SilverTest is offline Senior Member

dostinex rebound and prostate health

hey guys,

Does dostinex cause any kind of prolactin rebound? i took it for 3 weeks and now im having this depressed anxious feeling after i stopped it, nipples hurt after i orgasm, scrotum is really tight and painful etc...

i am having a little bit of a relief when i take some magnesium/b6 pills, although i am only taking about 30 mg of b6 per day from the pills do you think its having a kind of an effect ? whats the deal with this thing?

second, i have been through some prostatitis and doctor said that i have a "minimally enlarged prostate" , PSA is fine, he said its a little bit big for my age and quite frankly my stream hasn't been strong for about 3 years especially after i did a long cycle of really high dosed test.

I am getting saw palmetto tomorrow, what do you think i should do in the futur ? can i cycle again or not ?

thanks.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I did some searching and only found one article that said it could.
    Rebound effect has been reported by people with insomnia, migraine, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, headache, depression.

Give the saw palmetto a go and maybe throw in a couple other prostate OT stuff to see if it helps. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I did some searching and only found one article that said it could.
    Rebound effect has been reported by people with insomnia, migraine, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, headache, depression.

Give the saw palmetto a go and maybe throw in a couple other prostate OT stuff to see if it helps. Keep us posted.
    will do bro, how in the heck do the pros keep check of their prostates with all those massive ongoing cycles ? why did this happen to me? i rarely see anyone with prostate problems from roids, or maybe these problems are not being reported i dont know ....im only 26 btw.

Everyone is different. I know TRT has effected mine although my numbers are fine and even after being checked by the doctor and having a colonoscopy saying everything is AOK I can feel a difference like you and have to get up to pea 3+ times a night sometimes.

We get a lot of people with problems but you are right, not many report prostate issues but I bet most dont realize it or wont say anything. I bet we hear about .01% or less of the problems.

i don't wake up to pea at night at all but the stream is just weaker and becomes very weak when i have prostatitis. Im confused about this thing.

bump for more answers and explanations

That is strange because Caber is supposed to help. Maybe it did and you are now just use to how you think things should be but really you are back to normal?

Probably best is to get blood work done of course.

What else were you taking besides the dostinex? You were on cycle or?

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    I'm Angry too with this problem. I did low dose test tren and proviron , and I had to pee 2-3 times in a night, normally I pee 1 time. I have this issue since I was born, but test will seriously affect. Would during 500 mg EW test, saw palmetto help to prevent DHT??? or what should we do??

Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    I'm Angry too with this problem. I did low dose test tren and proviron, and I had to pee 2-3 times in a night, normally I pee 1 time. I have this issue since I was born, but test will seriously affect. Would during 500 mg EW test, saw palmetto help to prevent DHT??? or what should we do??
    You may need something a bit stronger. I use saw palmetto and ??? forget the name, another OTC prostate remedy and although they help a little nothing like I would like them to.

I really need to do more research and trying things myself instead of leaning to live with it.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    finasteride????

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That is strange because Caber is supposed to help. Maybe it did and you are now just use to how you think things should be but really you are back to normal?

Probably best is to get blood work done of course.

What else were you taking besides the dostinex? You were on cycle or?
    no i was not on cycle i took it to get my prolactin down a bit because i was using antidepressants and antipsychotics, i took treatment. I seem ok right now though i think its getting better each day but im not so sure, oh da heck with it i'll give it a week and see how it goes... will keep u posted.
    Last edited by SilverTest; 01-01-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    finasteride????
    Considering that is a RX it should work. I have not used it and still trying to find a more natural supplement method. I think I'm going to order some New Chapter Prostate 5LX on Amazon, it seems to have most all good reviews

Thread Information