pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

Unhappy 1st QUAD shot...will I live?

Last night, after talking to some bros on AR and studying spotinjections.com carefully, I took my first ever shot to the quad. I've always just rotated glutes but this week, they were too sore to touch so, I figured the next biggest muscle would be the quad. (My ass is not small btw)

Well, let me tell you bros, this did not go well. After loading 2 CCs worth of sust/eq, I proceeded to switch to my trusty 23G 1 1/2" needle (perfect for glute shots, not ideal for quads). After swabbing the carefully selected location, I jabbed it in and all went well...I SLOWLY pressed further until there was about 1/2" still hanging out and there was no pain...yet. A split second later... BAM! I struck a nerve and let out a "oh god". My wife wanted to know what was happening from the other room. I just told her to leave me alone, as she doesn't like the fact that I'm on as in the first place and would just bitch at me if I told her. Well, instead of pulling the pin out all together and re-sticking myself in another spot (and risk hitting another goddamn nerve), I figured I would pull out a little and just release nectar. After pushing out about 1 CC, I remembered I forgot to aspirate ! Oh well, I figured I would know soon if I also hit a vein So here I am taking like 2-3 minutes to push out all this juice and I am accidentally pulling the needle further out without noticing. The last CC went into the quad only about 1/2" deep. What an idiot, what can I say, I got thrown off from hitting that fuckin nerve and feeling a crushing pain vibrate throughout my entire body. It was that bad. Anyway, this morning I felt like a cripple limping to work. Big G would tell me to "suck it up" but walking like you got a stick up your ass and not being able to sit because your glutes are so sore from last week's shots would make anyone here a big Pussy!

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to the ED shots I'll be doing come June.

ps-tomorrow, I'll be trying my left quad

I've hit nerves while injecting too and I nearly jumped through the roof. I had the same problem where after hitting the nerve I couldn't advance the needle any futher because of the pain. So I always pull out, change needles, and find another site. I feel your pain bro. That site may be a little sore for a few days.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, IMO the best way to inject ur quads is to stick the pin in as slow as possible. That way if u feel something u dont like u havent already gone threw it before u realize it. If u do feel something just pull the pin back some but not all the way out. Reangle the pin and try again. Good luck!

OG

Thanks guys...

dragonslayer I read one of your posts yesterday about hitting a nerve in your quad... that helped me relax when I actually did it myself, knowing it happens frequently.

David B. is offline Member
    And if you're gonna be injecting quads on a regular basis, get some 1" pins.

--dnb

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    for me, i am most prone to hitting nerves in my delts regardless of how careful i am...i have gotten used to maybe 1 out of every 5 hitting a nerve and letting out the proverbial 'oh shit.'

the difference for me in any site not being sore is keeping the needle as steady as possible and injecting slowly. i find if i even move the needle slightly that i have the worst soreness the following day. the tip of the needle is like a tiny scalpel, so when you do self injects make sure you steady your hand and are comfortable, especially if you switch to other sites that require a bit more skill to hit properly like biceps, triceps, and delts. the more you try it the better you will be.

if you are going to be doing ED injects soon i would recommend practicing without any juice in the needle by just poking yourself to see the feeling and what you can improve upon. i feel that is comparative to batting practice or something so when the big game comes along you can do it properly.

nothing worse than getting stage fright when you try to get a quality inject your first time hitting a specific group.

Originally posted by David B.
    And if you're gonna be injecting quads on a regular basis, get some 1" pins.

--dnb
    I ordered some 25G 1" on Tuesday but they haven't arrived yet. This will be much easier when they come.

btw, thanks for the advice daem. I always shake when I do the injects or I accidentally move the needle while it's in. No wonder I'm always sore for days. I would of made a shitty surgeon!

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    man ur making me crinch just thinkin about it ,ive hit a nerve and beleive me it sux it aint pretty ,man why even use that shit??that why i only use good ol enenthate !!

