Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Injection technique

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"

Injection technique

Proper Injection Technique

Over the last few months that I have been active here I have continued to see tons of questions asked by both 1st time users and and experienced users about proper injection techniques and sterilization.

I thought I would take a moment to dispel some myths and to offer my take on proper procedure to avoid injury, illness and risks.

IM or Intramuscular injections: (from Wiki)is the injection of a substance directly into a muscle. In medicine, it is one of several alternative methods for the administration of medications (see route of administration). It is used for particular forms of medication that are administered in small amounts. Depending on the chemical properties of the drug, the medication may either be absorbed fairly quickly or more gradually. Intramuscular injections are often given in the deltoid muscle of the arm, the vastus lateralis muscle of the leg, and the ventrogluteal and dorsogluteal muscles of the buttocks.

Choice of injection site is a matter of preference and amount of substance to be injected. Some of the bigger muscles such as glutes and quads and lats are noted to be able to take up to 5ML at one time where some of the smaller muscles such as delts, pecs, tri's and bi's may be limited to 2-3ML depending on size. (personaly I limit smaller muscles to 2ML and larger muscles to 4ML).
    The number of sites a person uses is a matter of preference but should never be less than 4 sites and 6 sites or more would be more prefered during a short ester cycle that requires more frequent injections. This is neccessary to avoid or limit scar tissue buildup from frequent injections. The following link offers a number of injection sites and detailed mapping of the location. http://www.spotinjections.com/index3.htm

SC, SQ, SubQ or Subcutaneous injections: (from Wiki)is administered as a bolus into the subcutis,[2] the layer of skin directly below the dermis and epidermis, collectively referred to as the cutis. Subcutaneous injections are highly effective in administering vaccines and medications such as insulin , morphine, diacetylmorphine and goserelin. Subcutaneous, as opposed to intravenous, injection of recreational drugs is referred to as "skin popping."

It should be noted that the SubQ method of injections allows for a slow, sustained absorbtion and is considered to be much more pain free than IM injections. Typical doses administeres SubQ are 1-2ML typicaly at the most. This is a prefered method when constant injections are required! These injections are normally done in the abdominal area where sub dermal fat is more common. There seem to be alot of qestions about SubQ injections for AAS lately. Attached is a very helpful and informative link to a video by an authority on the subject.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98LO...ature=youtu.be

The most frequently asked injection question has to do with PIP (Post Injection Pain).
    There are a number of reasons for post injection pain and ways to avoid it and deal with it. The most known causes of PIP are:
    1) Trauma to the injection site during injection. This is most often caused by an unsteady hand that causes the needle to move while in the muscle. This essentialy acts as a sharp knife creating small tears in the muscle that in turn get inflamed and sore!
    2) The amount of BA (Benzyl Alcohol) in the gear. Most Pharm grade gear contains less than 1% BA while some UGL's can contain up to 2% BA. Typicaly short estered gear like Prop contains a higher concentration of BA hence why there are so many complaints of PIP being caused by Test Prop. If a proper mixture of BA and BB (Benzyl Benzoate) exists then your gear will not be the cause for PIP!
    3) Higher concentration of gear is also noted as causing PIP but agin this has to do with the concentartion of BA.
    4) Injecting a high volume into one location can cause PIP do do fascia displacement. Lower volume injected either more frequently or in multiple locations will help avoid this problem.

Warming gear will NOT eliminate PIP!!!!!! This is the biggest injection myth out there! Warming your syringe under tap water that averages 110 degrees will have no affect on it's absortion rate once injected into the muscle body. Consider that the oil will be injected in the body that is already 98.6 degrees and will not hold any increase in temp from warming for any great amount of time!
    The only benifit to warming gear is that you can change the viscosity of the oil to a small degree in turn allowing the oil to be injected a bit easier, causing less chance for movement of an unsteady hand. If you absolutly feel the need to do this then please use the practice of placing your entire vile partialy submerged in warm water. Do not...I repeat, do not run your syringe under tap water. Tap water contains bacteria as well as the bacteria in everyones bathroom and kitchen areas. This will greatly increase your risk of an infection occuring during the injection

Other frequently asked questions are:
    Can I mix more than 1 compound from seperate vials in the same syringe so that I only have to inject one time? YES!
    Any oil can be mixed, so you can draw Test E and Deca from 2 seperate vials into one syringe and inject them together for an example!

