MadRunner is offline New Member

BW RESULTS .. thoughts & comments.

Hey All.

got my BW in. Wanted to share and receive comments.

39 yo male, endurance athlete.
    4iu HG ED/ 300 mg Test E/W.

Prior to the labs was bouncing back and forth about my bloating solution. Started on a little nolva (just once) while waiting for adex to arrive. It helped. Then adex came and started once on that .25mg. Felt it was strong.

At the times of these labs, I hadnt taken the adex for about 6 days.

These labs were taken 3 days after I pinned my 5th week of test e.

So far, my results on the gear have been minimal. I was hoping to lose weight, get stronger, but I have essentially stayed the same, with minimal gym work. Lots of cardio. I do feel my ability to recovery is slightly better.

I really need to shed more weight/ cut more.

here are the lab results, the focus of this post.

Iron 60 (59-158)

Cholesterol Total 181
    HDL 40
    Triglycerides 48
    Ratio 4.55
    LDL 121

Sodium 140

LH <0.07
    FSH <0.30
    Prolactin 3.90
    Estradiol 44.8
    Test >1,500.00 (i got a note saying they couldn't test the free test index cause my test was about 1500)?
    SHBG 57.19
    Coritsol Serum 14.47

Thats about it. Since having the blood drawn (but not indicated in the above results), I started .12 mg of adex E3D and seem to be handling it well. Still a little bloated. No othersides I need to point out the bloat is minimal but not idea considering I want to get cut. (diet is great, hydration optimal).

Had my GH tested last time around. The gear is all good and working.

Sworder is offline Banned
    What do you want advice or comments about? Sorry if I am not seeing the question.. What's your diet like?

Thanks, Sworder.

I am asking for folks to have a look at the numbers, check out if they all seem reasonable. If there are any recommendations for follow up.

My diet is clean. Limited carbs, higher protein and healthy fats. I take in about 2100 calories a day on the norm, but it changes depending on my activity/training. I am 5'11, 179 pounds and about 13% BF.

kmms is offline Productive Member
    can you post the range for that estradiol number?

if that was 6 days after stopping arimidex it looks like you nuked it and it's only beginning to get on the high side of a "normal" range again.

No reference ranges and no measurement. Assuming typical values are given.. Your e2 is a bit high, testosterone is greater than the max range which is totally normal considering you are on cycle. LH/FSH suppressed, you are on cycle that's normal... "Iron" being your hemoglobin/hematocrit, can't deduce those numbers. Am used to seeing hemoglobin value.. Obviously low iron, just don't know what range that would put your hematocrit in. Cholesterol is high..

Not much to say though really. If your diet is where you are saying it is, then you should be dropping weight. Especially since you are doing a lot of cardio. You should post up in the nutrition section in regards to your diet.

What are your goals? Are you planning on going on TRT after?

Kmms, thanks for taking part, man.

E range just says < 39.8 and as I stated, mine was 44.80
    Pretty good considering my BW from two weeks ago, before taking anything to control Estrogen, the result was 71.10

So it would seem the one dose of Nolva, and one .25 mg of adex prior to this round of bw worked some.

And I would assume that now I am on .12 E3D, I could have it under control. (More BW in a few weeks).

arimidex is frickin nuclear warfare man. i think it's much better to take a ridiculously small dose less often vs larger dose eod. i really don't care if my estrogen level creeps up and is "out of range" for a few days or a week. of course that is cycle and individual dependent, but on 500 test e p.w. if i take two consecutive .25mg doses of arimidex eod i would literally have to take the next two or three days off from the gym and that's completely counterproductive.

your next BW will probably have all the answers summed up for you provided you are on a regular schedule for this new .12 e3d protocol up to then.

Sworder, thanks again for taking the time.

I didnt post ranges as I assumed that anyone who comments is experienced enough to know, like you said, typical values.

Glad to hear that things are somewhat normal. I posted the Iron number because I thought it was interesting that it was on low side. I am going to start supplementing some.

Goals were to increase running performance, speed. Decrease injury risk and increase healing. Typical of aging endurance athlete.

