defdaz is offline Associate Member

Question what a forum / need some advice

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to say what a great site this is - I used to browse the old AR.com forum and have to say this new version had a lot to live up to but is doing everyone proud I think!! Thanks to all the mods for taking up their time to monitor these boards and also to whoever is paying all the bills!!
    Last edited by defdaz; 09-30-2007 at 03:44 PM.

nymattyk is offline Member
    id stay away from juice for now, train light like juice junkie said and when you are back to where you left off before the injury then jump on. but for now i would just wait until the natural healing takes place

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Let It Heal Some More . . .

Seriously, bro, I agree with the others.

One thing you didn't address is whether you were on a cycle when you tore the muscle. (Sometimes we like to push the edge of the envelope a little too far.)

AS are great for development, but they can act like pain medication insofar as they can sometimes mask symptoms. You've had an injury, and now that you've had eight weeks to start healing, any pain you have is good - it will tell you how far you can go and what limitations you still have.

(In other words, if you do a cycle now, you may get too cocky. At best, that would delay the complete healing. At worst, you could re-tear the muscle without realizing it until it's too late.)

Keep on healing, bro, and then do the cycle when you're sure that you won't risk reinjury.

The good news is that you will gain back what you lost (and, in terms of the fat, lose what you have gained back). And you'll probably do it more efficiently this time around through sheer discipline - you'll be more careful.

I know how you feel - I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and stayed away from the gym for almost two weeks. Damn, I missed it! (And I felt the loss in my pecs more than anywhere else.) But any time we're aren't up to par, our bodies are trying to tell us something - lay back, chill out, and do it when you're feelnig better.

Tempting as it is, stay natural until you're more fully healed - as anxious as you may feel now, you'll be glad you did.

Mike Guest
    TNT -

Sorry bro but I had to do it. Just HAD to change your user title.

Your posts are always informative, clear, concise and helpful. But damn you do a lot of typing and I thought this would only be fitting!

defdaz is offline Associate Member

thanx

Thanks everyone - I'll hold fire for the time being and get back as close to where I was before.

Mike - LMAO! Damn right though, and I really appreciated his post! Cheers TNT! (Mike, I think one of the smiley faces has gone on strike or something...?)

I WAS on a course when the injury occured. I've always had to be careful training pecs from earlier injuries in my teens (youthful exuberance at its worst, lol) but on that day they felt great! Ah well, at least I got to 5 reps, eh?!

Right, off for some serious leg training! See yers,

The Iron Game Guest
    Originally posted by Mike
    TNT -

Sorry bro but I had to do it. Just HAD to change your user title.

Your posts are always informative, clear, concise and helpful. But damn you do a lot of typing and I thought this would only be fitting!

muahahahaha

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Yeah, right . . .

Originally posted by The Iron Game
    muahahahaha
    Sorry, guys, but Mike switched it back . . .

I was ROTFLMFAO, so he changed it back so I wouldn't have a heart attack from all the laughter.

I love ya too, I.G.

Thread Information