What size syringe and needle should I use? This is mainly a matter of preference but typical suggestions are to draw from the vial with an 18-22 gauge needle, change the tip and inject with a 22-27 gauge needle (my preference is draw with a 22 and inject with a 25). Some will warn against drawing from the vial with anything less than a 22 gauge to avoid damage to the rubber stopper and possible causing contamination by small pieces of the rubber stopper being pulled into the syringe.
    Length can be determined to a degree by how lean one is but to inject Glutes and Quads I recommend a 1.5” and all other muscles a 1” or 5/8”.

Nothing is more important than sterile injection techniques!
    Step by step this is an example of my injection routine.
    1) Have everything ready and available ie: vials, alcohol wipes, pins and a bandaid if it makes you feel good
    2) Make sure you are not in a hurry and there are no distractions.
    3) Remove an alcohol wipe from the package and swipe the top of the vial. This should be done in one direction several times.
    4) Remove the syringe and screw the 22G tip on to the syringe. Pull in the same amount of air that you plan to draw from the vial into the syringe (so if you are drawing 1ML of oil then fill the syringe with 1 CC of air). Inject the tip into the vial without touching anything else and push the air into the vial. This creates back pressure in the vial and makes drawing the oil easier. Now draw the desired amount of oil from the vial.
    5) Remove the syringe from the vial and then draw up a small air bubble into the syringe. This is less than .2 ML of air.
    6) Remove the 22G needle and replace it with the CAPPED 25G needle.
    7) Use a FRESH alcohol wipe and swab the area to be injected. Do this fron the center out in circular motions. Let the area swabbed dry!
    8) Uncap the syringe and inject the area that was prepped with alcohol. It's personal preference if you inject quickly or push the needle in slowly. Make sure the needle is all of the way into the muscle body.
    9) ASPERATE!!! Pull back just slightly on the plunger and assure the syringe doesn't fill with blood. A small amount of blood is no danger. If you are in a blood vessel the syringe will easily fill with blood. Remove the syringe and choose a new injection location. It is NOT neccessary to pull hard on the plunger nor is an air bubble showing during asperation neccessary!
    10) After asperating properly, push slow and steady on the plunger making sure that the syringe does not move or shake. There is no such thing as injecting too slow. Push all the way until the oil is completely injectedand the small air bubble you drew up fills the tip pushung all of the oil out. The air will not hurt you!!!!
    11) Remove the needle quickly and apply slight pressure with the alcohol wipe. Hold for a minute so that any bleeding will stop. Sometimes after removing the needle blood will come from the site, sometimes it will actully squirt from the injection site! Do not worry..this isn't common but it does happen.
    12) Cap the syringe and dispose of everything properly!

If PIP occurs it is usually within 48-72 hours. It may swell, become red and sore and even get a lump. Do not ice or massage! Use a heating pad and anti inflams such as Motrin or Ibuprofen. It may stay for up to a week or so. Keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get warm to the touch and increase in size and severity.
    If it get's worse see a doctor!!!!

[B]Injection measurements....[/B]

An important part of calculating and administering an injectable medication is being able to accurately read the calibrations on the syringe. Smaller syringes will be calibrated into smaller volumes and as the syringe increases in size, the calibrations also get larger in volume.

The calibrations on a 1 mL syringe or tuberculin syringe will be in graduations equal to 0.01. An insulin syringe will label each graduation as units, whereas a generic 1mL syringe will label the calibrations as 0.1mL measures.

On a 3 mL syringe, each graduation will be equal to 0.1mL.

On the 5mL and 10mL syringe the graduations will be equal to 0.2mL.

Remember when reading the syringe, the measurement is taken from the part of the plunger that is in contact with the solution in the syringe.

http://www.steroidstation.com/inform...alculator.html

Steroid Half Life Chart

Oral steroids:

Active half-life

Oxymetholone 8 to 9 hours
    Oxandrolone 9 hours
    Methandrostenolone , Methandienone 4.5 to 6 hours
    Methyltestosterone 4 days
    Stanozolol 9 hours
    Fluoxymesterone 9.5 hours
    Turinabol 16 hours

Injectable steroids:

Active half-life

Nandrolone decanate 15 days
    Boldenone undecylenate 14 days
    Trenbolone acetate 3 days
    Methenolone enanthate 10.5 days
    Sustanon or Omnadren 15 to 18 days
    Testosterone Cypionate 12 days
    Testosterone Enanthate 10.5 days
    Testosterone Propionate 4.5 days
    Testosterone Suspension 1 day
    Stanozolol 1 day

