candog22 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Possible infection - need help!

My workout partner and I started our first cycle this week. First injection was on Tuesday - everything went AOK with me. 5 days later he is still in pain.... Injected test and EQ into glute with a 1'' 23 G pin. His "cheek" seems to be a bit swolen and he has a small bump to the immediate right between the tailbone and where his "crack" starts. This bump is probably a good 4 inches from the injection site and appearded the following day. It is still painful for him to sit and what not... any thoughts on what this could be? Infection? (he has no temp and the area is not warm or red), If you hit a blood vessel or something would this happen? I assume if he had hit a nerve he would have known immediately... we were very cautious with the injection proceedure - disinfecting the vial tops and the site prior to and after injection. Wnated to get some feedback before I send him to the ER as a last resort. Thanks guys (and gals)

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Its normal to get a lump for a few days. What kind of test did you use? As long as its not red and warm I think he'll be ok.

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    RON could well be right but it sounds a bit odd getting a red lump not located around the injection site. If he begins to feel feverish and the spot becomes warm and swollen go to the docs for some antibiotics.

It was Test Ethenate - doing 500mg a week - that was 250mg of test mixed with 250 mg of EQ... aslo the bump is NOT red or warm.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    FedSki,
    He said it was not red bro. I agree if it starts to look infected go to the ER

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    Originally posted by RON
    FedSki,
    He said it was not red bro. I agree if it starts to look infected go to the ER
    Got yer. Whoops. Anyway the advice still stands - any sign of infection get to the docs.

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Could just be a nasty ass zit,pop that bitch!But really I'd have it checked out if it doesn't start to subside in a couple days.

ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member
    No need to wait bro, get to a doc quick to make sure. Never hurts to be safe. You know your body better than anyone else..

joe_capone is offline Member
    maybe he injected into a fatty tissue?? since its 1' thats not long enough for gluet injections unless his b/f was low enough for a 1' gauge. always use 1 1/2 for glues when ur not sure.

Thanks for your input everyone...

He went to see a friend last night that is an RN and she felt he'd be OK - said it was def. swolen and just keep an eye on it... thanks again!

Thread Information