Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member

Smile New Here: First Cycle - - Some Questions

Hi all. I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm 34 yrs old, 5' 11" and 190 lbs. and approx 10-14% body fat. I've been lifting, on and off, for 18 years and am knowledgeable about bb and nutrition. Unfortunately, I have a hectic job which keeps me from lifting as much, and as hard as I used to. Nonetheless, I'm getting it done.

I have done a substantial amount of research on pro hormones and aas. I'm now taking the plunge on my first cycle. I have 10ml of test depo cyn. It's 200mg per ml. I took 200mg yesterday (starting slow) and plan to "ramp up" to 250 next week and for the duration of the 4 week cycle. I know this is a very light dosage, but I want to start slow and see how I feel, check out any sides, and generally monitor the situation.

Having said that, I am curious to know if Y'all feel like I'll be able to achieve any significant growth from a cycle like this. If so, could you please provide me an estimate of the weight gain I might expect (I know everyone is different and there are many variables etc., but just want to feel Y'all out and see what you think).

I'm not well proportioned. In fact, I have a serious set of chicken legs. This is a result of "knee problems" which keep me from training my legs as they should be. (Also, just genetically small in the leg department; but have managed to get some size and shape up top). The knee problems are the result of weak medial heads on the quads and overly tight hams and ileotibial bands, and tight quads. These problems cause my knee cap to move out of its normal groove when I do weight bearing bending. I can't do full bending squats - - a huge problem when trying to build legs. Anyhow, I do a ton of stretching and keep trying to hit the legs.

Having said all that, I'm trying to "grow my legs" out of the knee problem. That is, if I can put some good mass on my quads and add some strength, it may go a long way towards keeping my patella from "going out." I'm hoping with the help of a few cycles I may be able to grow the legs and rid myself of this knee problem (Hey, a little mass up top wouldn't hurt either).

Anyway, just thought I'd pass on the info on my general situation. Nice to meet Y'all and thanks for your input in advance.

Gettin'

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    i think the dose and length of cycle are a bit too short

in 4 weeks your test cyp will just be kicken in, so you may gain a little water weight and maybee start to feel some good str gains,but that will go faster than it came.

there are a few people who like short cycles, but i think most of them would tell you atleast 6-8 weeks min.
    plus at your weight i would start at the very least 300mgs per week no less. two shot per week. 150mgs tues 150mgs fri.

keep in mind your anti-e's and clomid, you never know how you will re act with test. plus 4 weeks may be just long enough to shut you down for a while

good luck

bws

Thanks. If I did 300mg, could I not just do it in one injection? Do you think I will basically not see any real gains from my original plan?

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    you could do one inject per week no prob at all, IMHO.. i don't think anthing positive will happen with that cycle..you may get a little hornier after the second week..not sure if that is a good thing or not.. what are you're goals ?

bws

Thanks. I'd like to gain (and of course keep, although that is not necessarily realistic) about 10 lbs. If I could gain 10 good pounds with a nice bit of it going onto my legs I'd be really pleased. I may end up having to do a few cycles. Overall, I'd like to bump up about 15-20 lbs. My legs could hold this really easily on their own.

Sounds like I'll have to bump up my dose. What kinds of gains could I expect from doing 300 mgs/week?

Thanks.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Welcome to AR Bro

Go the 300mg a week but go 8-10 weeks, I'd lean more toward 10. Your gains depend on you not the gear, if you don't train, eat, rest and sleep properly you could gain 0. If you do all these right you could gain 10-20lbs, it also depend on how your body reacts to gear. If you can't do much leg exercises don't expect to much mass there. You need to eat at least 3500 calories at your weight to see some gains, if you stop seeing or don't see gains at this amount, up them.

JohnnyB

Thanks. I brutalized my legs Saturday after my first dose. I can hit them pretty good, just can't do full knee bending squats. I'm eating like a pig and gulping protein down like it's going out of style.

If I bump up to 300mg could I expect any gains out of a 5 weeker? I don't want to overdue it on this first cycle.

thx.

wantsome is offline Junior Member
    first cycle u cant go wrong with the basic cycle of 8 weeks of 500mg of sust weekly

Sust? But I've already acquired and started the test. Is there some reason the test would not work well?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Your test is fine, some people don't read the whole post and just through out an answer to a question that wasn't asked

At 5 weeks your test will just be start to kick in, your gains would be cut short too.

JohnnyB

Given all your responses, I need to ask this question: If I use up this test cyp and take Y'all's advice to extend the cycle, is there any problem with using a different type of test at the end after I run out of this?

Thread Information