View Poll Results: Do you smokes cigarettes?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

22 45.83%
  • no

26 54.17%
    gettingbigger816 is offline Junior Member

Smoking and lifting

How many of you smoke cigarettes and lift and do you feel it has any effect on your gains?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i definitely feel like my cardiovascular threshold is higher just because lung capacity and O2 absorption into the alveoli is much higher. as far as lifting goes smoking constricts blood flow and slows down metabolism if you chronically do it (meaning any more than 3 cigarettes a day imo.)

if you have to smoke anything i would smoke weed since you will do it less frequently and it will provide more psychological effects than cigs do.

i havn't smoked in years though so i can't even remember whether my workouts suffered or not, or i just did not realize it. killing yourself from the inside is alot different since damage takes time to set in. i would quit if you are doing it as it will be the most life changing and important decision you ever make...there is no place for smoking in a juicers plan!

Lift Chief is offline Member
    I smoke while i'm working out. I really like to take care of my body...

So- no- i don't smoke. Except a good cigar now and then.

If you're really dedicated to lifting and taking care of yourself you'd quit smoking is the way i see it. Pretty cut and dry.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

it doesn't bother me

i smoke whilei lift and i'mfine w/it. now the other members, on the other hand, are starting to get pissed.i'm working on the ownerofmy gym toget a smoking section,but it doesn't look good

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I smoke an occasional cigarette, but I don't see it as hindering any gains. I still manage my cardio goals and am satisfied with my performance. I think that being addicted to smoking would hurt gains due to detriment to cardio ability (lungs and respiration), but without additiction, cigarettes, like most drugs won't harm noticabley.

durbin22 is offline Member
    Why make your outside look better while killing your inside at the same time?

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    ya, being addicted to smoking is the key, an occasional one won't really hurt you. Smokers are so funny. I'm glad they're around because they're a group I can make fun of without offending anyone, but I can't even hang out with smokers, yuck. Haha, chicks that smoke are the funniest, god, it's so gross. Like when a chick is trying to give me the eye while she's smoking, I can't help laughing.

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Smoking gigs makes we want to cough a lung whille I am lifting I gave that crap up years ago =)

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    smoking is a sign of weakness!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i limit it to three cigs a day..whichi know is bad...to those that "only have one once in a while" that's how i started...now im tryin to quit...went from smokin 6-8 a day down to three....goin for two a day soon..then one....then none....i fucking hate that i do it

Ozzy is offline Senior Member

Re: it doesn't bother me

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    i smoke whilei lift and i'mfine w/it. now the other members, on the other hand, are starting to get pissed.i'm working on the ownerofmy gym toget a smoking section,but it doesn't look good
    I smoke and I think it's a bad idea bro.....but a funny thought though ! It definitely effects my work-out twice as much when on a cycle because of the elevated B/P.
    But it's harder to quit than quitting heroin......

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    only smoke weed every day, but no cigs, besides weed is thermogenic anyways, haha

sooner45 is offline Member
    Any serious ideas on how to stop......other than cold turkey?!?!?!

Originally posted by 956Vette
    smoking is a sign of weakness!

true dat

Can u explain to me how smoking is a sign of weakness?

BlocRoc is offline Member
    A buddy of mine works at an investment house in Germany. They dont hire smokers (yeah, thats discrimination, but its in Germany) because a smoker might go for a quick one and the market would make a move, causing the company to loose money!

So he quit, COLD TURKEY.......For a company BMW and boatloads of cash

Originally posted by BlocRoc
    A buddy of mine works at an investment house in Germany. They dont hire smokers (yeah, thats discrimination, but its in Germany) because a smoker might go for a quick one and the market would make a move, causing the company to loose money!

So he quit, COLD TURKEY.......For a company BMW and boatloads of cash
    That might motivate me to quit.

old-man is offline Junior Member
    i smoked for years.. im am fixing to do my second cycle now and i have stopped smoking i went to www.smokeaway.com and its just like they say..i could have stopped taking the oills in 4 days but i completed the 7 days worth.. and the good thing is its all natrual... no nicketine at all. i9 have stopped for a month now and i can tell a diff, just in my breathing when i wake up.. before it was like i couldnt get any air.. now its a lot better, and i joined a gym... instead of my garage.. so i am hoping to see alot more gain in size this time around.

Mr.gH is offline Associate Member
    I smoked weed for many years and recently found an article that detailed some of its side effects. Sure it will make you concentrate, well atleast think your concentrating ( i mean who knows your high). But weed also boosts your estrogen production meaning greater chance of bitch tits while on cycle and puffy, soft looking muscle while not. Either way it's a personal choice, just depends on how commited you are to your body.

