peace_frog is offline Associate Member

re: Finding a source, By Ptbyjason

"Finding a source "
    " AR is currently at around 8,000 members now I believe with about 20 - 30 new members every single day. Most people who sign up want one of two things, either information or a source and some want both. You will try anything for a source. You PM me, the mods, the vets, the senior members, the guys with the most post counts, etc...... Let me ask everyone a quick question. Suppose you are working out at the gym and some guy walks up to you that you have never seen and says, "hey man you look pretty big, can I buy some steroids from you?" Are you going to get out your little black book and give the guy your dealers name? Are you just going to sell him what you have at home? Don't forget, you have never seen this guy before in your life. You won't put yourself at risk like that. It's not that easy, and it shouldn't be that easy to find a source. If you want a source, don't start PMing people expecting a source to be in your PMs when you return. Don't cuss people out because they don't give you a source when they don't even know you. If you did that in person to some of the guys on this board, you would probably have a funeral soon. Don't act tough and unappreciative when you are hiding behind a screen. Everyone on here is a human being and if you were in the same situation, you wouldn't just give out source names when you don't know if the person you are talking to is a cop, the dea, or joe blow. Use your head people.

The post counts on threads are no longer existant. I don't want people with high post counts bothered for source names just because they have been long time members of the board. It's not fair to them. The senior members that I have on here, I want to keep. They have been good to my board and I want to be good to them. I want something to be understood. IF YOU CUSS OUT A SENIOR MEMBER, VET, or ANYONE ELSE FOR NO REASON VIA PM OR ON THE OPEN BOARD, YOU WILL BE BANNED. There is no reason to cry because you don't get your way. Everyone on here deserves respect! That is the way AR is. If you don't like it, I will be more than happy to refer you to some other boards where you will be flamed repeatedly and you can flame them back all you want. If you like to argue, cuss people out and cry because you don't get your way send me a PM. I will give you direct links to some wonderful boards that will fit you just fine.

If any of the above is unfair, I will be more than happy to discuss it and rewrite any of the statements that were not appropriate. Opinions regarding the above are encouraged. I want AR to get better everyday. This board will not go downhill just because we have more members than we did before. I won't let it and neither will the members who have been here since the beginning.

Senior members, Vets, Mods, etc... If you would like to add a link in your signature back to this thread and explain why you won't give a source to a member who just signed up on the board, please do so."

Re: Sources, Questions about Steroids, READ THIS FIRST

quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------Just as a reminder of the sticky post that all newbies should be reading:

"Originally posted by ptbyjason
    Ok, there seems to be some redundancy among some of the new members lately and I want to make sure everyone understands how everything works around here. I am not picking on anyone, this is something that has always been a problem, but I am finally getting around to telling people what to do when coming to AR."

1. So starting things off, you need a source or think you have a source, right?

Do the following: If you think you have a source, PM a moderator and ask them if the source is legit. Moderator names can be found in the Forum Leaders section. PM (Private Message) them and if you look on the Main Page you will see >>>Private Messages<<< near the top of the page. If it is blinking, it means you have new private messages. Go ahead and read them, the only person that blinking bar is going to annoy is you, so read it whenever you get the chance.

If you need a source, you can PM (translation above) them as well, but in all honesty, you probably won't get a response. They don't even know you, why would they give you the name of a source?"

