Thread: Calories

Chris19 is offline New Member

Calories

I am a natural bodybuilder. I was wondering if it is ok for me to consume about 5000 to 10000 calories a day. I just need to know if this will be healthy.

Here are my stats:

Height - 5'10
    Weight - 160lbs

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    But let me know how that works out for ya :
    Last edited by WS6_KID; 04-27-2003 at 09:25 PM.

superjew is offline Associate Member
    It really depends on your metabolism man. You sound pretty thin, so I'm guessing you're a "hard gainer" I'd just train hard (and smart) and eat everything in my path!

thepath is offline New Member
    that's a world of a difference my friend. i was consuming 4000-5000 during my natural bulk and was gaining. little bit of fat creeped on too, but nothing i couldn't shed in about 4 weeks. just up your kcal intake until you see yourself getting a little fat...

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    there is no way you can physically consume that many calories in a day for one. Two, wrong forum, sorry. However, if you do manage to eat that much, let me know and prove me wrong.

bigwillystyle is offline Associate Member
    thats a ton of calories for some one your weight.

have you ever tried to hit that many in one day let alone a a few months of it?? its very hard to eat 5k CLEAN a day i would think 10K would kill ya. now if your eating to bulk wich i asuming you are based on the question you will still have to be very dedicated to hit 5k EVERY day.

try uping it 500 or so from where you are now and then bump it up every week a little more. there is a formula to figure how many calories are need to sustain a certain body weight but i think its around 32calories per pound of body weight, so shoot for 170lb body weight and do the math see if that helps.

bws

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Holly shit 10000cals. I don't care what your metabolism is you dont need that much to grow. Start at 3500 and up it 300cals every week until you gain weight and feel good. If you get over 5000cals a day and you are not gaining, your cal sources suck or you are not training hard enough and I suggest looking at that.

Chris19 is offline New Member
    i have a weight gainer that has 5000 cals per serving so i was just wondering if it was a good idea to take it

tony_canuck is offline Junior Member
    this is the wrong forum. but to answer your question that weight gainer isn't what I recommend. 5000 cals per serving?? You can't eat 2 meals a day that big. When you hear about guys consuming large amounts, they are split along the day. Every 2-3 hours you eat. Yes, from 7am to 10pm (or whatever your day is), 8-10 meals/protein drinks.

heavensdoor is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Chris19
    i have a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=WEIGHT%20GAI NER" target="_blank">weight gainer</a> that has 5000 cals per serving so i was just wondering if it was a good idea to take it
    Got it Buddy Look its called Medi-Tens catalog no.81610 or Medi-Tens II Catalog No.81625 its called a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve
    Stimulator, it is made by Medi-Source,inc 50 gordon drive,syosset,NY
    11791, you just cant use it around pace makers and stuff,you were talking about size,Bruce lee was a small well defined fighter and he did not need to be big if you look back at some of his movies you will see him useing a earlyer model some people say it helped him have a heart attack ,I dont think so I have been useing mine and at 43 YEARS OLD ,
    sometimes I dont know where this new body came from it has pulled out muscles I did not know I had,and to be honest im not sure I did have them I think they are new thay just poped out like popcorn and now they are getting big,I dont have a metrial valve prolapse or a skip in my
    pulse like people said I might,with your ergonomic size,and the strength
    that this non chemical enhancment that Medi-Tens can give ,you can be
    almost unstopable you dont want to get big and sacrefice endurance and speed this method along with your size you can go thru another human being like a bullet ,you do play ball right,if you need to bring bigger people down study Emergency Medical by learning how to save a life and put a body back together ,you learn how to take another human apart where they cant get back up,its up to you how far you want to go
    like I said before I knew a guy 17 your size and and he could lift over 400
    pounds how ever many times he wanted I guess I never saw him breath hard or get tired look for a medi-tens and get stronger and faster,

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Chris19
    i have a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=WEIGHT%20GAI NER" target="_blank">weight gainer</a> that has 5000 cals per serving so i was just wondering if it was a good idea to take it
    Check the fat content on that product, esp the sat fats. I know most of the weight gainers with that much cals have a high amount of fat in them, how else could they get the cals that high. Also check and see that number might be the cals when mixed with 1 gallon of whole milk, another trick of the weight gainers I have seen. IMO your body will never be able to use 5000cals at one sitting I don't care what your metabolism is. Most of that is going to get wasted or stored as fat. If you want a weight gainer I suggest N-large squared, it has about 700 cals per serving and the stuff is of a higher quality than what you are taken I bet.

Pain

Thread Information