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by big N
    that why i only use good ol enenthate !!

thats why your such a little bitch....

BBBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

ps. check your fuckin pm's

Originally posted by big N
    man ur making me crinch just thinkin about it ,ive hit a nerve and beleive me it sux it aint pretty ,man why even use that shit??that why i only use good ol enenthate !!
    I keep getting nerve flashbacks, remembering that feeling I got when the needle struck. OOOOooooouuuuch! I gotta get my mind on other things.

Originally posted by pumpseeker

I keep getting nerve flashbacks, remembering that feeling I got when the needle struck. OOOOooooouuuuch! I gotta get my mind on other things.
    Bro, just keep thinking of the transformation your going to have. Believe it or not, your gonna actually look forward to your injects.

Originally posted by 01dragonslayer

Bro, just keep thinking of the transformation your going to have. Believe it or not, your gonna actually look forward to your injects.
    I didn't mind doing 2 a week last cycle, but now it's 3 a week, then ED come June. I put it into perspective last night when my wife was asking me about how long I'd be on...basically the whole summer, the next 4 months. So I guess I'd better start liking injections or get used to being a cripple and walking like a 90 year old man!

durbin22 is offline Member
    I have always went by putting my hands by my side and marking where the end of my middle finger is and stick there. I have had sucess with this method.

Originally posted by durbin22
    I have always went by putting my hands by my side and marking where the end of my middle finger is and stick there. I have had sucess with this method.
    Carlos E told me the same thing. Must be a trick of the trade

BIG R is offline Member
    Pumpseaker,

When they said "No pain No Gain" they meant Quad injections!!! Wait till you try some Winny V there. MMMMMMUUUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Peace
    R

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I've had some bad nerve shots in the quad and calves. Sometimes they hurt and sometimes they make my leg jump up and hit me in the chin

dansteelman is offline Member
    I hope you have better luck with your left quad than I have with mine. I always hit nerves or veins in my left quad. I have hit nerves but i just push deeper and chew on the needle cap in my mouth. It helps take the edge off. I rotate my big shots in my glutes and quad (only right quad).

Slypknot is offline Member
    awww bro, sorry to hear the experience went so bad...I atleast got in around 4-5 injects before hitting a nerve, feeling my leg jolt, feeling the muscle tear around the pin, having blood spurt out of the injection spot after pulling out the pin, etc....

I think the thing is here - it can't get much worse for you...so you've got some painless injections too look forward to once ya find that 'sweet spot' using the middle finger method....

My worse injection in the quads to date was when I forgot to check and make sure the pin was screwed on tight. I pushed fast into my leg, hit a nerve, closed my eyes and started pushing in the juice (wincing from the pain)...sad to report most of the shit leaked out of the syringe due to the pin not being screwed in right. So not only did I limp for 3 days, the whole injection was worthless!

demetri is offline Member
    Sorry to hear about your injection problems pumpseeker, I definately feel your pain.

For me it was hitting a nerve doing a tricep injection. The pain was so bad I had to pull the pin out right away and go into my trusty delt.

I'll be braving the tricep again tomorrow morning

Epoc is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Pheedno
    I've had some bad nerve shots in the quad and calves. Sometimes they hurt and sometimes they make my leg jump up and hit me in the chin
    That would be funnier than hell to see.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by OGPackin
    Hey bro, IMO the best way to inject ur quads is to stick the pin in as slow as possible. That way if u feel something u dont like u havent already gone threw it before u realize it. If u do feel something just pull the pin back some but not all the way out. Reangle the pin and try again. Good luck!

OG
    That is EXACTLY what I did.....and I must have done about 50 quad injections!! This is the best method in my opinon.....

Soon enough bro...and I'm not looking foward to it!