Did I just read that it says you CAN PM for a source related question? I sure did. I think this post is great, no one should be harrassed for a source. But also , newbies should not be condemned for asking a question in private. Its written right there in a sticky post in black and white. I think it is somewhat responsible for them to ask in a pm( providing its not harrassing) and not just come on to the board being ignorant clogging things up. Ive been one of the people who did this somewhat recently when I lost my source and Im still screwed. IVe been a board member for a while, under a few different IDs. And I have to tell ya, I feel foolish. Ive been very responsible, reading a lot and using the search button for everything. So I never had the need to post much. So why do I feel foolish....well now im in a jam and summer is just about here. And I have no way to obtain some help because no one knows me. I can accept that, but I also realize now that by answering all of your own questions and not having to post, you dont get known by anyone. By posting questions( that really can be answered by the search button. In fact all most all questions have been answered. But if no one re-asks them, then the forum is pretty much dead. Im sure you all must realize that 98% of all new questions are not "new" at all, just rehashed) you get yourself known, and hopefully "trusted" a little, and have a better chance for some good advice and a helpful point in the right direction. I guess my advice for newbies is to get known. Post a lot, ask questions. If someone else who is also new asks questions and you have some time, go use the search button yourself and maybe you, a newbie, can answer someone elses question. Its really about all you can do. But dont be afraid to PM a mod, senior member, members, whoever when you have questions. You're being responsible and the worst that happens is no answer. I would also suggest that if you dont get an answer, DONT ASSUME THAT THEY DIDNT GET IT!! If you dont get a responce, take it at face vallue. Assume that they got it, and didnt answer for a reason. Ive asked things in PMs before and got no responce. I didnt PM the question again or PM to ask if they got it. You should follow my lead on that one. Mod, members and S-members get lots of the same questions all the time. Maybe they just get sick of responding, or maybe they just get so many they dont have time. You need to RESPECT THAT. It doesnt mean they hate you, or think you're an asshole for asking, or that they are being rude. Dont go burning your bridges right out of the gate. They are all here to help you. You'd love it if at the very least you got a quick pm back saying "sorry, cant help". But think about this. If you got 20, 50, 100 pms a day, every day, is it realistic to think they all can just send ya a quickie responce. I personally dont think its feasable. In short...pay your dues, participate, be respectful, be helpful, be patient....and maybe in time you might build up a relationship or two that will help you (maybe even with a source). Just use your head.

~Peace~τΏτ~
    Last edited by peace_frog; 04-21-2003 at 07:23 PM.

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Hehe

I know how you feel. All the sources I had.....Have seemed to dried up as well....Its cool, Im not worried. All things come to those who wait, and we should all wait and not jump into Poking our asses or thighs, etc...

Remember, there's always a trip to Cancun for QV gear...Which ROCKS!!

L8

Not a source, dont ask, I dont know, and mainly dont care!

The new people think they have it rough not being able to find a source. Well, imagine having one(most of you know how HARD it is to get one in the first place. ) and then when you want to shape up for summer, finding out you need to find a new source. Believe me, its twice as bad as never having one. And then you gotta go back to work trying to find another. Its hard because Im not new to the game anymore, yet I may as well be a newbie. Its a sigh of relief when you get one. I ordered, did a small cycle, took time off , and was just ready to cut and harden a bit. I hadnt talked to my source in about 10mos or so( I kept no email, no packaging and had as little contact as possible for both of our safety.) I memorized the email address so I didnt have it kept anywhere,but when I emailed at the begining of this year, I got an error message. Email was no longer vailid. I became some what friends with a mod on another board(no where near as good as this one I might add! This is my first and last stop now) and thats how I got it. I looked for him, and he is no longer around. You can check one of my posts on how "as good as gold" this guy was. 200 ocuflux in a zippy bag which I asked ahead about since I didnt want flux( the majority of people on this board said it was shit at the time). So let this be a lesson to new people on the board.....just because you get one, doesnt me you'll have one forever.

BTW, I was natural for 26 years of my life before I touched any AS. I dont think Ill ever be into them like some people are. Each to their own, its just personal option. I didnt put on a lot last time, but enough for me, and I didnt lose much when I came off. After doing more research, Ive decided things like winny, EQ and the sorts would be right up my ally. Not absolutely huge gains, but solid keepable gains. I have a body that can put on muscle ok, but has trouble staying lean. I noticed that last cycle( omna and deca ) , toward the end of my gear I started working out a little more and added in a lot of aerobics after a work out.Plus I tried cutting my calories. That combo worked great for me, I started losing fat(sounds like a "DUH" but its been hard. I had been doing that before and didnt get the results I wanted.), and I was keeping muscle. When I started seeing the progress I was making, I was pretty excited that I found what worked for me, even tho it was pretty much a bulk cycle. Being able to lose fat with out losing muscle became more appealing to me than "bulking". And I didnt take a hugh hit on strength of course. I think I just redefined my goals. When you try a few things and you still havent quite found your niche, its just an amasing feeling when you do , whether you stumble accross it or are just smart enough to keep changing and find what works for you. Its too bad that I figured it out toward the end, but it was a good feeling non the less.
    Last edited by peace_frog; 04-21-2003 at 07:21 PM.

Thread Information