CroatianSensation is offline New Member

Alcohol and steroids???

Can u drink and alcohol while on steriods , i know your not supposed to but could you maybe have a few???!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    You won't die if you drink a few but not on a regular basis. It hinders your gains and puts added stress on your liver.

Mike Guest
    well said arthur - it's a matter of how much you will hinder your training but NOT a matter of drug interaction - the choice is yours

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    yes the chocie is yours. Im not going to lie but i did have the occassional beer or two while on my cycle. But never even though about drinking more then two, or two day in a row for that matter. But beer is a good source of carbs LOL but try and stay away from it. They are right!

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    IMO... Its just more wear and tear on the liver.

GearCowboy is offline New Member
    Why risk it? You are spending a large amount of money on gear, and alcohol can only hurt your gains. I read an article that stated as little as two beers can slow down protein synthesis as much as 30%. Plus it's harsh on the liver.

Ta TownBacker is offline Junior Member
    Well, I have heard all this talk, and I can say that I drank 3 nights a week, pretty heavily this summer while on a winny cycle, and gained a ton of strength, and lost body fat. I ate well, but every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I got drunk and was fine. You guys need to live alittle, what is the fun in life if you aren't gonna drink? I think guys who don't drink because they are worried thye won't gain strength or will gte fat, are the ones blessed with bad genetics like my buddy WTC (The Boy Who Cried Wolf when it comes to cycling and Partying), I could end drinking and hour before a maxout, where he was resting and drinking water and still out bench, squat, vert, and 40 yd him, no problem!

WTC

T T B

...........GOOD JOKE.............

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Alchol inhibts gains why spend all that money on AS and not gat the max gains you can

peaker is offline Senior Member
    i agree with pureanger, i think its about discipline mate, if you are doing a cycle then you are doing it to gain.

Good luck

Peaker

BigPete is offline Associate Member
    I like to drink and go out on the weekends and haven't noticed anything from it. I eat right and work out hard all week long so when saturday comes it's time to hit the town.

Ta TownBacker is offline Junior Member
    No Joke intended, I drink pretty heavily all the time, gains might be inhibited by .001%, I'll take that to have a little fun.

Ta Townbacker

Jarhed is offline Associate Member
    GearCB,

I think I read the same article, but don't remember where I saw it. I figure it this way, I know full well that alcohol does hinder gains, whether you guys are willing to admit it or not. Now, you may be at the age where you really want to go out and experience all the clubs and chasing women and so on, but quite honestly, if you are keeping your eyes on the prize (a huge ripped body that any BB judge will love), you'll stay away from going out drinking.

Honestly, I have a bottle of Tequila in the house now. Haven't touched it in a month. Got it when I was coming across at San Ysidro. Yeah, I like the occasional buzz, but I like my liver and the idea of beating Ronnie Coleman on stage more . I guess it's just a question of where you are in life. I just turned 37 years old, this is my last chance to bring home the big trophies, and I dont like the idea of pissing my hard earned AS down the toilet while I'm dehydrating after a night of chasing cheap, bar pussy.

I guess what I'm saying is this. MAKE A CHOICE, YOU CANT HAVE BOTH. Sit at home, watch movies, chat on AR.com, maybe have one cold one every now and again (as long as you aint messing with any orals), but you should NOT be going out risking your liver and flushing your expensive AS while bar hopping looking for some herpes infected, whiney assed, underaged little piece of ass that is just going to suck your wallet away as payment for your boinking anyway. Use your hand for your 10 week cycle!

(do you really want to meet your future wife in a bar anyway? )

Just my .02

Mr. Hed

THE JU-ICE is offline Associate Member
    If you made the choice to gear up you should have anticipated being dry for the duration. If you do decide to drink, take milk thisle if you aren't already. It will help your liver a little bit.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    I'm a pretty heavy drinker and I don't think that I'll ever stop. I do notice that when I do get really fucked up dehydrated drunk I'm never in the gym for at least 24 hours, sometimes 2 days and there have been times I had to take 3 days off. I'm sure that drinking will be the death of me, I've already passed out and been taken to the hospital because my liver failed on me about 4 years ago, they said that it was overworked and not to drink for 6 months then come back for an L.F.T. Well the first thing that I did was go get a drink at the bar when they released me from the hospital and I never went back for the liver function test. If I can fuction normally and still be able to train then I don't need to know how fucked up I am. I just know that orals will nver be an option for me.

Jarhed is offline Associate Member
    G-Child,

Please dont take this the wrong way but that is about the most irresponsible self-destructive behavior I think I've ever seen. You sound almost proud of the fact that your liver is dying under the weight of all that alcohol. I pray that you arent using ANY AS because that will just speed along your certain premature demise. I personally dont think it's funny that you decided to go have a drink after being released from the hospital for liver problems. I know, none of my business but quite honestly man, have you ever seen a cadaver? Not something to take lightly. I truly hope you get help with your drinking. We'd like to see you on this board for a while.

Originally posted by G Child
    I'm a pretty heavy drinker and I don't think that I'll ever stop. I do notice that when I do get really fucked up dehydrated drunk I'm never in the gym for at least 24 hours, sometimes 2 days and there have been times I had to take 3 days off. I'm sure that drinking will be the death of me, I've already passed out and been taken to the hospital because my liver failed on me about 4 years ago, they said that it was overworked and not to drink for 6 months then come back for an L.F.T. Well the first thing that I did was go get a drink at the bar when they released me from the hospital and I never went back for the liver function test. If I can fuction normally and still be able to train then I don't need to know how fucked up I am. I just know that orals will nver be an option for me.
    I hope this is a joke. You won't be happy when your in the hospital waiting for someone to die so you can get a liver transplant. I'm sure you will conviently become religious in the hospital on your death bed too. "Oh God please let me live, I won't do anything stupid like this again." Perhaps you should value your life a little more. My little story was a reality for someone I knew. Luckily, he got a liver. BTW, he doesn't drink or do drugs anymore either.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Actually it's not a joke and I know that it's somewhat destructive behavior. As of right now I drink alot less, that happened 4 years ago when I was a little younger. Now I do drink but it's usually only on the weekends and don't get smashed EVERYTIME I drink.

CroatianCrippler is offline New Member
    Hey good to see another cro on the forum and we both know us croatians always need a few drinks actually make a lot of drinks lol. I heard sljivovica and deca make an awesome mass gaining combo lol.

Zivili Hrvati

Originally posted by G Child
    Actually it's not a joke and I know that it's somewhat destructive behavior. As of right now I drink alot less, that happened 4 years ago when I was a little younger. Now I do drink but it's usually only on the weekends and don't get smashed EVERYTIME I drink.
    Good to hear bro.

I drink on the weekends too but when cycling, I cut it down a lot.

Thread Information