Originally posted by BIG R
    Pumpseeker,

When they said "No pain No Gain" they meant Quad injections!!! Wait till you try some Winny V there. MMMMMMUUUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Peace
    R
    And thanks bros for all the support...

demetri, slypknot I appreciate the pms

dansteelman, watch those nerves. When you hit one, I wouldn't think the best solution would be to push through it. the stories I've heard about people getting permanent nerve damage are scary enough to keep me treading lightly

Hmmm I am a great fan of quad shots myself... it's almost all I do (though that will change with my upcoming eod tren cycle...) and I've almost never had painfull shots.

I only use 25ga pinz, warm up the oils to around 32°C (body temp) so they flow easily and inject real slow.

Other thing I find helps is to dribble oil on the outside of the pin and insert it real slow. That way you can actually feel if you'll hit a nerve or a vein and can reorient or pull out and try again.

Just my 2 cents worth

Red

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I did all of my shots in my quads and never hit a nerve. I go in really slow and I can tell when I'm breaking the skin if it's going to hurt or not. If I feel pain, I move it.

I got more soreness from using the 1" pins in my quads vs. the 1.5". Anyone else agree with me? For me, the longer pin is less painful.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Who are the crazy bastards out there that shoot themselves in the shoulders or calves??? Ouch! Not me...I'll stick with using the quad and glute shoots>>>Easy stickins

Little tip pump: First, sit down in a comfortable chair and straighten out your leg in a relaxed position. Then sprinkle a little meat tenderizer on your upper, outer quad (ok j/k, you can skip this part of my ritual). Here's the important part, PINCH a nice slap of meat from your quad with your left hand and slowly stick the pin in. Easy as my 1-2-3 bro...Ps you'll have no problem with the 25's, won't feel a pinch!
    Peace
    ~US~

OK, it been 3 days and my quad is still swollen and red. the soreness is fading though. I had to take today off from the gym because it was supposed to be leg day and my right quad and left glute are so sore from injections. I hit a vein (when aspirating) in my glute last night so I had to poke myself twice in the ass. Next cycle I'm gonna go with no more than 2 injects/week. This EOD shit is too much for me!

roch is offline Member
    I hate hitting nerves but I also hate resticking myself with a now dull needle. when I hit a nerve I tend to take a deep breathe and jam right through it. hurts like a hell for a few seconds but slowly gets more tolerable. you'll still feel it all day though and maybe the next. I just hate pulling and resticking. big-g says you got suck it up, I say you have to push through it.

demetri is offline Member
    Maybe you should try your delts. I find that delt shots don't hurt at all.

I did a tricep shot yesterday and it didn't hurt one bit but my tricep is swollen. It looks huge compared to the left. I'm going to even that out tomorrow

EOD shots aren't that bad when you think of ED shots. Yeesh, I couldn't imagine that.

One friend of mine was doing 11 shots a week, with 23 gauge needles too.

joe_capone is offline Member
    1' inch pins are the best for quads fat or not fat coz when u relax the quad muscle while u sit the skin stretches so with a 1' pin u are going directly into the muscle. always use 1' pins for quads delts pecs. works like a charm.. insert it in slowly try to feel the pin going inside... if u think u hit something just pull it out replace the dart and find another spot... never had any problems. and dont ever forget to aspirate again lol peace.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    You hit a nerve, oh hell. I shoot 3-4 times a day and atleast 1 of those I hit some nerve or vein. I'll go buy you some tampons for your next injection day.

Best thing to do is stay completely still and penetrate very slowly. As OG said, if you feel a pain just readjust slightly and keep going. Don't move your leg at all, I did that and my entire quad started twitching, no fun in that. Good luck bro.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    whoisdaman- 4 shots ED?

Originally posted by Whoisdaman
    I'll go buy you some tampons for your next injection day.
    LMAO!...thanks, it helps to know that tons of bros are limping around with sore swollen lumps just like me

I should be getting my 25G 1" pins tomorrow or Tuesday...gonna try the delts. Thanks for the suggestion Demetri. I have been planning on hitting those next.

Thread Information