starting Liquidex mid-cycle so wasn't sure.

bump for info

longhornDr is offline Member
    The lymph nodes in your axilla (armpit) drain the breast tissue, did the swollen nodes coincide with a regression of the gyno symptoms?

Yes - it was rather bizarre. I had the puffy nips for most of the cycle - then when the actual gyno hit hard (serious pain in the nipple area and a tiny tiny little bump causing all the pain) I hit the nolva very hard the same day.... this is also when the lymph nodes started swelling. Interesting is the gyno hit my right nipple, and the lymph nodes swelled under the left arm. Not sure if that matters. The lymph nodes have continued to swell while the gyno has shrunk.

So if I understand what you're leaning to - the lymph nodes are handling the actual removal of the gyno? So not directly caused by any allergic reaction to Nolva, actually quite the opposite - body working as designed?

bump for info

longhornDr is offline Member
    Originally posted by Slypknot

So if I understand what you're leaning to - the lymph nodes are handling the actual removal of the gyno? So not directly caused by any allergic reaction to Nolva, actually quite the opposite - body working as designed?
    The lymph nodes in the armpit "drain" that tissue, I wouldn't describe it as actually handling the removal of gyno.

It would seem that the nolvadex is doing something to the breast tissue that is draining to the axillary lymph nodes and perhaps causing an immune response.

faty is offline New Member
    did your lumps go away after the nolva?howlong did it take and how small wher the lumps cause i have one in my left pec and its about the size of a dime im gonna start my nolva today and hope for the best.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I had the same thing happen last cycle. I never had gyno but the lump in the lymph node did appear. I went to the Doctor and he gave me some kind of antibiotic and it disappeared in a day. I know exactly what your talking about bro......just get to the doc. Oh , and I never even told him I was on a cycle either, if that helps......
    Good Luck my friend

Welp I'm VERY glad to report the lymph node swelling is STARTING to decrease! They're not gone yet but the pain is more mild now (THANK GOD!). I took 3 days off the gym (even on cycle, had to) to give my body some needed rest and I guess it helped.

I've also started running Liquidex at .5 cc per day (.5mg). That should keep the estrogen lower in my body and I'm gonna stop taking Nolva starting tmrw.

The gyno lump is GONE! It was only the size of a zit (atleast felt like one). Not very large - but again I thank the lord that I had Nolva on hand. I started taking it the day it happened (which was last Wed) and it did the trick.... whew!

I believe the gyno and lymph node swelling are related for sure. I was taking Nolva prior to this happening (only 20mg a day) and had no swelling...I'm still taking 40mg daily and the swelling is starting to go down, so it probably was NOT a direct allergic reaction to the nolva.

Serious thanks to Longhorn for the pm's... I was seriously freaked.

Thread Information