Bruce Lee probably died from Diuretics...the mysterious "D"

title: Bruce Lee probably died from Diuretics...the mysterious "D"

After having read an article from Iron Man Mag, and also having been and still am a big Bruce Lee fan, and read his student/friend's book "Unsettled Matters" by Tom Bleecker. I'm almost sure he died of Diuretics.

There was an Iron Man Magazine article, I forgot the author, but you can find it on that website's archived articles where the author, an authority on bodybuilding, BB nutrition, & BB competition said that anabolic steroids do not kill overnight. Their damage is over the long haul.

There are however 2 performance enhancement drugs that can kill a person immediately and they are:

1) Diuretics; and
    2) Insulin

In fact, this author went on to say that in testing for drugs nowadays, the pro Bodybuilding or bodybuilding competition authorities may only test for these aforesaid 2.

This author gave an example of Mike Matarrazo passing out and also Mohammed Benaziza.

Bruce Lee was cut up/shredded which is what diuretics do. They suck out the water from you and there's a risk of dehyrdation.

Bruce Lee's student and friend, Tom Bleecker in his book "Unsettled Matters" which is free on the web as a pdf format (a highly-recommended read) wrote about how Bruce probably had kidney failure and experienced a lot of the symptoms of this type of performance enhancing drugs--nauseau, headaches, vomiting, excessive sweating/oily skin, pimples.

I really off hand without looking further into this didn't think Tom Bleecker's info. on this (which really was a relevation) had any creedence because I thought he had an axe to grind since he had married Bruce's wife after Bruce's passing.

But, Tom had been a student/friend of Bruce before ever having met Linda Lee, Bruce's wife.

Also what medication out there is so effin mysterious as A.A.S.?

There's an endless amount of info. to learn it seems hence the invention of this and other steroid forum sites.

Back then the juice was stronger, and nobody ran a PCT.

That's all I have to say on this topic.

I'd stay away personally from Diuretics like Lasix and Insulin.

You'd really have to read "Unsettled Matters"---it is a MUST READ FOR ANABOLIC STEROID USERS AND RESEARCHERS.

Good luck and be safe!

Atomini is offline Banned
    I've posted about this MANY MANY MANY times before, about how no bodybuilders have "died from steroids " but those who have killed themselves almost acutely with diuretics (Andreas Menzer, for example). Diuretics are horrible for the body. I'm not surprised about any of this.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    But what about the OTC diuretics from any pharmacy? Things like Diurex. They are pretty mild in comparison to letro and the likes, andI hat e to see people using letro as a diuretic. There is also that Expel from GNC that is a "natural" diuretic,which actually works decently. Are these bad for you as well? I like running Diurex everyday for about 2 weeks before going to the beach or pool party.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Interesting post. Here is the opinion of a forum member on this issue (completely different forum that concentrates on martial arts, btw):

''I am sick of threads about Bruce Lee and the elementary, uneducated debates on whether he used such drugs. So I am going to offer the only explanation to a debate that has no real answer, as it is impossible to ask him. Did Bruce Lee use steroids ? Probably.

Here is why: First off, I am both an experienced martial artist and experienced steroid user. So for all the people who just rant and throw useless information regarding subjects they have zero experience with, shut up and pay attention.

Given the time period, Bruce was most likely exposed to such compounds as testosterone , deca , dianabol and a number of diuretics. People think that injecting test will make you huge. Bullsh*t. If you don't eat an enormous amount of food you're not going to get much bigger at all. It's quite possible to attain a physique like his using testosterone and having an extremely strict diet, supplemented with diuretic pills. These pills, which were available then, take water out of your body and give you a more "ripped" appearance. And considering testosterone, deca, dbol , the most popular steroids of that time were not illegal, there is no reason why he wouldn't have at least tried some.

"oohh but he was so dedicated and blah blah he would never compromise his integrity asdf" Shut up. Because he was so dedicated is probably the primary reason why he would use such compounds, because elite athletes will try almost anything to get an edge.

He was in show business. Actors today use steroids. They use their body to make money. Yes there is some acting and entertainment qualities needed, but if they were ugly and out of shape they wouldn't be able to get certain roles. And lets face it: Actors do not have years to prepare physically for a role when they can achieve the same results in 4 months with some special help.

"Bruce was skinny, he did not have a physique similar to those with steroid use ." You don't get it. If his diet and cardio was as extreme as it is documented, 1: he probably needed testosterone to recover and train so often, 2: he wouldn't have had to worry about getting too bulky because of his calories. He could have shot test like mad and still stayed thin.

Bruce was cocky and arrogant. Anything that could have made him better than someone else would have been beneficial to him, ergo it would make logical sense to have at least tried steroids.

