dangit is offline Member

Unhappy shoulder pains while on AAS

Just wondering if anyone else gets shoulder pains when on a cycle and doing a shoulder workout. Feels like I'm getting too much of a pump and the muscles have nowhere to go and start pinching nerves or something. Weird stuff.

Doing heavy shrugs makes everything better since it seems to stretch everything back out. It's getting real tough to finish my shoulder workouts.

Anyone have a way around this? Any stretches that might help? I know I shouldn't be complaining about getting a good pump, but this is getting to be a bit too much. Wondering if my body will evenetually get accustomed to. Wonder if it's because I'm not genetically gifted with wide shoulders to begin with...

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Where are you getting the pain ?? In the joint itself or does it feel like muscle ??

You might have a weak rotator cuff and that could be causing a little strain / pain.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I think I know the pain you're talking about,, I get it when doing heavy military presses or over-head dumbell presses... but like you, shrugs help ease the pain. not sure what the deal is... I just attribute it to good pumps because it goes away completely within an hour after working out.

oosean is offline Junior Member
    I get that pain. I have never cycled so I dont think it is the has to do with it-(i am not a doctor so I can be wrong)-But I still can finish my workout. Maybe mine is not as severe, you might want to get it looked at.

Slypknot is offline Member
    It's like your shoulders tighten up too much to get blood in em.... There's a really easy way to remedy it.

Let's say it's your left arm. Stand up straight, now lean to the left and let your arm hang down free (like swinging it).. using your right hand start tapping on your shoulder where it hurts (like slapping it but pushing it in). This will loosen it up and bring you instant relief.

Only downside is it only last for a minute or so then your muscle tightens up again and restricts the blood flow again.

dangit is offline Member
    I don't think it's a rotator cuff problem since it doesn't hurt untill I start getting a pump. Doesn't bother me when doing incline bench press or anything.

I'll try that hanging arm thing. Can't hurt to try it and it might be just what I need to finish off my workouts.

Thanks for the help

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    I just hurt my shoulder for the first time about a week ago. I was only doing 110 pounds on the pec deck and I heard a crunching sound, I waited for the intense pain, but it never hurt at that time. Now its sore everyday and I have a dead spot, Its sore to lift, and then when I hit that spot that shoulder goes dead and I cant lift past it. Wierd. Just shot some Deca into the shoulder yesterday hopefully that helps lube something up.. Good luck with the shoulder.

dangit is offline Member
    I hate those weird sounds. I heard a tearing noise when I did leg presses a while back when doing calves. I must have torn something in there. I was limping for a quite a while and had to have it bandaged up.

Be carefull with that shoulder. If you tore something, then it might be better to let it heal some and do only light lifting and to stretch it.

youg'un is offline Associate Member
    I used to get the same thing, now i wont do a cyclce without deca , that stuff seems to do miracles for me. i do 300mg/w and i shoot it right into my delts and i havent had a probleme since.

Thread Information