Lansky is offline New Member

Testosterone while currently on Cipralex (SSRI) and Accutane

Hey guys,

Long time viewer, first time poster here.

Just a bit of background, I'm 31 years old (Male). Activity level is moderate, go to the gym twice a week, play competitive inline hockey in a mens league and Golf on the weekends (if that counts). I've done 2 cycles before when I was 21 (Test Prop) and 23 (Test250 + Fina).

I'm 5"7, 168lbs and 18% BF. Decent diet. Here's my question.

I'm currently taking 20mg a day of Cipralex (Lexapro) for anxiety and 40mg of Accutane every other day mainly for the Acne / scarring that was left on my back cause from the cycle that I did when I was 23. Both medications are by prescription from my GP and derm.

I want to start training again and getting into better shape again and wanted to know if down the road I should or can take something to give me that extra boost / edge. I don't want to go crazy, just something small "baby" if you will. This obviously wouldn't happen until I started becoming more physical, cleaner diet and a much lower BF %.

My questions are:

1. Can I be taking anything while I'm on these 2 medications or is it advised not too? Will there be any interactions?
    2. I was thinking of Testosterone Enanthate 100mgs / week or Testosterone Cypionate 100mgs / week. Followed by a PCT of HCG and Clomid. Which is recommended?

What are you opinions / comments / suggestions?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Lansky; 05-28-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Anyone?

DanB is offline Banned
    Ok my opinion is this, I was on lexapro 40mg day and it wasn't for anxiety and I doubt yours is either, , while in theory it can deal with various forms of anxiety I doubt this is the case with you since you never specified what form you were treating and it isn't a common treatment to begin with

consult your doc first and deal with any issues you may have

With regards the cycle its poor, have a look at the stickys and other threads where proper first cycles, a.i , hcg , pct have been outlined, soak that info like a sponge, consult your doc regarding your ssri then make an informed decision

Best of luck

Thanks Dan. My SSRI is for anxiety / depression. With regards to the cycle, the whole purpose of it is just to give me a little boost, nothing too crazy to make me noticeably bigger, but rather just well defined.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    A long time viewer ? if you viewed this forum for 2 weeks you would have a better idea?

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansky
    Thanks Dan. My SSRI is for anxiety / depression. With regards to the cycle, the whole purpose of it is just to give me a little boost, nothing too crazy to make me noticeably bigger, but rather just well defined.
    Like you said and what I thought, depression

Not saying it in bad way at all, but thinking of your health

Don't use steroids until you deal with the underlying issues you have, good chance they will make matters worse in long run

Next step for you is zispin and trust me, you don't want to go there

What are your daily macros?

Chances are that you can gain by simply tweaking your diet

I have been viewing this forum for a few years actually to be honest. I've just recently been on these Rx's for the last 8 weeks or so. I have yet to find someone who's currently taking SSRI + Accutane + wanting to go on Test. Unless, I completely missed something here?

DanB is offline Banned
    I have been viewing this forum for a few years actually to be honest. I've just recently been on these Rx's for the last 8 weeks or so. I have yet to find someone who's currently taking SSRI + Accutane + wanting to go on Test. Unless, I completely missed something here?
    I have used ssri and accutane

Many members have and are still on ssri but you know yourself some people don't like to broadcast it

What are your stats

You need deal with your issues first

Do you speak to anybody/go to any meetings/groups?

DanB is offline Banned
    And I assume your doc started you at 5mg and ranped up as this is standard protocol for lexapro

It takes minimum 3 months before you can assess if it has improved basic quality of life, let the meds do the work, don't add more unknowns (aas) as you need to seriously take a step back for 6-12 months and get your head together

In future you will have plenty of time to use aas when your in a better place mentally

Fair enough. I don't know what my daily macro's are as I haven't kept log of my daily food intake (yet).

I don't go to any meetings / groups. I have close relatives to turn to for anything I need to. Obviously, I'm not withholding anything here, but my case is pretty mild to be honest. I don't have any "issues" just have / had those days where I'd have really low self esteem, feel sad for no reason what so ever. I'd have those days more often than a "happy" day. There was no specific issue as to why I was "depressed".

I started with 20mg off the bat. I was on Celexa for 3 years before, stopped taking it (2 years ago) and just started again w Cipralex (part of the Celexa family). I've been on this train before, so I'm not new to it.

So I guess back to the original question, if I'm currently taking this SSRI + Accutane is it still possible to do a low dosage of test e + pct of hgc and clomid or are there any interactions and / or not advised to do so?

