Dirk D. is offline Junior Member

Steroids & surgery

I am up for ortho knee surgery in two weeks and am taking deca and test. My doc is our medical director at work and i could get in a heap of troubble if he finds out. How important is it to tell my doc that i'm juicing, or better put, can i hide it or just not tell him?

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I actually had knee surgery a month ago. I was coming off of test/eq, and was taking clomid at the time. I didnt say anything about the steriods , but told the nurse before surgery that i was taking clomid. I was fine in the end, but everyone is different. What do you mean you could get in trouble? Is the doc not confidential?

superjew is offline Associate Member
    I was scheduled to get sinus surgery a couple of days ago. I put it off so I could start and finish a cycle. I personlly don't want any complications, excessive bleeding, etc. Vette is right, your doctor should be BOUND to confidentiality. I don't hide it from any doctors I visit.

yes, he is, however, my doc is our medical director at work. I work as a paramedic and we carry deca for head injuries. I would hate to have them test me for it and show up positive! And the crap stays in the system a long arse time! That's why i don't want to tell him! I was gonna just say that i was using advil all week when i should not have been.??>

Blog Entries
    So, are you saying you snagged your deca from work???

NO! I would never do that! I'm actually taking laurabolin , longer lasting deca . I got it at a good price. The only reason i"m taking it is due to severe tennis elblow! been dealing with it for 2 years. They wanna do surgery if it does not get any better, so I thought, I've go nothing to loose! But if they were to test me, I would show up positive! That would be VERY BAD!

Blog Entries
    OIC, I still believe that there are only two people in the world that you do not lie to. Those people are your doctor and your lawyer. But i think you would live if you didnt say anything.
    Have you stopped taking the cycle?

I took a injection of 300mg of laurabolin on Monday. It stays in hte system for 3 weeks and surgery is on the 9th of May so it will still be in my system if i were to stop now.. I am gona just stay on i guess? Kind of sudden, but i blew my medial miniscus out pretty bad and it's a must type of surgery. As far as nabbing some deca from work, the dea keeps really tight inventory on all meds we cary! You would have to be nuts to try and nab it! even exp. drugs are accounted for! So I really don't think it is gonna matter if I stop now or continue with my injections becasue the Laurabolin is very long lasting deca. What do ya think?

And thank you all for the help! I'm kind of stressed about the issue!

Blog Entries
    Why stay on your cycle bro? I tore my lateral meniscus, and acl, (so mine was a little worse) so i could hardly gimp around enough to work out my upper body at least. Now, it has been a month since my surgery, and two months since i tore up my knee. I have lost 15-20 lbs! BUT, i have kept my diet very clean, so i have lost a little bit of body fat too. All i am saying is that staying on your cycle may not be beneficial, and you should save what you have for your next one. Also, keep your focus on rehabbing that knee, and eat clean!

Well, I only have 3 weeks left and the only reason i was on was to heal my arms! Tendonitis bigtime! 2 yrs worth! I am getting ready for the national's in japan for jujutsu and this is gonna be my last contest. I do not plan to cycle again. I do beleive that my arms have healed, we will see in a few months! I'm not stressing the arms and only light lifting, tons and TONS of pushups and poly training!

So will I be OK in surgery still on? Or should i wait till after my surgery to take another injection?

Steele is offline Member
    i'd quit the cycle. won't hurt anything. my .02

Well, I would like to finish my cycle. Also, I took an injection on monday and the laurabolin last up to 3-4 weeks, so what does it matter? My surgery was unexpected and is 3 days less than 2 weeks of my last injection.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Dirk..Listen to me..You are in a very bad predicament..Yes, your Doctor is bound by confidentiality, but he is also bound by his duties as your medical director..And with you being a Paramedic yourself, this will only further complicate matters..

Your Doc will have to feel confident that your drug use will not impair or impede your duties, put innocents at risk for harm or injury, or cause liability for the workplace and it's employees..Now, we all know steroid use is probably not going to affect your work, but it is still a question that he will have to answer for himself..

My advice would be to approach him ahead of time, not at the day of surgery, and tell him your situation..Make sure to mention why you are using the AS and to stress that it was not obtained from the workplace..You want to develop a repore with him that will influence him to keep his mouth shut..Be proactive with this..If you were my patient and approached it carefully, I would give you the standard lecture and then send you on your way..But on the flip side, if you waited until moments before the procedure, I would probably beat the hell out of you on the operating table..Think this over carefully as it could have damaging repercussions for you and your career..Good Luck!1

Doc M

Doc M, Thank you for the input! However, I do not think I can trust my doc in this situation. He's a great doc, but I think he may say something descrete to someone and then ....i get tested and i'm screwed! I was never using the AS to get huge, just to heal my injury and it has really helped! I was gonna tell a white lie and admit to using advil up to the day of surgery to keep the pain down.....last injection was monday and surgery is on next friday.?? IKES!

Biggy20 is offline Associate Member
    I had a shoulder surgery while on deca , 2 months ago, I had no problem, nobody noticed......no side effects....

Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing! I was hoping to find someone who's been in this situation! TYTYTY

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    What's up Seattle bros are popping up out of nowhere.

Anyway, I don't like to lie to doctors, but you can tell him that you had another doctor that prescribed you the laurabolin for your elbow. It's not like he'll ask for the doctor's name and prescription form right there, right?

too much to risk! i'm gonna just keep quiet. I'm not taking much anyway and it is only ortho surgery. I don't like to lie to anyone! this whole thing has created too much stress as it is!

Thread Information