Smoking is not necessarily a sign of weakness, but being addicted to cigarettes is a sign of weakness

Slypknot is offline Member
    Originally posted by SwoleDiesel662
    Smoking is not necessarily a sign of weakness, but being addicted to cigarettes is a sign of weakness
    Sorry bro - addiction, regardless of the chemical or activity, is not a sign of weakness.

If ya think about it, everyone has a vice...for some it's the gym, for others it's fuckin, smokin, drinkin, etc - and as time goes on these build into habits/addictions to the point where we do not feel 'good' without using them.

Now just try and picture life without ANY vices. No smoking, drinking, junk food, lifting OR ANYTHING else you use as an escape from the everyday life stresses....

Now who's weak?

Personally I believe the initial REASON for smoking is always weak. I mean I think back when I started and realize MAN was I ever dedicated to making damn sure I mastered this smoking thing! Puking, getting dizzy, sick, etc - but just kept on smokin! and for what??? to be cool?

Now that's weak.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    We need ashtrays on the squat rack! And beer coolers on the back of the exer-bikes! F' yeah! That's awesome! I have trouble doing skulls while lighting Pall-Mall No-filter! ah...I guess I'll get it aventually!
    I used to smoke, off and on...hell, if you had an wife like my ex I assure you you'd be injecting more than Juice! I can remember I had quit, and at the time I lifted in my house. I'd be benching or something and she'd walk into the room and light a smoke or joint or something. I was like get the Fuck out of here with that shit! Especially while I'm lifing! Of course it was my fault!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Never liked it, not an issue. Does anyone ever truly enjoy their first smoke? I wonder why they tried another one . . .
    Supposedly you can boil an ounce of weed with a pound of butter, and when let the pot cool, the butter solidifies at the top and absorbs all the magic from the grass. Makes some killer spread for the morning toast, from what I understand. Or popcorn, or whatever . .

Addiction in general is a sign of addiction, not specifically addiction to cigarettes. Being obese is a sign of weakness. There are many signs of weakness, smoking addiction is only one. Going to the gym is different than smoking because one tends to go to the gym for self improvement, or because one likes it.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Not being able to give something up is a sign of weakness. Hell I'l ladmit I'm weak cause I can't give up the gym. As for smoking whether cigarettes or weed....why the hell eat right, train right, sleep right, when you're just doing that crap.....that'd be like going to a sky diving school, getting certified, carefully packing your chute, double checking your chute, and then jumping out of the plain without it. Just makes NO sense to me. Smoke what ya like.....only killing yourself.

bigreb is offline Associate Member
    As far as smoking is a sign of weakness..why,cause i'm addicted and can't stop? I can't stop wacking off either, or lifting without juice. I think alot of non-juicers would consider using AS's a crutch and a sign of weakness. I say "fuckem all"!! I'm fricken addicted to everything I like. Oh, and to all that can't understand why a person would want to eat right, sleep right, and train hard, only to ruin your health with those nasty cigarettes? I must have forgot how AS's are natures way to a perfect liver funtion, and kidney friendly, and heart healthy, not to mention my raisin size nuts. Everybody's got there own shit! BTW, i smoke and juice, and occasionally light up between sets of tricep kickbacks, which is a real mans exercise. Oh shit, i've been really babbling, i've got to go finish the dishes. Peace

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well there is a safe way and intelligent way to do steroids ....but by all means please explain to me how there's a safe way or an intelligent way to smoke. Besides ciggarettes one of the only products I know that if used properly and as directed causes death.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Comeon TEx! You know if you can use a cigarette as a Supposatory! Does the same thing right makes everything smell like shit!
    Here's the other thing, my dad had quit for like 15 years or so then my sister tries the old AXE herself and starts back up about 14 years ago. Now I don't want him to start, because it seems that if you quit when you're older, you're gonna get the big C quicker than if you don't! It's a scary F'n Equation!

Smoking causes lung cancer and AS can speed up the cancer that the cigarettes cause, thus killing you faster, keep it up! I think 1 or 2 cigarettes a week would be pretty safe though (can't come up with an intelligent way to smoke though), but then one would not be addicted to it.

And yes, being addicted without being able to stop IS a sign of weakness!

Steele is offline Member
    in response to durbin22,
    isn't that what juice abusers do too? (Key word being abusers)

Thread Information