jholl is offline Junior Member

Managing Side Effects During and After PCT

I have done just 2 pretty mild cycles. One with test e and one with test prop and dbol . I really didn't experience much in terms of sides on cycle. But, during PCT and after PCT is where i did notice sides (most of all acne). Mainly it seemed that after PCT my shoulders were covered with acne and I'm not sure if it was from the nolva, clomid, or imbalance in hormones (still took a while to clear up after PCT). I am wondering if anyone has any good advice or preventative measures on how to keep the acne away throughout and following PCT.

TraPump is offline Junior Member
    I am also looking for info in regards to managing sides from pct

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    As you said, Acne is typically caused by hormonal imbalance. Not real sure how you would control this during pct as hormone levels are supposed to be out of whack at this point. I break out real bad on cycle, mainly my chest and back. I tried many diff types of soap/acne medications/topical treatments to try to correct this and nothing seemed to help until about a week ago. I picked up a bar of Panoxyl and use once a day in shower.. dries the skin out a bit but it completely cleared my acne in a few days. I'd highly recommend tryin this out.

felk87 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc
    As you said, Acne is typically caused by hormonal imbalance. Not real sure how you would control this during pct as hormone levels are supposed to be out of whack at this point. I break out real bad on cycle, mainly my chest and back. I tried many diff types of soap/acne medications/topical treatments to try to correct this and nothing seemed to help until about a week ago. I picked up a bar of Panoxyl and use once a day in shower.. dries the skin out a bit but it completely cleared my acne in a few days. I'd highly recommend tryin this out.
    Make sure you apply some kind of lotion with licid acid afterwards, it will help with the dryness, as well as help with the acne.

Razor is offline Banned
    I have run accutane mid cycle and kept it going after, never had any problems. My biggest concern is hair loss

felk87 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr.
    I have run accutane mid cycle and kept it going after, never had any problems. My biggest concern is hair loss
    Hairloss from accutane? Or pct?

Dmitri Diablo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Where do you get the bar of panoxyl?!

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by felk87 View Post
    Hairloss from accutane? Or pct?
    Hairloss during and after cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Diablo View Post
    Where do you get the bar of panoxyl?!
    I picked it up at walmart for $6

felk87 is offline Banned
    Hairloss during and after cycle
    Yeah im prone to it, so i use minoxidil, nizoral, and propecia....i think the propecia deff inhibits gains a bit tho.

Razor is offline Banned
    When acne stems from gear use, its coming from within..Accutane seems to be the only effective treatment when dealing with it

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    When acne stems from gear use, its coming from within..Accutane seems to be the only effective treatment when dealing with it
    This

felk87 is offline Banned
    Accutane just sounds scary, i just shower 2-3 a day and wash hand soap bar....let it sit for a few minutes and so far its working.

Dmitri Diablo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Agreed.
    Jesus, not to jack the thread... But as effective as Accutane was, it has it's own brutal side effects.

Yup.. Accutane is probably the most effective, but I'd rather use something topical instead of throwing another chemical in to my cycle. I've read many reviews on its nasty sides and I see accutane as a last resort.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    low does accutane is what i will be running next cycle, will proberly start a month before and come off a month after pct, still trying to clear up acne a few weeks out from pct it got pretty bad during pct, the doc has given me some antibiotics and ive been trying new soap it seems to be clearing up. but not taking any risks next time im thinking 20mg accutane dosed as stated above. i havent found people experiencing sides other than dry skin and lips at that dose. and to be honest read the side effet list on any drug in the drug store and its enough to make you worried.

TraPump is offline Junior Member
    Panoxyl sounds like the way to go

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    you can clean your skin all you want and yes it certainly helps,but its not a fix, just a way of managing it.

thanks for all the info. So yea i know it is mainly from hormone inbalances but i swear it was the clomid that gave me these tiny red pimples all over my upper arms/shoulders, because i have never gotten them before on just nolva. The other thing I can't figure out is how all the old school bodybuilders' skin (in pumping iron for example) look great as far as acne goes when they didn't have pct. I just figure their hormones where going crazy but they all look great.

From what everyone has said so far it seems that there is really no way to manipulate your cycle or pct to avoid this. So while there are hygienic things you can do to help the situation, Accutane seems to be the only way to handle the root of the problem?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jholl View Post
    From what everyone has said so far it seems that there is really no way to manipulate your cycle or pct to avoid this. So while there are hygienic things you can do to help the situation, Accutane seems to be the only way to handle the root of the problem?
    Hormonal changes cause it. Accutane will completely cut off the il production by shrinking the glands. But the oils due to the hormonal changes are the root. An increase causing the acne. Keeping the oil at a minimum us the way to avoid it but it is easier said then done. I have tried many methods over the years. Some work great for others but none did for me. My acne had always been an issue so acutane was my final option. But there are easier ways that may work for you that never worked for me

Yea i had a really bad experience with hcg and now it seems clomid is almost as bad. I am definitely hesitant about using certain compounds now because I really don't think it is worth it if you are going to get serious breakouts. Kind of defeats the whole purpose in my opinion if you're going to be embarrassed to take your shirt off...

felk87 is offline Banned
    Question, i rarely get acne, will acne still be an issue...so far i have 0 acne from my cycle...but reading all these stories kind of makes me nervous...?

I rarely ever got it before cycling as well. Didn't notice much on cycle either. But after cycle during pct and even weeks after finishing pct is when it really affects me.
    Quote Originally Posted by felk87 View Post
    Question, i rarely get acne, will acne still be an issue...so far i have 0 acne from my cycle...but reading all these stories kind of makes me nervous...?

Scat40 is offline Junior Member
    Little worried about acne myself. I am prone to get it most on my shoulders and back. Just as long as I don't get it on my pretty face! ha!

i get a little on my face sometimes but not too bad, sucks on the shoulders and chest though. especially during the winter when u can't tan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatillac View Post
    Little worried about acne myself. I am prone to get it most on my shoulders and back. Just as long as I don't get it on my pretty face! ha!

Thread Information