Thread: ANdrogel

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member

ANdrogel

Hey guys,

An uncle of mine just gave me about 30 packs of Androgel that he had. His doc took him off the treatment and he figured I could use them. Does this stuff do anything for me...Im 30yrs old and natural.(tried gear once about a year ago.,..little results). Does it work for spot gains or reduction around the abs or shoulders??

Any comments appreciated.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    androgel ??

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    I use them regularly..I have like 10 boxes..... I have a low testosterone level and use one about every other day. It keeps me withing normal range, but someone was telling me that you will not see anabolic gains like the injections.... you can definitely overdose on these things..cause I once used it everyday and broke out everywhere.
    I read in one of these posts that in order to get the same equivalancy as a shot, you would have to do like 4 or 5 packets a day... then since they are alcohol based...your skin might react by drying too much.
    I think they do work, but dont think enough to see major anabolic effects...

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    It isn't going to cause any spot gains ( I don't believe anything will). It is used for HRT and just a transdermal delivery system. It will increase your test levels but not enough to cause any major gains.

Here's a little info I found:
    AndroGel ™ (testosterone gel) is a clear, colorless hydroalcoholic gel containing 1% testosterone. AndroGel™ provides continuous transdermal delivery of testosterone, the primary circulating endogenous androgen, for 24 hours following a single application to intact, clean, dry skin of the shoulders, upper arms and/or abdomen.

A daily application of AndroGel™ 5 G, 7.5 G, or 10 G delivers 50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg of testosterone, respectively, per day, to the skin's surface. Approximately 10% of the applied testosterone dose is absorbed across skin of average permeability during a 24-hour period.

bump

dtdionne is offline Junior Member
    I have used them as well, and they really bumped my test levels. I think, but am not sure by any means that a lot of how much a person absorbs dependes on how lean they are. I am very lean and was taking the 5 G packet that is said to deliver 50mg of test. Now that is 5 GRAMS of test per packet! I just know that i was very lean when i did it and figured that was the difference. I have very good vascularity in my forearms. But chances are, i am wrong.

But it will shutdown your natural test, so its not one of those, maybe ill try it for a week or two and see.

OK guys,

I think I am going to try using a 5g pack a day until they run out and see what happens. I figure if it doesn't work...it doesn't work. But I might as well use them since I got them for free.

man are you sure you want to do that? it will shut your natural test down. read about it first, you really need to plan before you try that.

Decoder is offline Banned
    I was reading on androgel this morning, it's in all the mens health mag's look's like another product marketed to make money that has low resluts.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    Originally posted by Decoder
    I was reading on androgel this morning, it's in all the mens health mag's look's like another product marketed to make money that has low resluts.
    thats where it got me, its topical prohormone.

OK guys,

Do you think there could be any negative effects of my using all 30 packs that I got?....thoughts?

calidude is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Read what the retired mod said...

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by dtdionne
    I have used them as well, and they really bumped my test levels. I think, but am not sure by any means that a lot of how much a person absorbs dependes on how lean they are. I am very lean and was taking the 5 G packet that is said to deliver 50mg of test. Now that is 5 GRAMS of test per packet! I just know that i was very lean when i did it and figured that was the difference. I have very good vascularity in my forearms. But chances are, i am wrong.

But it will shutdown your natural test, so its not one of those, maybe ill try it for a week or two and see.
    The 5gram packets do not deliver 50mg of test to your system. Much of the testosterone in the androgel is absorbed into other areas and/or is sweated off, or rubbed off by clothing etcetera...the 5gram packets only deliver a therapeutic level of testosterone. You will definitely see an increase in muscle mass and decrease in bodyfat, but it will not be anything drastic. For someone with normal levels of testosterone , taking one blue packet (5grams) per day of Androgel will do nothing but shut your regular testoerone levels down and replace the same amount you were making. You won't benefit much.

Those who have had low testosterone levels and start using Androgel will be pleased with results. But, these results will not be nearly as evident as when using 200mg per week (or more) of a long-lasting ester testosterone such as Cypionate or Enanthate .

Bask8kace, you are exactly right. The studies show that the "average" androgel user gets about 10% or 5mg per pack. I would guess the range or margin would be +/- 10% at the extreme or +/- 5mg based on how lean the individual is.

And i was wrong about it having 5G's of test per pack, the packs are 5G's total (delivery system, test, etc) with 50mg's of test.

also, my test levels were 330 on monday and my doc has put me on 2 packs of androgel for 1 month. It will be interesting to see where that puts my test level at the end of the month.

FYI, if your interested:
    http://www.androgel.com/pdfs/androgel_prescribing.pdf
    Last edited by dtdionne; 05-07-2003 at 10:13 AM.

Thread Information