JonBlaze is offline New Member

Question overweight, out of shape &smoke

Hey guys... new user here.. though I'd drop my two cents in and hopefully get a few answers that have probably already been answered a million times, but I couldn't find a specific enough thread to answer my ques/prob.

First off, excellent site... has had me reading nonstop for a week (good time passer @ work) the information is top notch, and the help passed along from user to user is excellent... enuf praise...now the questions

I am 25 yrs old, 5'10, 220 lbs, and out of shape (fat)... I do not workout, or train, no cardio, and I smoke (can it get any worse...) I wear a size 40 pants, and have been self concious about my body for as long as I can remember... I'm not looking for any magic answers, but I have decided to take the first steps in changing my body. I am starting to ride my bike as much as possible, and attempting to quit smoking... I would like to start lifting/training in the next little while, and wondering this: I would like to go on a cycle of something (undecided yet) but should I wait until I can get myself in better physical shape? Or is it as beneficial (or more/less) to begin a cycle when I first start working out?

Any input is muchly appreciated as I have not been able to nail down a definate answer - I'm sure someone must have been in the same boat as myself one time or another...

Anywho, thanks in advance for any input, and I hope to be an active member that will (hopefully) be able to answer some other people's questions in 6 months from now...

Thanks again,
    JonBlaze

blakyr is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro,
    AAS are really for breaking through that barrier that you reach after training for a long period of time. As Peter North stated, you will hear that you need to put in some good time in the gym before anyone will reccomend any kind of cycle. You should defenetly look into some of the supplements you can get at GNC... look for some hydroxycut or some Animal Cuts (i loved) and combine them with a steady workout routine including like 4 days a week lifting and 3-4 days a week cardio, and also a steady diet. You would be surprised at what you can do with all that combined... Good luck bro

JonBlaze is offline New Member

Thumbs up thanks for the advice

Much appreciated on the responses guys... am scouring the net to develop some sort of a workout plan and diet to stick to, and like suggested, will cardio 3-4 days (if not more a week)... Expect many more questions from me along the way, and hopefully, in a few months, may be ready for the next big step...

Once again, I really thank you for your honest opinions.

Jonny Blaze

blakyr is offline Associate Member
    Hey, Were are glad to help you with whatever you need!!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

bro you hadbetter train for years before even thinking about it

your fucking tendons and joints are gonna have to get use to training alone.don't even consider the next step for a long timemy friend unless you want a series of injuries, then a layoff period, and finally you will probably rebound and go back to being heavy and sendentary.
    educate yourself on training and diet here.those are the only two forums you need to be in for a long time.you'll thank yourself for it later.

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    yeah bro wait for the juice, your first few years working out is like being on the shit, you gain strenght, and loose flab without any cardio.
    you will eventualy ( depending on what your goals are) want to give steroids a shot. BY then u should a have diet,routine and lifestyle in order. your body will benefit much more this way instead of jumping right into it.

keep the weights heavy and eat as mucha as u can!

good luck
    bws
    (sorry for the ramble i'm alittle baked)

ozmax98 is offline Associate Member
    just curious big willy> u suggested eat as much as you can to him?? i know that you are supposed to eat 5-6 meals a day but small portions(trying to cut like myself).. eating alot isn't that going to be bad.. i mean i do eat and i get in about 250 to 275 grams of protein a day. about 50 grams of carbs and a little more fats.... maybe i didn't understand what u meant by that.???

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by bigwillystyle
    yeah bro wait for the juice, your first few years working out is like being on the shit, you gain strenght, and loose flab without any cardio.

keep the weights heavy and eat as mucha as u can!

(sorry for the ramble i'm alittle baked)
    Hmmm....loosing flab without cardio??? Thats a first!

You have to be specific in what you say to people because advice as general as "eat as much as you can" does nothing but float misinformation amongst the ranks. The mans goal is to get in shape, and lose weight. First off, Cardio is a must!! I think what BigWilly was trying to say is that if you were bulking then you would want to eat as many healthy calories as possible, but in your case you would want to keep the diet down. My suggestion would be to hang around the diet, and workout forums before reading too much of the steroid forum. In the steroid forum you are not going to get the knowledge that you need at the moment to achieve your goals. Keep an open mind about it all because will get alot of information from alot of people. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress. If you feel comfortable you might want to post 'before' pictures to help get feedback on problematic areas. Its hard to see progress when you see your body everyday.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    First off, welcome to the board!!!!! You will gain sooo much knowledge from the bro's on here!!!! Everyone is correct. Jumping into a cycle without the proper diet, weight training regime, will be a waste of time and money. Dedicate yourself, hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week, get a good diet plan in order and in no time you will see dramatic results. Go to the fitness forums, there is a TON of info in there for you!

I wish you success!!!!

Scooby is offline Junior Member
    Bro.. the Diet Section is great.. Its All about Changing your lifestyle though...its not just getting on a diet its changing the way you eat completly and sticking to it.. Cardio is a must... Eating properly and excersie is the key to loosing good wieght bro..

stick to it and you'll get what you want. I've seen guys transform themselves in a matter of Months by changing their lifestyle a bit and excersising on a regular basis. If You really want this to happen then make it happen bro.

Good luck with it..My support is with you.

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    Sure bro!

A friend got the same problem, and I started him into swimming. I think swimming is a must for cardio, as soon as you have to deep breathe, and you do anaerobic movements too. He lost a lot of fat, and made up a good body, only in 3 months...

He got control over the food, and I suggested to reduce from 5 intakes of great quantity of fat a week to only one.

The secret is quality and results. If you have no results, youŽll have no stimulation to continue... You can have real results if you swin from 30 to 60 minutes every 2 days, if you change a little bit of your food intake... maybe in 2 weeks you will see changes...

Keep your measurements recorded, as you wonŽt notice them. Meet people in a more spaced time, once a week, and youŽll hear from them about results....

Those are very meaningful ways to get motivation : when you hear from people....

Anything just pm me, and I can help you with all you need...

Oh yeah, and donŽt use any steroids or supplements for the start. See how your body works, and if needed, use some fat burner like Animal Cuts or Xenadrine (if you have no heart related problems).

DO NOT USE STEROIDS IF YOU HAVENŽT REACHED YOUR NATURAL BARRIER !

Bye, and good luck!
    Last edited by taquipariu; 04-22-2003 at 11:28 AM.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    cardio and diet equals results
    plain and simple.

I have found out that if you buy a good heart monitor or use a machine with one built in, hit good cardio 30 mins a day five days a week really will dump the fat off you.

Nothing at all will replace a solid diet, i am a believer in some carbs, just the smarter ones. Lean mostly on chicken and tuna which will get old but its out staples.

Make sure that your water intake is on track. You really need to drink alot of water, which will decrease hunger some, and just plain help you lose fat.

take this twice a day

vitamin c 500mgs
    vitamin E 200 IU's
    Multi-vitamin

I took this in the beginning, and still its included in my supps each day.
    Its just for plain good health.

Take an ECA x 3 daily, if your doctor or your health is good enough to take them. Dont push it with "speed". take one and ust raise your temp a bit.

SOme get in trouble with ECA's so i mention it these days. not trying to talk down to anyone.

PM me if i can help you with anything, i have a few workout splits that i can share with you.

Juice is a major decision, I personally started using fina WAY before i needed to.

It was my decision and i researched everything completely before i began.

Stick around and read a bit, we are here to help you, this board RULES!
    Everytime i need to know something, the Brothers and SIsters of AR.com always come to my rescue.

hope something helps

Thread Information