NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member

Clen....Can you explain this to me?

I was reading the profile here about Clen and came across this information regarding Fat Free Mass(FFM). I am not undestanding what it is telling me, nevertheless what is Fat Free Mass. First it talks about increasing FFm, but no change in BF%. Then it states an increase in FFM. Just need this put in lamens terms for me.

The reasons for the further increase in FFM around week 6 despite no changes in %fat or fat mass is not easily explained….. It might be that clenbuterol can increases FFM through another nonreceptor-mediated pathway, which would be very good for us, since the anabolic effects would also be applicable in humans, despite the fact that animals often respond more dramatically to beta-agonist/antagonists, due to receptor properties.. However, clenbuterol is highly lipophylic and can also enter muscle tissue (12), so that could indicate a possible mechanism of work. Maybe that would explain the significant increase in FFM of 13 kg in at 8 wks in the study? Certainly, muscle protein synthesis (MPS) must be a part of it, since clen will increase MPS in your body (17)…But it has even been speculated that the growth-promoting effect of clenbuterol may be specific to muscle and that the drug may act in a not-yet-understood manner which circumvents (!) the physiological mechanisms responsible for the control of muscle growth (13). This may mean that clenbuterol can help blast you past “sticking points” in your training by circumventing the usual mechanisms by which anabolism is experienced! It is of note that both muscle composition and fibre size has been shown to increase with administration of clen (14).

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    Nobody else must understand it either.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Clen is not anabolic in humans.

Thread Information