Steroid esters:

Active half-life

Formate 1.5 days
    Acetate 3 days
    Propionate 4.5 days
    Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
    Butyrate 6 days
    Valerate 7.5 days
    Hexanoate 9 days
    Caproate 9 days
    Isocaproate 9 days
    Heptanoate 10.5 days
    Enanthate 10.5 days
    Octanoate 12 days
    Cypionate 12 days
    Nonanoate 13.5 days
    Decanoate 15 days
    Undecanoate 16.5 days

Ancillaries:

Active half-life

Arimidex 3 days
    Clenbuterol 1.5 days
    Clomid 5 days
    Cytadren 6 hours
    Ephedrine 6 hours
    T3 10 hours
    Letrozole 5 hours
    Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate) 14 days
    Last edited by Lunk1; 11-28-2012 at 08:15 PM.

capetown is offline Senior Member
    I am drunk right now so cant read any of that but i just want to say, I love you lunk and I agree. Baahaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by capetown View Post
    I am drunk right now so cant read any of that but i just want to say, I love you lunk and I agree. Baahaaa.
    Be safe my friend But have fun!!!

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Proper Injection Technique

Over the last few months that I have been active here I have continued to see tons of questions asked by both 1st time users and and experienced users about proper injection techniques and sterilization.

I thought I would take a moment to dispel some myths and to offer my take on proper procedure to avoid injury, illness and risks.

IM or Intramuscular injections: (from Wiki)is the injection of a substance directly into a muscle. In medicine, it is one of several alternative methods for the administration of medications (see route of administration). It is used for particular forms of medication that are administered in small amounts. Depending on the chemical properties of the drug, the medication may either be absorbed fairly quickly or more gradually. Intramuscular injections are often given in the deltoid muscle of the arm, the vastus lateralis muscle of the leg, and the ventrogluteal and dorsogluteal muscles of the buttocks.

Choice of injection site is a matter of preference and amount of substance to be injected. Some of the bigger muscles such as glutes and quads and lats are noted to be able to take up to 5ML at one time where some of the smaller muscles such as delts, pecs, tri's and bi's may be limited to 2-3ML depending on size. (personaly I limit smaller muscles to 2ML and larger muscles to 4ML).
    The number of sites a person uses is a matter of preference but should never be less than 4 sites and 6 sites or more would be more prefered during a short ester cycle that requires more frequent injections. This is neccessary to avoid or limit scar tissue buildup from frequent injections. The following link offers a number of injection sites and detailed mapping of the location. http://www.spotinjections.com/index3.htm

SC, SQ, SubQ or Subcutaneous injections: (from Wiki)is administered as a bolus into the subcutis,[2] the layer of skin directly below the dermis and epidermis, collectively referred to as the cutis. Subcutaneous injections are highly effective in administering vaccines and medications such as insulin , morphine, diacetylmorphine and goserelin. Subcutaneous, as opposed to intravenous, injection of recreational drugs is referred to as "skin popping."

It should be noted that the SubQ method of injections allows for a slow, sustained absorbtion and is considered to be much more pain free than IM injections. Typical doses administeres SubQ are 1-2ML typicaly at the most. This is a prefered method when constant injections are required! These injections are normally done in the abdominal area where sub dermal fat is more common.

The most frequently asked injection question has to do with PIP (Post Injection Pain).
    There are a number of reasons for post injection pain and ways to avoid it and deal with it. The most known causes of PIP are:
    1) Trauma to the injection site during injection. This is most often caused by an unsteady hand that causes the needle to move while in the muscle. This essentialy acts as a sharp knife creating small tears in the muscle that in turn get inflamed and sore!
    2) The amount of BA (Benzyl Alcohol) in the gear. Most Pharm grade gear contains less than 1% BA while some UGL's can contain up to 2% BA. Typicaly short estered gear like Prop contains a higher concentration of BA hence why there are so many complaints of PIP being caused by Test Prop. If a proper mixture of BA and BB (Benzyl Benzoate) exists then your gear will not be the cause for PIP!
    3) Higher concentration of gear is also noted as causing PIP but agin this has to do with the concentartion of BA.
    4) Injecting a high volume into one location can cause PIP do do fascia displacement. Lower volume injected either more frequently or in multiple locations will help avoid this problem.

