Paranoid is offline Associate Member

Nolva vs. Clomid Post Cycle?

I see some very contrasting result on which compound is the prefered agent for post cycle therapy . More and more I am being swayed towards Nolva, as several articles point to it as being more effective. Big Cat from bodybuilding.com seem to be a huge fan of it as well, and he clearly explains its benefits in his article.

"So which one should you use? Well personally, I'd have to say Nolvadex . Both as an on-cycle anti-estrogen and a post-cycle therapy. As an anti-estrogen its simply much stronger, demonstrated by the fact that better results are obtained with 20-40 mg than with 100-150 mg of clomid. For post-cycle, this plays a key role as well. It deactivates rebound estrogen much faster and more effective. But most importantly, Nolvadex has a direct influence on bringing back natural testosterone , where as clomid may actually have a slight negative influence. The reason being that Tamoxifen (as in Nolvadex) seems to increase the responsiveness of LH (luteinizing hormone) to GnRH (gonadtropin releasing hormone), whereas clomid seems to decrease the responsiveness a bit1.

Another noteworthy fact about Nolvadex is that it acts more potently as an estrogen in the liver. As you remember, I mentioned that clomiphene and tamoxifen are basically weak estrogens. Well, tamoxifen is apparently still quite potent in the liver. This offers us the positive benefits of this hormone in the liver, while avoiding its negative effects elsewhere in the body. As such Nolvadex can have a very positive impact on negative cholesterol levels2 in the body, and therefore too should be considered a better choice than clomid. It will not solve the problem of bad cholesterol levels during Steroid use , but will help to contain the problem to a larger degree.

Another reason why I promote the use of Nolvadex over Clomid post-cycle (as if being 3-4 times stronger and having more of a direct effect on restoring natural test wasn't enough) is because it's a lot safer. Not just because it improves lipid profiles, but also because it simply doesn't have the intrinsic side-effects that Clomid has. Clomid causes more acne for sure, but that's mainly because you need to use a 3-4 times higher dose. But Clomid seems to also affect the eyesight. Long-term clomid therapy causes irreversible changes in eyesight3 in users. Irreversible. For me that alone is reason enough to prefer Nolvadex."

What are your takes on it guys?

Tanksta is offline Junior Member
    Good post. I had the same questions Nolva vs. Clomid post cycle. I have Nolva, and would like to use it for a post winny cycle, but am unsure of what dosage to take, and when to start taking it, seeing Nolva is stronger and more potent than Clomid.

Hopefully this post will bring on some good feedback

Thread Information