By the way, thank you for all your input, much appreciated!

DanB is offline Banned
    Can you post what you eat on daily basis then?

Don't know if you know this and I ain't trying to lecture you but if you feel like that then there is an issue somewhere, confidencex self asteem, I don't know but its there trust me, meds only cover it up, you come off the lexapro and back to square one

You use aas now and I give it a good chance that you head will be up your hole and you will regret it, aas won't fix your issues, neither will muscles

You need to identify whatever it is that makes you feel like that and deal with it,

And dont say a seratonin inbalance and the lexaopro will fix it, sorry but that's b.s you need to identify and deal with whatever is causing the ''seratonin imbalance''

I always laugh at that because the people who market the ssri have no way to prove that a seratonin imbalance is even possible
    Last edited by DanB; 05-28-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Protein shake + Bowl of plain oatmeal in the morning + Tea
    Apple or Two between breakfast and lunch + water
    Tuna sandwich with small salad + water
    Snack on some nuts + water
    Grilled chicken with rice or fresh whole fish with rice + water
    Protein shake

Above is a general idea of my daily regiment.

No, I completely understand that you're not trying to lecture, but in all honesty, there's not one specific point that I can address to explain the reason why I feel down on myself sometimes. I'm not a bad looking guy by any means, I do get my fair share of girls, but that only happens when I'm on a "good" day.

Just lately, been a little down on myself and I remember when I was on stuff I felt like I was on top of the world and unstoppable. Which I guess is another reason to wanting to dive into it again, but on a softer approach.

papa-g is offline Member
    Here's my 2¢. With what I've read about your conversation with Dan. He's 100% right on getting your $hit together. First. I've been on several different Rx for anxiety due to my job. Very high stress. Add to that the fact that you think you need a boost just to get back in the gym and I'd say you are heading in the wrong direction. With your basic stats and info you can do what you want and look better by eating clean and working harder. I know you said you've done a few cycles before and my guess is you had no clue what you were doing based on you proposed cycle plan. It sucks. That is the kind of dose your Dr puts you on for TRT. Which leads me to my next point. Did you do any kind of pct back when you were younger? If not that may be some reasons you are suffering from the disorders you are now. Cuz if you dint pct then due to your age then ur test levels may never stabilized leaving unproductive and lazy thus becoming emotionally unhappy and so on and so forth. So to sum up my babbling wait a while. Talk to your Dr. And hang around and READ.

Good luck to you.

Thanks Papa. I did do a PCT back then, and I've recently had a physical (prior to starting the Cipralex) to check my Test levels which my Dr. said were completely normal and stable. Just for the sake of argument though, I've been clean for the last 8 years I would say, wouldn't everything be out of my system already and everything be running "normal" as it should?

Thanks again.

papa-g is offline Member
    Thanks Papa. I did do a PCT back then, and I've recently had a physical (prior to starting the Cipralex) to check my Test levels which my Dr. said were completely normal and stable. Just for the sake of argument though, I've been clean for the last 8 years I would say, wouldn't everything be out of my system already and everything be running "normal" as it should?

Thanks again.
    It should. That's the key word. Souls. I'm open to PM if you have any specific questions. I can answer or turn you over to longstanding vet if I don't know the answer. I'd like to know more about what's going on I your head do build up those posts. Read alot and pm me if you think I can help. Sometimes I just hate open forum.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    SSRI's usually lower tamox effectiveness by altering the liver enzymes.
    So be sure to plan out a good PCT. You could take more, but since the inhibition is different in different people, i cant really say to take 'x' amount more b/c of the Cipralex. I can take a look and see how much inhibition it does ( i have a few papers on this topic) but it will be a lil bit before i can get back to you on this.

and i just saw ur plan of PCT with HCG and clomid. Thats not a very good PCT, you will want to do some more research on that before starting.

Quote Originally Posted by papa-g View Post
    It should. That's the key word. Souls. I'm open to PM if you have any specific questions. I can answer or turn you over to longstanding vet if I don't know the answer. I'd like to know more about what's going on I your head do build up those posts. Read alot and pm me if you think I can help. Sometimes I just hate open forum.
    Hey papa, I wouldn't mind poking you, but I don't think I have that ability to yet on the site as I just started posting for the first time. I really would like to look into this and would like to go on that mild / soft cycle as again, I don't want to "bulk" up, but rather just get that slight edge at the gym, etc.

I really appreciate everyone's help and input so far in the matter and would love to hear more if anyone has any knowledge on the original post.

Thanks again all.

Thread Information