Warming gear will NOT eliminate PIP!!!!!! This is the biggest injection myth out there! Warming your syringe under tap water that averages 110 degrees will have no affect on it's absortion rate once injected into the muscle body. Consider that the oil will be injected in the body that is already 98.6 degrees and will not hold any increase in temp from warming for any great amount of time!
    The only benifit to warming gear is that you can change the viscosity of the oil to a small degree in turn allowing the oil to be injected a bit easier, causing less chance for movement of an unsteady hand. If you absolutly feel the need to do this then please use the practice of placing your entire vile partialy submerged in warm water. Do not...I repeat, do not run your syringe under tap water. Tap water contains bacteria as well as the bacteria in everyones bathroom and kitchen areas. This will greatly increase your risk of an infection occuring during the injection.

Other frequently asked questions are:
    Can I mix more than 1 compound from seperate vials in the same syringe so that I only have to inject one time? YES!
    Any oil can be mixed, so you can draw Test E and Deca from 2 seperate vials into one syringe and inject them together for an example!

What size syringe and needle should I use? This is mainly a matter of preference but typical suggestions are to draw from the vial with an 18-22 gauge needle, change the tip and inject with a 22-27 gauge needle (my preference is draw with a 22 and inject with a 25). Some will warn against drawing from the vial with anything less than a 22 gauge to avoid damage to the rubber stopper and possible causing contamination by small pieces of the rubber stopper being pulled into the syringe.
    Length can be determined to a degree by how lean one is but to inject Glutes and Quads I recommend a 1.5” and all other muscles a 1” or 5/8”.

Nothing is more important than sterile injection techniques!Step by step this is an example of my injection routine.
    1) Have everything ready and available ie: vials, alcohol wipes, pins and a bandaid if it makes you feel good
    2) Make sure you are not in a hurry and there are no distractions.
    3) Remove an alcohol wipe from the package and swipe the top of the vial. This should be done in one direction several times.
    4) Remove the syringe and screw the 22G tip on to the syringe. Pull in the same amount of air that you plan to draw from the vial into the syringe (so if you are drawing 1ML of oil then fill the syringe with 1 CC of air). Inject the tip into the vial without touching anything else and push the air into the vial. This creates back pressure in the vial and makes drawing the oil easier. Now draw the desired amount of oil from the vial.
    5) Remove the syringe from the vial and then draw up a small air bubble into the syringe. This is less than .2 ML of air.
    6) Remove the 22G needle and replace it with the CAPPED 25G needle.
    7) Use a FRESH alcohol wipe and swab the area to be injected. Do this fron the center out in circular motions. Let the area swabbed dry!
    8) Uncap the syringe and inject the area that was prepped with alcohol. It's personal preference if you inject quickly or push the needle in slowly. Make sure the needle is all of the way into the muscle body.
    9) ASPERATE!!! Pull back just slightly on the plunger and assure the syringe doesn't fill with blood. A small amount of blood is no danger. If you are in a blood vessel the syringe will easily fill with blood. Remove the syringe and choose a new injection location. It is NOT neccessary to pull hard on the plunger nor is an air bubble showing during asperation neccessary!
    10) After asperating properly, push slow and steady on the plunger making sure that the syringe does not move or shake. There is no such thing as injecting too slow. Push all the way until the oil is completely injectedand the small air bubble you drew up fills the tip pushung all of the oil out. The air will not hurt you!!!!
    11) Remove the needle quickly and apply slight pressure with the alcohol wipe. Hold for a minute so that any bleeding will stop. Sometimes after removing the needle blood will come from the site, sometimes it will actully squirt from the injection site! Do not worry..this isn't common but it does happen.
    12) Cap the syringe and dispose of everything properly!

If PIP occurs it is usually within 48-72 hours. It may swell, become red and sore and even get a lump. Do not ice or massage! Use a heating pad and anti inflams such as Motrin or Ibuprofen. It may stay for up to a week or so. Keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get warm to the touch and increase in size and severity.
    If it get's worse see a doctor!!!!
    Wow...that's longer than a thesis dissertation!!!!!!

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good read, Thanks for putting it all together. This should help anybody getting started if they actually choose to read the information that's provided for them on this board.

Your color code doesn't looked like it worked in your original post I noticed .

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Wow...that's longer than a thesis dissertation!!!!!!
    Some of us party it up in Vegas and others sit home on a Fri. night bored ass shyt!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnnyBlazzze View Post
    Good read, Thanks for putting it all together. This should help anybody getting started if they actually choose to read the information that's provided for them on this board.

