Thread: abcess?

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

abscess?

hey guys,, as you know I've been bitching about my quad hurting from last fridays shot. I was willing to suck it up since I am running the 400mg/ml TEST and it's supposed to hurt. Well, today the whole bottom half of my quad is sore, my knee is swollen and hot, and I basically feel like shit (achy and weak), to the point I couldn't even workout this morning. so you can see why I'm starting to get concerned... has anyone else had these symptoms and lived to tell the tale?!? if I do have an abcess, what sort of treatment am I facing?
    thanks,
    R.
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 03-27-2003 at 09:05 AM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Well, if it's an abcess. A doc will either need to drain or remove surgically.

I've never used T-400 but a buddy of mine just got finished with a cycle of it and had those symptoms on his injects as well. Only his symptoms lasted 4-5 days.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey ripped, that suxs bro! U could try sticking a pin in it and see if u can drain anything out of it? Thats what id do before going to the dr's. Good luck bro!

OG

thanks guys,,,,

that's the thing that's bugging me OG,,, there isn't any sign of an abcess,,, I mean I seriously can't even find the injection hole... it's just SUPER sore for like 4" of my quad,, and what's the deal with my knee swelling up? it's been 5 days now and its still really painful to even touch. I don't know bros,, little freaked out here,,, I just don't think my pants would fit right if I had to get a wooden leg!!
    thanks for the input,, I'll keep ya posted
    if anybody else has had joint swelling that went away without Dr. intervention please let me know. not sure how much longer I should put off making an appt.
    R.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    I would go to the doctor!

It is red, hot, swollen, and painfull.

You also have systematic symptoms (you feel like crap)
    Go to the doc!

If you catch it early you should be able to get it fixed up with just anti biotics, but if you wait it may hvae to be drained which would give you a nasty scar.

Go see your doctor!

ok bros,,, I got an appointment in 30 minutes. I'm nervous as hell,,, I like my Dr., but I'm not sure how he's going to take this shit... I'd hate to have to bitch slap the ol bastard if he try's gettin lippy with me!!

screw it... I need some piece of mind!
    I'll let you know how it goes..
    R.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, good luck! U could also tell him u ran into a thorn bush...lol

OG

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    bro when it come to shit like this i know ,that sgit has lots of ba in it ,and some people are allergic to ba and some tolerate it better ,my guess its a babd injection ba and etc ..ihve had shit hurt up to almost 14 days bro .likea i got shot in the ass witha .44.u did do th best thing and go to the doc though .throw that shit away bro .also did u ise all proper sanitary proceedures??swipwith alc use a pin to suck out and a differnt pin hit .swap the top of the vial before u suk out all this must be done ,its no joke ,

hybrid is offline Member
    Hey, is this the shot your girlfriend gave you prior to taking care of business with you the other night? I read your posts in the Lounge and was going to try and convince my wife that this is standard procedure. Maybe I should rethink that if this is the result.

!!!!

Hybird: Thanks for the laugh bro... I needed that! But no, that was an EQ shot she gave me Monday night... this shit is from a TEST shot she gave last Friday... hey wait a minute!! Maybe she IS trying to rub me out!!

My Doctor was cool when I told him how it happened,, he didn't miss a beat... asked me what I injected,, mg,, how deep,,, clean needle,, etc... Just like he was asking me what I had for lunch... no condescending tone or any of that shit... so THAT was a relief,, BUT, I could be in deep shit. I have 100.6 temp plus heat and swelling in my leg that he said is being caused by an infection. He had the nurse give me a shot of antibiotics and gave me a script for Augmentin. He wants to see me again on Friday. He said if it abscesses I will need surgery since it is under the muscle... FUCK!!!

It was funny when the nurse came in to give me the shot, cute little Latin babe. She started rubbing alcohol on my left hip and I said "mind doing that on the other side?!" (I was still smarting from Mondays shot, right where she was rubbing!) She looked puzzled but complied. When she was finished she asked me if I felt faint and I said "you GOT to be kidding me!" and busted out laughing!

Anyway bros,, I'm off to the drug store for my anabolics 'er, I mean antibiotics..
    R.

fuck bro hope its not a abscess !

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Well, i guess the doc was a good call. Glad it worked out and hopefully you wont have to get cut on.

At least you know now your docs allright with it so far.

hey ripped did u taka all precautions like listed above before hitting bro ?

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Damn it's under the muscle? That f*cking sucks dude. I hope the antibiotics clear it up for you.

Good you went to the doc about it.

beachbod is offline Junior Member
    I had a very similar thing happen in my left glute. Seriously, my left cheek was two times the size of my right and was so swollen it was pushing in on my spine and my back hurt. It was very warm to the touch and bright red. I couldnt even sleep on my back bc of the pressure. I checked the board and found it was most likely an abcess. It took about 10 days to heal and a little over two weeks to be pain free completely. I was putting a lot of heat on it and constantly rubbing it. Good luck bro. Also, I avoided shooting in my glute for a couple weeks after that and wouldnt put the test in there only the eq.
    pb

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'm glad to see that you went to the Doctor. Don't fool around with these types of things. An infection under the muscle can be very difficult to treat and often times surgery has to be performed. Bad news!! Take your antibiotic regimine completely and then go back to the Doctor to make sure it has cleared up completely. Good Luck!!

Doc M

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    waht that t400 EQL ?

yeah, I used a new needle and alcohol,, the doc and me both suspect the batch of TEST was contaminated. The most painful thing I've had to deal with so far was this morning when I dumped that 20ml jug of TEST down the sink!

Anyway, thanks bros,,, that's why I love AR,, you are all good people. your replies mean a lot too me since I don't have any family within a 1000 miles of here,, so you guys ARE my family, like it or not!!
    I will keep you posted on my leg.
    thanks again,
    R.

I just re-read my above post,, geeez am I the drama queen or what?!?! I sound like a man on his death bed!!

I do love you guys though gosh darn it!!

kazual is offline Junior Member
    Located in the mist that follows the storm
    Hope the procedure isn't too painful. Good luck and just look forward to the next cycle. But get well first.....

Kaz

crow32 is offline New Member

Wow!

Sorry to hear about your leg. Man I was wanting to start a cycle. But you guys scare the shit out of me. Did your girl really want to shove you down the "GB" disposal? That is brutal, and it would take forever!! Just kiddin! Take care of that leg and let us know how it turns out!:

Trying2Gain is offline Junior Member
    Who was the test made by?

EQL "Europe quality labs"

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    ripped- i spent 3 days in bed from chinamans sust. my quad was the size of a watermelon and swelled ove my knee. im sorry bro. it really sucks. those of us sensitive to ba really get it in the pooper...

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump for an update??

Doing great!! Dr. put me on oral and injection antibiotics and it got better within a few days,,, I was sweating bullets bro!!
    Thanks for asking!!! you guys really are my Family!
    ~R.

longhornDr is offline Member
    To me it sounds like what happened is the needle didnt go in far enough and the gear leaked out into fat. This will cause the extreme swelling over a large area like you described.

This is a particular problem with alot of the UG gear that use alternative solvents in place of BA for high dose "painless" shots. It's very important to get it deep in the muscle.

An infection/abcess usually doesnt follow the course you described. Your doc probably isnt familiar with the specifics of injecting UG gear and just called it an infection to be on the safe side.

Thread Information