fighter0728 is offline Junior Member

How hard do you train while on cycle

My last cycle I went nuts on training. I was lifting everyday and sometimes I would go in, in the morning and night. I also increased my sets from about 9-12 sets per muscle to about 12-15(roughly.) I had heard that while on a cycle your body can handle a lot more training, it is harder to overtrain. The reason I am questioning this is because every time I would see a jump in my weight was when I would take two days off, which was pretty rare. My buddy went as hard as me and he had good gains pretty steadily though. How often do you guys train during a cycle?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I train the same. Sets to failure and energy to exhaustion.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Same as off a cycle, 5 days on 1 day off. There's no reason to lower or raise your intensity, go balls to the wall no matter what you have going on.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I find I'm more into it and last alot longer and never want to leave while on.

I agree ozzy. I LOVE lifting while on. It is a great feeling to leave the gym after spending 2 1/2 hours hitting the weights. During off cycle I just cant stay into for that long. Usually more like 1 1/2 hours and only 5days a week as apposed to 7 days a week.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Jay Cutler has said in a few interviews that if you cant get what you want out of 12 sets per bodypart your not gonna. Do you guys agree with that, that 12 sets til failure is enough??

Poppa Pump is offline New Member
    Originally posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    Jay Cutler has said in a few interviews that if you cant get what you want out of 12 sets per bodypart your not gonna. Do you guys agree with that, that 12 sets til failure is enough??
    I believe that that is 100% true. I run 12 sets at the most (and that's for large muscle groups) all to failure, and i'm making much better gains than when i went with much more. It's much more important to go heavy and hard with 3 or 4 sets / workout and just take them all past failure. Peace

MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member
    I like twelve to 20 sets per bodypart. I must admit my greatest strength gains have come from doing 6 sets twice per week rather than only working my bodypart once per weekwith 12 sets .

My theory is that you get less for your efforts after 6 sets because your weights decrease.

I see better gains with higher sets, but I have friends who only do about 6 sets and they are pretty big. I guess a lot of it is genetics.

Thread Information