I hadn't planned TRT afterwards. PCT of course. Can you school me on the pro's/cons of a TRT. I am not well enough informed.

Cheers again.

totally agree kmms. Going to keep things consistent now as long as sides are under control. Will be good to see what the numbers say from the next labs. Thanks as always, bro.

there's a good chance that because you are an athlete and actually pay attention to your body (diet and exercise) that you didn't have any significant estrogen issues before you started on what is basically a trt level dose of test. one of the most common comments here is to run your first cycle with only one compound so that you can monitor any sides quite easily, but they also say to start taking an AI when you begin the cycle. i'm not sure how to reconcile that. if your test is going to give you E sides yet you are taking an AI to combat those sides, how do you know you are getting any sides?

if we learn to recognize E related sides from the start, it makes self medicating decisions much more accurate and would help to prevent time off in the gym due to having blasted E into oblivion with an aggressive AI protocol.

If you are planning a PCT, hCG would be beneficial. 250iu twice a week up until 3 days before PCT. And for PCT you have clomid and nolva I am presuming. 100/50/50/50 and 40/20/20/20 right?

Pro of TRT would be that you have normal testosterone levels Pretty simple, if you are hypogonadal you wouldn't have enough testosterone to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. After PCT get blood work done again and check your results.

Thanks for taking that time, Sworder. Clomid and Nolva are on hand and ready to rip in the PCT. Your information is the start of much more I will read into on the TRT front. Will give it strong consideration. You almost make it sound like a no brainer! good stuff.!

thanks!

It is a no-brainer if you aren't able to produce testosterone within normal ranges anymore HGH is great when you grow older, wise choice to run it. Good luck with everything!

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadRunner View Post
    Thanks for taking that time, Sworder. Clomid and Nolva are on hand and ready to rip in the PCT. Your information is the start of much more I will read into on the TRT front. Will give it strong consideration. You almost make it sound like a no brainer! good stuff.!

thanks!
    Trt is not a no brainer unless you have very low T. I would say most healthy men (who haven't abused steriods ) make enough T to lead a normal active life. TRT is not to be taken lightly. You are only 40 if you jump on TRT you have to pin yourself for 40 more years, or the amount of time you have been alive if you live to 80!

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    arimidex is frickin nuclear warfare man. i think it's much better to take a ridiculously small dose less often vs larger dose eod. i really don't care if my estrogen level creeps up and is "out of range" for a few days or a week. of course that is cycle and individual dependent, but on 500 test e p.w. if i take two consecutive .25mg doses of arimidex eod i would literally have to take the next two or three days off from the gym and that's completely counterproductive.

your next BW will probably have all the answers summed up for you provided you are on a regular schedule for this new .12 e3d protocol up to then.
    I'm of the same opinion on the AI's (not the most popular side of the argument lately), they are heavy anti cancer drugs and I wouldn't take them if I don't need them. I think it's a matter of balance. If your Test levels are high then your estrogen levels will be high too. Whenever I use an AI preventatively, my joints hurt, libido goes to hell, hard on problems and lethargy occur every time. If I don't I never have a problem. Now I've tried this several times because some much more experienced and studied BB insist this is the best way. Swifto, Baseline, among many others are very convincing on this topic, otherwise it wouldn't have taken me so long to give up on it. But, in the end my body, my gains and my dick/libido made the call for me. That said I've never had blood's done while on cycle, only after. Honestly though, it wouldn't change what I do anyway.

This is one topic I really don't like giving advise on since it really does fly in the face of popular opinion, but if there's a guy like me out there I'd just like to be counted as someone who, for whatever reason, has had great success without the use of the AI's.

Just my opinion based on personal experience and has absolutely no scientific basis whatsoever...

Great honest opinons, Fellas. Very much appreciated. As I mentioned, I need to become more (much more) educated about the TRT. Will comb the research and the other threads.

But for now, the focus is on the BW results. It seems that everything is as expected on that front!??

Thanks for taking the time.

Thread Information