Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Injection technique

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Good thread, lets keep this bumped until it becomes a sticky.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJT200 View Post
    Good thread, lets keep this bumped until it becomes a sticky.
    Agreed.

Jaxon0408 is offline Associate Member
    Going to be pinning 2.5 ml eod on next cycle in August. Having trouble finding spots to hold that much gear. I know glutes and thigh can hold that much no prob and Vglute but I'm scared of that spot and I've heard not to go over 2 in delts but I've heard of guys pinning 2.5 and even 3mls. I don't want to have to split up injections on delt day if I can. Cycle will be test p 200eod and npp 100 eod. So that will be test p at 700mg/week (1ml) and npp at 525mg/week (1.5ml), so that will be 2.5 eod injections...help!

Jaxon0408 is offline Associate Member
    Might switch to long ester after a few weeks to get away from eod injections of that much.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    bump de bump

75 Dogs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Proper Injection Technique

9) ASPERATE!!! Pull back just slightly on the plunger and assure the syringe doesn't fill with blood. A small amount of blood is no danger. If you are in a blood vessel the syringe will easily fill with blood. Remove the syringe and choose a new injection location. It is NOT neccessary to pull hard on the plunger nor is an air bubble showing during asperation neccessary!

Well done, and almost comprehensive but I know a lot of new people have worries about #9. I read through all the posts and no one addressed it so maybe it's an irrational fear. When aspirating and getting blood...do you need to change needles, and do you need to toss your product? Suggested options in bold:

9) ASPERATE!!! Pull back just slightly on the plunger and assure the syringe doesn't fill with blood. A small amount of blood is no danger. If you are in a blood vessel the syringe will easily fill with blood. Remove the syringe and choose a new injection location (your gear will still be fine to inject, but change your needle/it's okay to reuse the needle but it might be a little dull). It is NOT neccessary to pull hard on the plunger nor is an air bubble showing during asperation neccessary!

I've never hit blood and honestly have to admit I don't know if you need to change needles since I've read conflicting advice. If it happens tomorrow, I'd just use the same needle at this point.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Your needle is not going to be full from one poke. Pissimng around changing it again increases risk of contamination. Play with it less and get it done.

75 Dogs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Your needle is not going to be full from one poke. Pissimng around changing it again increases risk of contamination. Play with it less and get it done.
    Good advice. By my calculations I've done about 600 various self-injections by now...definitely not an expert, just saying if it was a stickie I'd include that info in it.

gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    I'm glad this thread has been bumped. Can never have too much info on this subject

First time injections are always going to be a nervy affair

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread Information