JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Tom Price talks about HGH

This was posted by hhajdo at Steroidology

Here's what TP said about his AS/GH use on Chad's board:

My PERSONAL opinion, is that more than 4.5-6 iu's/day is a waste. I've seen guys do 9 iu's/day, and some guys go as high as 18 iu's/day. Other than holding a shitload of water, there's no appreciable difference between 6 iu's and 18 iu's.

As for gear, 800-1200 mg's a week of test, plus an anabolic or two, is all I ever do. So, what Dave Palumbo reccommends is not to far from what I, in fact, really do.

I've always known that what most people think of how much gear the pro's use is NOWHERE NEAR reality. I had a guy in chat room once try and tell me that the pro's spend $80,000/show on gear. I added it up, and last year for the Night of Champions I spent $2800 on gear for that show. That's a total of EVERYTHING. Clenbuterol , cytomel , teslac , proviron , ephedrine, caffiene.. EVERYTHING!!

No, most pro's do NOT stay on all year round. I come off for as much time as I just spent on. Usually, off-season cycles are 6 weeks on-6 weeks off. While dieting, I go 6 on-2 off-6 on-2 off. That's 16 weeks, which is the length of all my diets, and I usually go off for 8-10 weeks after every show.

INSULIN USE: There's certain pro's who are big believeres in this. One "guru" I know has all his guys use Insulin in the off-season, and he even laughed at me when I told him I didn't use it. To be honest, he didn't believe me, cuz' he said "You're 308 pounds WITHOUT it? BULLSHIT".

To be totally honest with you guys, I'm not comfortable telling you how to do something I don't do. I'd be talking out of my ass if I said it worked, because I have no real personal experience with insulin. I mean, not anything beyond just taking 10 units with my first carb-up meal on Wednesday before a contest. That's all I've ever done.

I spent $2800 bucks getting ready for the NOC this year. $2800 TOTAL. That includes the GH. The 3 iu's I do, 6 days a week. That's 126 iu's every six weeks, or 252 iu's in 12 weeks. I paid $400 per box, so that's how much again on GH for the entire diet? Whoa... a whole $800. Fuck that $500 per box at 18 iu's a week bullshit, too. Where the fuck do you guys come up with this crap??

I don't mind telling people, because I get sick of hearing we (the pro's) are all drugs. But, like I posted before, the reason no one believes guys like me and Lee Priest, is because they can't get to our size. Has nothing to do with reality, or what we spend, or what we take, or how hard we train. It has to do with what other people CAN'T do. So they need an excuse. Nothing more than just a bullshit excuse.

Forgive me for this rant. But I resent my 15 years of busting ass in the gym being reduced to a cycle or two.

Ever see anyone who never comes off? Pro, not a pro, doesn't matter. You show me someone who never comes off, which is all 'bridging' is, and I'll show you someone who's receptors are shut down, and have quit making gains.

I don't know one good pro, one anyone worth a shit, who stays on all year long.

Personally, I take 12 weeks off the gear, after every show. The length of my cycles, depends on how far away the show is. Usually, it's 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off, unless I'm dieting. Dieting, I go 6 on/2 off/6 on/2 off.

NO ONE even try a follow-up question about "why" or "what". That's all you get.

I've never done GH in the off-season in my life. EVER. And just to be CRYSTAL CLEAR, off means OFF. As in, not ON. Means: OFF EVERYTHING.

I drop from 310 to 298-295, when I'm off. But never any lighter than 295. Do I get weaker? Slightly, yes. But you need to use your god-given brain for something other than counting reps when it comes to situtations like these. (All this free advice, I should be charging millions for this shit). So, you notice yourself getting a little weaker? ANSWER: So go out of your way to do things that you have no clue how strong you should be. Instead of training with super heavy weights for 5-8 reps, go up to 15 reps on all your power movements. That way, you, ONE, give your joints a break while stimulating the muscle in a new way, and TWO, so that you have no idea what weights you would be using at your strongest, because you never do 15 reps on your power movements. It's just a simple mind game you're playing with yourself.

That's all I've done. Even when I was 22 and 240 pounds.

JohnnyB

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Interesting stuff...thanks for posting it

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Good stuff!

nd2bhge is offline New Member
    great post bro

I want to know where he gets those holo kits for $400.00.

