thegame01 is offline Member

steroids and injuries

hey guy's i was curious as to whether AS heals muscle injuries .i have recently tore my brachioradialis .I havent worked my arm in about 3 weeks .I just started my cycle this week as i couldnt do it latter this summer .Anyways will it help my tear ? I only feel it while i work out or stretch in the morning so it's getting better.

Why is it that cortisone is considered a Steroid and heals muscle (i know it's not an anabolic steroid but what are some of their diferences ?
    And how does cortisone heal muscle?

Thanks
    GZ

Havvoc is offline Junior Member
    cortisone doesnt heal muscle. Cortisone is a synthetic steroid that is used as a replacement therapy in adrenocortical deficiency states. The powerful steroid is also useful for its potent anti-inflammatory effects in disorders of many organ systems. Cortisone therapy suppresses the output of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) from the pituitary gland and this in turn suppresses the adrenal cortex. This allows a control of excessive androgen secretion.

thegame01 is offline Member
    Thanks havvoc but why is it then that i know a few guy's that have gotten cortisone injections in their shoulder for their injuries? is it only as a antiinflamatory cause my buddy's pain never came back and my dads shoulder was better for years .Whats up with that ? before he needed surgery.

thanks
    GZ

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    yes when injected in the shoulder joint it does stop inflammation of the bursa sac and numbs the inner nerves my dad recieved a cortisone shot and he was better for only about a month and the pain came back. it is potentially hazardous to the joint because you can hurt it worse while the cortisone is active

Thread Information