Your color code doesn't looked like it worked in your original post I noticed .
    Thanks JB...color fixed.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Thanks JB...color fixed.
    Cool stuff, looks official .

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    corret me if im wrong but i think i read some where that people were injecting test subq?? HRT forum i think...

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    corret me if im wrong but i think i read some where that people were injecting test subq?? HRT forum i think...
    Yes, it is becoming increasingly popular which is why I added it as an injection technique option.

Yes, it is becoming increasingly popular which is why I added it as an injection technique option.
    oh sorry, haven't read the whole post yet, just skimmed it lol..

It should be noted that the SubQ method of injections allows for a slow, sustained absorbtion and is considered to be much more pain free than IM injections. Typical doses administeres SubQ are 1-2ML typicaly at the most. This is a prefered method when constant injections are required! These injections are normally done in the abdominal area where sub dermal fat is more common.
    ah ok, but it is till ok to inject test e 2x a week like this yea?

ah ok, but it is till ok to inject test e 2x a week like this yea?
    Yes you could...

Yes you could...
    any down sides to it?

any down sides to it?
    From what I am learning Kronik I would say no, other than the lack of volume you could do at one time. Austin would know as he has been doing some and obviously some of the TRT guys.

From what I am reading it is a great way to inject low volume AAS.

From what I am learning Kronik I would say no, other than the lack of volume you could do at one time. Austin would know as he has been doing some and obviously some of the TRT guys.

From what I am reading it is a great way to inject low volume AAS.
    ah k, thanks. ill keep this in mind when the time comes

banehallow is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    most people forget this step, it doesnt mean that when you pin IM in to an IV will make AAS more effective. Drugs have different mechanisms of action.

nice post!

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well done bro! Grade A stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    Well done bro! Grade A stuff!
    Thanks AD...means alot from you!

good shit bro

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Thanks Lunk, Good Post

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Excellent job Lunk!

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great job Lunk. Wanna take bets on when the next injection technique thread is posted? I'll give it 3 days.

jpowell is offline Banned
    solid read!

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Great job Lunk. Wanna take bets on when the next injection technique thread is posted? I'll give it 3 days.
    Thanks Lunk. Great Job/Great Info.

I agree. Same thing is happening with MickyKnox thread, "Most Common Beginners Cycles." Matter of fact I think it started same day!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGUNSWANTED View Post
    good shit bro
    Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Thanks Lunk, Good Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Excellent job Lunk!
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    solid read!
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Thanks Lunk. Great Job/Great Info.

I agree. Same thing is happening with MickyKnox thread, "Most Common Beginners Cycles." Matter of fact I think it started same day!

Thanks guys...shows how exciting my Friday nights are

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Awesome stuff Mr. Lunk...great read

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Because of this amazing post, im going to bless your inbox with more pictures next week

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Because of this amazing post, im going to bless your inbox with more pictures next week
    Sweet lol. You must have had a good Black Friday

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    At my quantities, everyday is black friday

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Very well done Lunk. Time and effort duly noted!

kel

senorrebo is offline Associate Member
    Nice, thank you.

Perseverance1 is offline Banned
    Very nice, all of this is awesome information to have. You may want to add in a small bit about the panic attack type thing that happens sometimes with new users...I never read that anywhere until it happened to me and I posted about it in the forums. Had I known (for sure) what it was I would of just relocated and finished the pin, rather than tossing a perfectly good 150-200mg of liquid happiness.

Thanks again lunk for your insight and dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Very well done Lunk. Time and effort duly noted!

kel
    So your noting that I have no life

Thanks man..any suggestions feel free..I am already considering adding info on dosage measurement and a cpl of other tid bits of info. I wish I had more first hand on Sub Q (yet glad I don't)

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    No, you have a life. Just that the free porn sites must have been off line for a while! See what you can accomplish when not side tracked!

I'll read it again and pm you. Actually I have an idea now and will pm.

kel

Edit: Video Link added with further SubQ injection info....thanks Kel!

Edit: Video Link added with further SubQ injection info....thanks Kel!
    Add this to the OP also. Video depiction

Quote Originally Posted by Shsm View Post

I actually watched that before my first pin ever. It's a decent video but soooo damn gay lol

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shsm View Post

Justin Beiber doing a test shot..

I actually watched that before my first pin ever. It's a decent video but soooo damn gay lol
    The music depresses the **** out of me

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Justin Beiber doing a test shot..
    Lol. I believe it is a female undergoing a FTM (Female to Male) transition

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information