hully is offline Junior Member

I think I hit a nerve...

No big deal, just curious to know if it was a nerve I hit or what? I put the pin into my calf slow as usual and all of a sudden, I felt like a jolt in my calf and within the blink of an eye I had pulled the pin back out without even noticing I did! So I tried it again an inch higher and everything was fine. The area is just a little more sore than usual. Is that what happened, did I hit a nerve?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    most likely...i have never hit a nerve in my calf before but it happens in my delt most frequently.

ill prick myself and then the immediate twitch causes me to pull the needle out just as you described. pain is bearable but may be sorer over the next few days.

if there was no gush of blood then it was just a nerve, so don't worry about it as the pain will subside relatively quick.

did you hit your inner or outer part of the calf? i find injecting the outer causes slightly higher pain than the inner since the head is smaller.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Sounds like you hit a nerve. Ouch huh?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    So, what if you hit a nerve? Why is it necessary to pull out? I remember in the past injecting into the delt and the muscle twitching as i stuck the needle in. But i did aspirate , and everything was fine(so i think). Just curious about the consequences, thanks for any imput

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    You hit a nerve alright.

It's kinda unnerving.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by 956Vette
    So, what if you hit a nerve? Why is it necessary to pull out? I remember in the past injecting into the delt and the muscle twitching as i stuck the needle in. But i did aspirate, and everything was fine(so i think). Just curious about the consequences, thanks for any imput
    He probably didn't pull out intentionally. When you get that jolt of hitting a nerve, you tend to pull out as a reaction.

Originally posted by XBiker

He probably didn't pull out intentionally. When you get that jolt of hitting a nerve, you tend to pull out as a reaction.
    Thats exactly right, I didn't mean to pull out, it was just the reaction I had, besides I don't think I would of pulled back just a little bit and tried it again in the same hole just to irritate the nerve again! Oh, and to answer Daem, it put it in the outer calf. I think I'll try the inners next time.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Hey Hully....How you liking your cycle so far?

still growin is offline Member
    Originally posted by 956Vette
    So, what if you hit a nerve? Why is it necessary to pull out? I remember in the past injecting into the delt and the muscle twitching as i stuck the needle in. But i did aspirate, and everything was fine(so i think). Just curious about the consequences, thanks for any imput
    You must not have hit a nerve yet. Nerves not only control twitching and movement, but also send pain and other info to your brain. It outright hurst, and is sore for days! (in my case at least)

superman1975 is offline New Member
    if you hit a nerve you would know it--when i did my whole arm went numb---sounds like you put it through a tendon or ligament

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by superman1975
    if you hit a nerve you would know it--when i did my whole arm went numb---sounds like you put it through a tendon or ligament
    how would i hit a tendon or ligament when i was injecting into the middle of my delt? I guess i didnt really hit a nerve. But i am still wondering why the muscle twitched.

Originally posted by still growin

You must not have hit a nerve yet. Nerves not only control twitching and movement, but also send pain and other info to your brain. It outright hurst, and is sore for days! (in my case at least)
    Are you sure it wasn't a nerve? As far as it down right hurting and being sore for days, how fast did you inject? Maybe you injected fast enough to actually go into a nerve and that is why it hurt so bad. As for me, I injected so slow that the very instant I felt a "shock" in my leg I had pulled back. So I think the second I hit what I still think is a nerve, it basically told me to not go any farther or there would be hell to pay. So again, I think if I had pushed the pin in any faster than I would have actually gone into the nerve and probably caused the pain you say you've experieced.

Originally posted by BrownBomber
    Hey Hully....How you liking your cycle so far?
    Things are awesome so far. Everyone I see is telling me how good I look and how much I've grown. I started the cycle at 177 give or take a pound and I am now 194.5 finishing my fourth week. I never in a million years thought I would gain this much this fast. As far as strength gains, I'm increasing an average of 10 lbs. a week on big muscle groups and around 5lbs. on the smaller muscles. I do seem to be stuck at around 193 these last couple of weeks though. I don't know if I will be able to put any more weight on or not. I originally wanted to be atleast 190 after the cycle, but since I'm there half way through the cycle, I'm going for 200!! Damn that will be sweet if I can get there. As far as side effects go, I don't get the hard ons like I did before the cycle and sometimes it dies halfway through making whoopee which the wife does not like too much, but she's dealing with it. The only other thing is I've noticed that my tolerance for being annoyed is a lot shorter than usual, but nothing that is out of control. If I had to rate my cycle on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate it at a nine, and thats only because I would like to run more test than I currently am (250 mg's a week). If I ever learn how to post my before and after pics I will do so, but every time I try to it tells me my pictures are too big and when I try to make them smaller, they just get blurry. Maybe one of these days I'll figure it out. Peace.

still growin is offline Member
    Originally posted by hully
    Are you sure it wasn't a nerve? As far as it down right hurting and being sore for days, how fast did you inject? Maybe you injected fast enough to actually go into a nerve and that is why it hurt so bad. As for me, I injected so slow that the very instant I felt a "shock" in my leg I had pulled back. So I think the second I hit what I still think is a nerve, it basically told me to not go any farther or there would be hell to pay. So again, I think if I had pushed the pin in any faster than I would have actually gone into the nerve and probably caused the pain you say you've experieced.
    Well my bro did the inject for me in my glute. I didn't watch close enough and he did it in more of my hip. He just poked it through the skin and didn't even get it in all the way. I f@#king hollered get the bitch out! It was shooting pain through my whole leg and arse, and when he pulled it out, I layed on the floor for a few minutes cursing him. It bled a good little bit, and was sore for a while. I touched it by accident a day after and it hurt like a sob! I think he either hit a nerve, went through a vein, both, or hit my bone! lol But trust me, If it was a nerve he hit, I wouldn't have been able to stand the aspiration let alone the injection. I have three tattoos too, so I have felt some alright pain before. Don't let this scare anyone, this is the first time me or my buddy have ever hit anything before.

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    i hate hitting nerves, it makes me nervous!

FancyLad is offline Junior Member
    has anyone ever hit a vein...how bad is it?

Thread Information