Dan Inosanto once said Bruce got up to about 160lbs, then lost the weight he had gained because he lost speed. I doubt it. I haven't lost any speed whatsoever and have put on more than 25lbs of pure muscle from steroids. He could have done a cycle and put on some muscle, then realizing how difficult it is to maintain that and keep up his martial training, he lost weight. Let me tell you, it would be extremely difficult to train in a martial art, especially as he did, while also having a heavy weight lifting routine. Your body would simply be too sore to keep up with that kind of routine. So, possibly he tried, because we all know he wanted to be bigger and was jealous of those with more muscular physiques, but found the rigors too demanding, as I have, as anyone would. Bodybuilding routines and extreme martial training do not mix well, which is why some of todays fighters have good physiques, but are hardly comparable to a bodybuilder. So it would make more sense to tone down his weight routine, lift lighter weights so he could recover faster and still be able to do the cardio and martial training he desired. Just a thought.

I am not saying he did or did not, as I can not know that answer. What I am saying is, rationally, it makes logical sense he would have at least tried some, and frankly seems quite naive to think otherwise.

Think what you want, but it's simple probability. The evidence to support rational and logical thought is overwhelming.''

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Interesting post. Here is the opinion of a forum member on this issue (completely different forum that concentrates on martial arts, btw):

''I am sick of threads about Bruce Lee and the elementary, uneducated debates on whether he used such drugs. So I am going to offer the only explanation to a debate that has no real answer, as it is impossible to ask him. Did Bruce Lee use steroids ? Probably.

Here is why: First off, I am both an experienced martial artist and experienced steroid user. So for all the people who just rant and throw useless information regarding subjects they have zero experience with, shut up and pay attention.

Given the time period, Bruce was most likely exposed to such compounds as testosterone , deca , dianabol and a number of diuretics. People think that injecting test will make you huge. Bullsh*t. If you don't eat an enormous amount of food you're not going to get much bigger at all. It's quite possible to attain a physique like his using testosterone and having an extremely strict diet, supplemented with diuretic pills. These pills, which were available then, take water out of your body and give you a more "ripped" appearance. And considering testosterone, deca, dbol , the most popular steroids of that time were not illegal, there is no reason why he wouldn't have at least tried some.

"oohh but he was so dedicated and blah blah he would never compromise his integrity asdf" Shut up. Because he was so dedicated is probably the primary reason why he would use such compounds, because elite athletes will try almost anything to get an edge.

He was in show business. Actors today use steroids. They use their body to make money. Yes there is some acting and entertainment qualities needed, but if they were ugly and out of shape they wouldn't be able to get certain roles. And lets face it: Actors do not have years to prepare physically for a role when they can achieve the same results in 4 months with some special help.

"Bruce was skinny, he did not have a physique similar to those with steroid use ." You don't get it. If his diet and cardio was as extreme as it is documented, 1: he probably needed testosterone to recover and train so often, 2: he wouldn't have had to worry about getting too bulky because of his calories. He could have shot test like mad and still stayed thin.

Bruce was cocky and arrogant. Anything that could have made him better than someone else would have been beneficial to him, ergo it would make logical sense to have at least tried steroids.

Dan Inosanto once said Bruce got up to about 160lbs, then lost the weight he had gained because he lost speed. I doubt it. I haven't lost any speed whatsoever and have put on more than 25lbs of pure muscle from steroids. He could have done a cycle and put on some muscle, then realizing how difficult it is to maintain that and keep up his martial training, he lost weight. Let me tell you, it would be extremely difficult to train in a martial art, especially as he did, while also having a heavy weight lifting routine. Your body would simply be too sore to keep up with that kind of routine. So, possibly he tried, because we all know he wanted to be bigger and was jealous of those with more muscular physiques, but found the rigors too demanding, as I have, as anyone would. Bodybuilding routines and extreme martial training do not mix well, which is why some of todays fighters have good physiques, but are hardly comparable to a bodybuilder. So it would make more sense to tone down his weight routine, lift lighter weights so he could recover faster and still be able to do the cardio and martial training he desired. Just a thought.

I am not saying he did or did not, as I can not know that answer. What I am saying is, rationally, it makes logical sense he would have at least tried some, and frankly seems quite naive to think otherwise.

Think what you want, but it's simple probability. The evidence to support rational and logical thought is overwhelming.''
    this is fascinating turkishjuicer....so much so that i copied and pasted it to look at when im less busy. i did a glance over. yes, i agree. bruce would've used every available means and was a pioneer in making his own martial arts equipment and folllowing strange diets. so why not experiment with steroids? yes. good one.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    But what about the OTC diuretics from any pharmacy? Things like Diurex. They are pretty mild in comparison to letro and the likes, andI hat e to see people using letro as a diuretic. There is also that Expel from GNC that is a "natural" diuretic,which actually works decently. Are these bad for you as well? I like running Diurex everyday for about 2 weeks before going to the beach or pool party.
    all drugs have their specific benefits and side effects. when used correctly, at the correct doses, diuretics are actually a real medicine with very important functions.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    all drugs have their specific benefits and side effects. when used correctly, at the correct doses, diuretics are actually a real medicine with very important functions.
    Exactly right. My blood pressure meds have a pretty strong diuretic combined with them. My dr changes me up every 6 months to one without a diuretic, so during that time, I use basic diurex from the drugstore. It isnt the best, but it still works and it helps me to maintain a healthy blood pressure. So there is positive benefits to them, as well as test for TRT.

Thread Information