Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

To the those in the know : Steroid induced psychosis

I have had psychosis in the past, a chemical induced one caused by a combination of DNP and Xenadrine. I took the crystal for three days and at 400mg and it led to psychosis, with hallucinations voices etc.

I have heard that steroids induce psychosis. Is this true? How? Im sure you guys will say no if taken properly, but is there a possibility of this happenning to a select few?

Check this out from http://www.drrichardhall.com/steroid.htm
    Various authors reported euphoria and depression to be the major presentations of steroid psychosis while others reported mania, paranoid reactions, schizophrenia and various toxic syndromes.

Check out the site for a full report.
    BTW, I take Zyprexa for psychosis and Depakene (convulsions, also caused by dnp)
    If you can help me out, id be glad. I wanna know the answer.

Also, Im fine now, but if the medicines are taken away im very susceptible to them, if that helps.
    Obviously id be better staying away, but im here to learn so shoot your best answer.
    Peace out

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Glad your doing better Bro.

JohnnyB

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have never heard of this being a problem with anyone. The fact that you have a chemical imbalance now may make adding hormones an unwise choice for you. While many do feel some sense of euphoria on gear I don't think it quite makes it into the pschosis realm for most.

Thanks guys. Anyone else with insights please shoot .

Seems you guys might be doing more danger to yourselves than you think. Take care

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    thanks bro, I'm not too worried. I'm familiar with richard hall- and its all propaganda. but im sure your post was well-intentioned, thanks for the heads up.

PROPAGANDA? I GOT PSYCHOSIS FROM DNP ! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU MIGHT NOT GET IT FROM STEROIDS ??
    Do you have anything to back it up?
    Before you say that, Search Google for Steroid induced psychosis. Thousands of pages come up.
    READ UP! What do you informed guys have to say for christs sake?
    Is this basically an unimformed o k for the usage of steroids (psychosis wise)?!
    Be helpful and dont flame, all well intentioned as said

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    DNP is like swallowing Drano, IMO - it should not be compared to anabolic steroids ... no where near the same category. I wouldn't touch DNP with a 50 foot pin...

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know but I have some DNP on the way so I will let you know if I hear the voices. Maybe you have some type of pre-existing pshyc condition, and the DNP or just the mental load of thinking about DNP has brought it out?

Pain

mammoth is offline Member
    Oh here we go again!

Ok Big_Dan PLEEASE don't get so upset when someone disagrees with you. I've seen it lead to crap threads and so have you.

Listen to what warrior said for it is true. DNP cannot be categorized with AAS in that manner. It sounds like you had a pre-existing condition prior to taking DNP and Xenadrine. Also, If I believed everything that I read I would be a hermit living in a remote island eating twigs and berries. If psychosis was such a prevelant issue with AAS you would definitely be seeing more threads about it on the boards. It is true that there is alot of talk about post-cycle depression, but that is usually brought on by several factors other than AAS, such as anti-e's and the mental thought of being off. I personally categorzie this subject along with roid rage . If you had it before then AAS just gives doctors a scapegoat. I don't believe for a second that AAS causes any sort of psychosis. Psychosis is an mental extreme that should not be thrown around so carelessly. Now I am just rambling so I should just shut-up.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    Originally posted by Big_Dan
    PROPAGANDA? I GOT PSYCHOSIS FROM DNP ! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU MIGHT NOT GET IT FROM STEROIDS ??
    Do you have anything to back it up?
    Before you say that, Search Google for Steroid induced psychosis. Thousands of pages come up.
    READ UP! What do you informed guys have to say for christs sake?
    Is this basically an unimformed o k for the usage of steroids (psychosis wise)?!
    Be helpful and dont flame, all well intentioned as said

yes, what i meant was that richard hall is propaganda. i have had experiences with their organization in the past a few times, and they are uninformed and make undue assumptions quite often and quite carelessly. im not saying that you didnt get any sides from DNP, you very well could be psychotic, im not saying it didnt make you nuts... what i am simply asking is for you not to blindly believe everything that you read. think about the motivation behind them writing that. they treat substance abuse problems, of course it benefits them to present more disorders caused by substances whether they're real or not, they get more business.

and warrior is totally right, DNP is about as far from AS mentally as crack is.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by mammoth
    Oh here we go again!

Ok Big_Dan PLEEASE don't get so upset when someone disagrees with you. I've seen it lead to crap threads and so have you.

Listen to what warrior said for it is true. DNP cannot be categorized with AAS in that manner. It sounds like you had a pre-existing condition prior to taking DNP and Xenadrine. Also, If I believed everything that I read I would be a hermit living in a remote island eating twigs and berries. If psychosis was such a prevelant issue with AAS you would definitely be seeing more threads about it on the boards. It is true that there is alot of talk about post-cycle depression, but that is usually brought on by several factors other than AAS, such as anti-e's and the mental thought of being off. I personally categorzie this subject along with roid rage. If you had it before then AAS just gives doctors a scapegoat. I don't believe for a second that AAS causes any sort of psychosis. Psychosis is an mental extreme that should not be thrown around so carelessly. Now I am just rambling so I should just shut-up.
    For those of you planning to become hermits, please be aware that certain twigs and berries can cause psychosis.

Big_Dan:
    Yes, Steroids can cause psychosis in steroid users. If used with care, this type of reaction is rare, yet it can be exacerbated by an existing chemical imbalance.

So obviously its a nono for me not even in the future, is this correct?
    Right now im being treated for it its been a year since ive had the voices, yet im still on medicine that is holding me back from having another episode.
    Once im a year or so of the medicines and im 19 or so i was planning on using them and have around 3 yrs exp. What do you guys think?
    Obviously youre not my parents and i realize you think i will be brainwashed, but no just want to see some informed opinions.
    Thanks for elaborating btw

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    I would not do more than 200mg of DNP .

Never 400mg with Xenadrine...

And well, It is not a AS...

I've done crazy things, like taking 4 ephedrin 50mg, but with an aspirin... hehehe that shurely shakes your day... HEHEHE

Thread Information