cdog is offline Associate Member

Gear and immune system

Whats up brothers had a question .I was told that AS will tear down your system and give you cancer .It seams to me that when you lift hard you are going to break down muscle right ?So this alone would put a stress on your immune system .So if AS helps in recovery wouldent help the immune system .Also The cancer thing has me buged also I mean if you dont have cancer but may have a certin cell that could develope later
    would the use of AS make this cell more active .example like may be prostate or something and by useing AS you would end up geting it.Any thoughts.Peace. And my question is in directed to low cycles ie not useing alot of gear but reasonable cycles.
    Last edited by cdog; 04-11-2003 at 01:36 PM.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think some people have initial sus flu like syptoms when first getting on but generally those on gear for a long time find their immune system improved. AAS may possibly help make a cancer grow but I don't think their are any significant conclusive studies to show that it causes cancer. I personally thing estrogen is more related to cancer problems then testosterone .

Slypknot is offline Member
    Let's face it - The following MAY cause cancer: smoking, exposure to the sun, eating sugar substitutes, using AS, being outside, hanging out in bars, breathing, eating, drinking, etc....

The morale? Avoiding cancer is a full time job leaving very little for what I'd consider a 'full life'. Just can't get around it so live life to the fullest and enjoy what ya can while you're here...

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    Bump

MDMA is offline Banned
    Umm... its been my experience that my immune system is through the roof when on gear. I cant get sick if I tried. Lots of glutamine may attribute to this as well however.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    The morale? Avoiding cancer is a full time job leaving very little for what I'd consider a 'full life'. Just can't get around it so live life to the fullest and enjoy what ya can while you're here... [/B][/QUOTE]

Very true brother very true!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    i usually feel like i have a light fever for about one day or so during the first week of a cycle. I think this is because of the shock my body is undergoing. From then on, my immune is great.

sceptic13 is offline New Member
    I think most know of the possibilty of post-cycle immune system deficiency due to an increased cortisol (stress Hormone) / androgen ratio. But Anabolics 2000 suggests the possibilty of increased cortisol levels DURING a cycle. The calim is that the steroids may interfere with the ability of the body to clear corticosteroids from circulation, due to the fact that in their respective pathways of metabolism these hormones share certain enzymes. When the androgens compete for the same enzymes cortisol may be broken down at a slower rate thus leading to a build up with an increased suseptibility to illness.

Thread Information