JohnnyB

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Good post.

Pain

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Good post

xxxl83

Screenz is offline Junior Member
    Bump good post!

sd11 is offline Banned
    Tom Prince is full of shit!!!!!!!!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I take all interviews the pros give with a grain of salt. A couple of years ago they were all saying they don't do anything. Now a lot of them are saying well we don't do that much. I know what he is doing especially in terms of growth and insulin are not the norm even in National level bodybuilders.

MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

Mr. Biceps

Its all a bunch of crap for the most part! Listen up newbies, the pro's are taking more steroids than you think . You dont get to be 280lbs of ripped to the bone muscle by using only 800mg of test and an anabolic . Sure you can grow bulk over a period of time, but you'll never get that freaky cartoon look without ingesting very high doses of both steroids and some GH. Thats pretty much common knowledge. Just goes to show you how much B.S. is flying around in these bodybuilding magazines!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I certainly don't buy the fact that a majority of pros are not on some serious sh*t...though, at times I am forced to face the fact that people are born absolute freaks in other manners...i mean, Robert Wadlow was 8'11' for gawd's sake, so it's not inconceivable that someone (of course not all the IFBB pros...hell, not even a minority) could attain a SICK degree of muscularity with a relatively small degree of gear (relative to what we think they use). I still agree, the whole "we weren't using at all" and "okay, okay you got me, I use two dbol tabs a day precontest" stuff makes me a harcore cynic, but let's not be too quick to write it off as an impossibility.

So some of you think the pros do 1500-2000mg of test, plus a couple of other drugs? Damn that's a lot of drugs. He did say some use from 9-18iu a day of hgh, those are some high doses of hgh.

But what I think some of you are trying to say he's BSing about he's doses. He did say he uses up to 1200mg of test plus two more drugs. So say he ads 800-1000mg of deca or eq. Then his third drug was fina at 100mg ed, he's pretty close to 3 grams. Do you think he does 4, 5 or more grams a week?

I still want to know where he's get those kits

JohnnyB

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Sounds reasonable to me. Tom PriNce is believable here. Lee Priest, on the other hand, saying he does just "light" amounts of deca is BS

Originally posted by pumpseeker
    Sounds reasonable to me. Tom PriNce is believable here. Lee Priest, on the other hand, saying he does just "light" amounts of deca is BS
    I thought he was being pretty straight about his doses.

JohnnyB

dansteelman is offline Member
    bump, definatly a good read. I say Take the amounts that pros say they're using, add 20 percent and you are definatly in the ballpark of the pro "Norm" This statement has no research behind it, however its higher than what they say, but probably closer to the actual amount.

sd11 is offline Banned
    No one....unless you are or know an ifbb pro personally can really do much more than speculate on their doses, but like Rickson said take what the pros say with a grain of salt. The gym I've trained at since I was 16 is co-owned by an ifbb pro not a big name, but he's still a pro and I've heard (not saying it's fact) that he runs a 1,000mg test base ed year round.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I think his right on the HGH doses. I know guys here thats been on 14-16 iu's ED and they said they got the same result on 6 iu's ED.

jaydukes is offline New Member
    Thanks for letting it all out bro! Great Post!

sd11, I think that rumor is more of a myth, that's 7 gram of test only a week. So if he were to add 1 drug(I doubt he only adds 1) at the same dose he'd be on 14 gram of juice. He'd have massive side effects. He probably does 100mg a day as a base and it got blown u tp 1000mg, just a guess.

JohnnyB

sd11 is offline Banned
    Bro 100mg ed come on.........my training partner is far away from that level and he uses well over 2 grams per week. Go do a search on yahoo for andreas munzer cycle you'll see how much gear the pros actually do use.

Slavetourmoma is offline New Member
    I pretty much belive what he says, but I will say this. When Flex Wheeler quit the last time, he had a confesional. He said that he took a shot of something everyday of his life since he was 18 till he quit. Now, he didn't say what he was taking, but still. In addition to this I heard that Art Atwood, when he rapidly gained 40 lbs and got his pro card, was spot injectin igf all over his body non stop for two years. So if thats true...?

Thread Information