steve1 is offline Junior Member

Hormone replacment therapy

hey guys, I probably need an expert opinion here so here goes.

I have been recently diagnosed with hypogonadism (Low test)
    (this wasnt from abuse of anything ,just natural)

I am 27, and my doc gave me androgel ,now this will just bring up my test to normal levels.

Now i wanna know if I cycle to build mass/muscle would I still need Clomid or HCG ...seeing how i would be back on the androgel after i cycle off ??,Would I still need to stimulate my natural production?? cause its already low and the gel is giving me exogenous test.I still plan on running proviron and nolv during my cycle.

It seems the gains would be easiar to keep in my case cause my test levels will really never drop off.

Becasue my doc says this is a judmental call on my part as to starting long term hormone replacment therpy...What would u guys do in my situation?....I mean i can live with low test..but my quality of life in terms of mood and my body composition will always be on the down side.
    any help would be appreciated.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    are you planning on doing a cycle without the doctor's knowledge with the androgel or are you just planning on using the androgel by itself?

i ask because my response will be different depending on your answer

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Let me get this straight?? Iti is up to you if you want to get test legally prescribed by your doc?? Very nice!! i would still run clomid therapy but I am not expert on this. IMO--I would pm Rickson, he could be of more help to you in this area bro.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Well i was planning on running a cycle ,not with the androgel as I will have enuff test without it,but using it after, noramlly as my daily rub in dose.

Yes I am getting it prescribed legally,of course it will only be in therapeutic dosages.....I asked about clomid because it is used as a natural test kickstarter ..and if im on androgel is there any point to takin it if i am continually taking test?

The Butcher is offline Member
    Ask JohnnyB. I believe he is on HRT, and he cycles on it. He'd probably know the answer. He does use HCG , but I'll let him tell you why.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Does your Doctor plan on keeping you on therapy forever? Do you want to be on therapy forever? Did you get diagnosed purposely or are you having a legitimate problem? Do you want kids? This information is important in determining whether you should bridge with androgel between cycles.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    As The Butcher said, I'm on HRT. Some say why do post cycle therapy if your taking when your on HRT. I do it to get back what little test I got, don't want to have raisens instead of nuts.

I'd tell the Doc, that you are forgetting to rub the gel on once or twice, what ever the dise is. Then ask him for an injectable that way you only need to administer once a week or once every 2 weeks. That way you'll get some USA made testosterone , Upjohn cypionate 100-200mg/ml.

When I do a cycle I stop my HRT dose and go with my cycle doses. I use hcg at 500-1000iu 2 consecutive days a week, right now I'm at 750iu.

If you have any other questions I'll answer them if I can and someone else hasn't, but I won't be back on until tonite or tomarrow.

JohnnyB

Thnax for the quick response guys...

rickson....yes i do have a legitmate prob, FSh is out of whack thus leading to low test...kids part..i have had sperm frozen in case I become totally sterile..i am a unique case they said ,and it up to me weather my qulaity of life is suffering that bad in terms of being on it long term

Johnny...do u use HCG all the time at 2 days a week or just whiel cycling?..what is your HRT doasages and does you plan pay for it or u get it on your own?...yes I agree with u I do still want some natural test in my body so i guess its good to use clomid or hcg?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    No I don't, but SWALE who's a HRT Dr. recomends 250-500iu for HRT and 500-1000iu for cycles, just to keep the nuts normal. I think hcg and nolva works after a cycle to get your natty test back up to where it was before. When you are on HRT it's not going to get it to normal ranges, but having my nut at normal size sure help mentally. So after the cycle I do post cycle therapy then start my HRT dose, which is 200mg e2w but I do 100mg ew.

JohnnyB

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't personally recover but I do use HCG every 5-8 weeks for appearance. I think in your case I agree with Johnny and think you should do a recovery regimen and then when you are done start the androgel . No reason to rush into full time HRT therapy if there is any chance of recovery.

Thanx guys..... big help

a couple more things....first off my endocrionologist says using HCG or anti-e is not mainstream accepted medicine for treatment of hypogonadism and is used moslty for women.So any recovery regimen will have to be done on my own and without the prescrip of a doc.

So from what i take it u guys cycle on then when u go off,u follow through with the recovery regimen..then start HRT again?

lastly...have any of u guys done research on side effects of long term HRT ...I mean after 5 years and up? Just curious... info is hard to find.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    lastly...have any of u guys done research on side effects of long term HRT ...I mean after 5 years and up? Just curious... info is hard to find.
    ======================================

There was an article in Muscular Development a few months ago about some guy who's been on AS since the 1960's and he's still going strong.
    Don't know that there's been much official studies done extended periods on HRT . . . needs to be some done. Guess you and me will be the guina pigs.

dtdionne is offline Junior Member
    Might as well sign me up too. Im on 10g of androgel ed.

I know this is a tough question to answer but on average, how long should it take a fit 32 year old male to restore natrual test* after being on 250mg cyp ew for 30 weeks with 14 days of post therapy clomid? 2 mon? 4 mon?

And what criteria would you consider to quantify/qualify "restore natural test"? Total Test levels of 200, 400, 600 or 330?

Thx!
    Last edited by dtdionne; 05-07-2003 at 08:18 AM.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    If you are on HRT you are probably not what a doc would call a 'normal healthy male'. Having been on cyp, even at a low dosage, for a long time I would use HCG and clomid to get your levels back up.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Being on HRT also i'm on 10 weeks, last 2 weeks of that i use prop wait a coupla days than 10 days hcg (500iu/day) than back on! That is the most PRESCRIBED course of HRT.

Thread Information