thepath is offline New Member

Exclamation How often should you really administer a long-acting test?

I'm going to discuss the enanthate ester here.

According to calculations of the half-life of the enanthate (by its molecular weight), half of it should remain in the blood 10.5 days after it peaks. That would indicate that it should be admistered every 10.5 days in even dosages, in order to maintain steady levels in the blood.

One theory that supports that test is often too frequently administered would be that by injecting once a week you are building up test levels steadily as more and more test gets mixed in every week despite the presence of the previously administered test; and since test typically takes 3-5 weeks to begin showing gains, the levels by that point are so high that you've really doubled your, say, 500mg dose. The resulting gains are therefore much more noticeable than with a 10.5 day period. (However I, personally, would rather keep my test levels steady in order to be able to accurately quantify the test in my system for the purposes of gauging my susceptibility to androgenic sides at that dosage, and my sensitivity to it in general.)

Yet anecdotal reports state that test enth takes about 3 days to peak in the blood. This is unusual as it typically takes most drugs as long to peak as it does for them to decay to their half-life. Could this be an indication of a shorter half-life (the calculations are theoretical, after all) and consequently that a more frequent administration is more appropriate?

Is anyone here in-tune enough with their body that they can tell me that they sense a lack of test near the end of a 10.5 day administration period?

strollin is offline Associate Member
    I split my weekly dose into 2 shots per week ie mon,thurs. Most guys on this board will agree this is one of the best ways to go.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    The Monday/Thursday split seems to be the most accepted way of shooting any long ester (test enanthate , deca , EQ etc.).

The theory that you brought up about test levels reaching a point higher than your intended dose is not entirely correct. True, that when it comes time for your next dose, there is still active test in your system, the dose you administer is not available right away.

I'll try to elaborate on this in a minute.

-moto

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Bottom line is the more frequent the dose the easier it is to stablize blood levels reguardless of what the ester is.

By the time you get to day 10 there isn't enough test left in the blood the support any gains. Then add the 3 days it'll take for levels to peak (as you said above) and by that time you're going through a mini period of metabolic lag. Not a productive way to run a cycle.

Just my .02

xxxl83

ECFATCAT is offline Associate Member
    I take it the first three days of the week . but Thats because I take over a gram a week. I shoot 17ml of oil a week.

BIG-G is offline Banned
    my deca /enethate shots are administered every 4th day at 150ml/250ml. So basically i have 8 day weeks with the gear split evenly.

thepath is offline New Member
    Originally posted by motoxxxguy
    I'll try to elaborate on this in a minute.

Thread Information