Maximus_Pecs is offline Associate Member

Question Solid Gains vs No Gains

A friend and myself decided earlier this year to start our first cycles. We have been working out for 6 years straighthave made great gains naturally until about 2 years ago when we both hit a wall. We both played with diet and workout routines but nothing really made a large differance.

So after quite a bot of research for 6 months we decided to turn to the juice to bulk up. I have listed our stats and cycles below.

Me
    Age 29
    Height 5'9
    Weight 209 Currently(10 weeks in to cycle) 185 prior to cycle
    BF ~12%(10 weeks in to cycle and prior ot cycle)

Cycle
    week 1-4 30mg D-Bol ED
    week 1-15 400mg QV Test Cyp
    week 1-15 400mg QV Eq
    week 1-15 HCG 500iu twice week each week
    week 16-17 HCG 2500iu spreadout through week
    Liquidex at .5 mg ed
    Nolva on hand for post cycle and gyno.

Friend
    Age 23
    Height 5'10
    Weight 205 Currently(7 weeks in to cycle) 205 prior to cycle
    BF ~10% prior to cycle not sure 7 weeks into cycle

Cycle
    week 1-15 400mg QV Test Cyp
    week 1-15 400mg QV Eq
    week 16-17 HCG 2500iu spreadout through week
    Nolva on hand for post cycle and gyno.

We both consume similar diets. I won't go into detail but if you have questions please ask.
    Protein 300-350 grams day
    Carbs 400-600 grams day
    Fat 40-100 grams day

This is divided into about 8 meals a day

I'm in my 10th week have gone form 185 to 209 and my strength is through the roof. It was noticable to me the secoind week obviously because of the D-Bol, but just continued once I completed the D-Bol. My weight has held steady for the past 2 weeks but I have lost a considerable amount of fat but strength continues to go up.

Where things get interesting is my friend is in his 7th week and has gained 3 pounds and his strength is exactly the same. He has some bloat in the stomach area but that is all he has noticed.

Its safe to day that my friend is a bit disappointed in his results so i promised him I'd post this so you guys can take a look. Any ideas on why hes not making any gains?

BTW the gear is legit as we know the source very well and we have the same batch numbers. everything from the holograms/wrapping is identical and everything is inline to everything that I have read about legit QV gear.
    Last edited by Maximus_Pecs; 04-12-2003 at 10:38 PM.

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    your friend is only in weekd seven he should'nt get to frusterated, but he should be feelin some good str gains, besides he did't use the d-ball right?.. that would have jump started your mabye too long cycle, you may want to trhow a little clomid in on the end, although the nolva should work fine but ,alot of bro's on here combine the two at the end

Bigwillystyle,

the crazy thing is that he has NO strength gains at all. Its like hes getting side effects such as lack of sleep, slightly higher aggresion, testical atrophy(he told me I didn't check), and bloat. I've noticed most people start noticing strength and weight gains by week 4 or 5. Anyone else with any ideas.

Bump... Any comments on this guys?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe his dosages aren't high enough...it is entirely possible that his system isn't welcoming the juice, however my recommendation would be to bump the eq or cyp up to 600 ASAP since he is only half way. right about now is when the eq should kick if it already hasn't, so tweaking some dosages now might help him see better results.

definitely an interesting topic here, maybe tomorrow more can help shed light on this...

daem thanks for the reply. I was also thinking he should raise the dosage. I'm just really suprised that he has showed no gains at all only side effects.

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    he was a little heavier than u at the start so maybye the therory of weighing more= higher doses?? which i know is'nt alway the case i started at 218 and got as high as 242, of eight weeks of qv cyp @350-400 per week, so who knows unless he is really skipping out on all the food he should be eating?? you got me wondering too

bump

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Wouldnt a lower dose in such a case work?

Bump

So he is now in week eight and still no gains but he sides are all there. this is really a strange situation. I think he is going to up the test to 750g as and start liquidex to control the estro. What do you guys think?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You say he has lack of sleep, it looks like he is only consuming around 3200-3500 calories and you don't know whether he has lost any bodyfat. I think I would look at my diet, training, and rest. You were 20 lbs lighter then this guy when you started so having the same routines and diet may not work for him. It is unusual not to see any strength or weight gains at this point.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    This is both a very interesting and a very disconcerting post. I'd like to know the answer to this, but now I have to accept the very real possibility that some people just don't respond to aas.

Thanks for the post Rickosn you always have great posts that have helped me quite a bit when it comes to learning about AAS. My friend has increased his calorie consumption over the past two weeks to 4000-4500 a day. He has even gone to the extent of drinking a myoplex shake every 1 1/2 hours. He has gained about 6 pounds but it looks like water and fat as his strength has not increased at all. He sure has a hard time getting a full 8-9 hours of sleep as I do myself but I he "should" be seeing some gains.

I understand that some people need higher doses before they respond. I was speaking to another friend that took Deca at 450mg a week for 6 weeks and had nearly no gains. He then went up to 900mg(!) of deca a week and ended up with a 20lb gain in the last 6 weeks of his cycle.

BigGreen I'm starting to look at it myself as AAS might not work for some individuals. If this is the case I'm very interested to know what medical reason there might be for this to take place. I'm searching around and will post anything viable that I find. If anyone can lend some insight it is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Maximus_Pecs; 04-20-2003 at 12:13 AM.

Thread Information